rllmuk
mechamonkey

Borderlands 3

15 hours ago, Gizamaluke said:

41GB patch on pc ffs....

I'm 50% in to the 'free' weekend download on xbox after almost a day of downloading. Thankfully the 'start' point (about 11Gb) actually seems to allow the game to be played properly for the most part. I was able to play a couple of hours perfectly fine last night anyway.

I'm surprised how good this looks and how smooth it is on my launch one. Framerate seems consistent so far.

EDIT: They are taking the piss. I got to 27Gb download last night, able to play fine...just turned it on and got a 17Gb update, which overrides the original installation so I now have another 6 hours of downloads before I can play again.

EDIT2: As if by magic, I can play again!

Will likely be starting this in the new year, doing co-op with a mate. Are there any two classes that compliment each other particularly well, or is it much of a muchness? 

2 hours ago, Big_H said:

Will likely be starting this in the new year, doing co-op with a mate. Are there any two classes that compliment each other particularly well, or is it much of a muchness? 

They all have support like skills so just pick who you like.
Fl4k is good through the campaign so far playing solo, his spiderant seems to tank pretty much everything, could also work co-op
Moze is great with other players, lots of support skills, also you can man her Iron Bear's turrent on a second player and it's shield is super handy to congregate in.
Zane's Barrier and distracting clones or with transfusion grenade spam works well
Amara, well Amara is just great full stop, lots of team healing skills, crowd control etc.
You cant really go wrong.

Personally still loving this, still only up to 

Spoiler

Eden-6 

but playing this weekly with friends has been really fun so far (also played up to the same area on a Fl4k alt too solo)

This has just become available on Stadia FWIW. Not planning on buying it myself but might be of interest to folks in here. 

On 17/12/2019 at 12:24, mechamonkey said:

They all have support like skills so just pick who you like.
Fl4k is good through the campaign so far playing solo, his spiderant seems to tank pretty much everything, could also work co-op
Moze is great with other players, lots of support skills, also you can man her Iron Bear's turrent on a second player and it's shield is super handy to congregate in.
Zane's Barrier and distracting clones or with transfusion grenade spam works well
Amara, well Amara is just great full stop, lots of team healing skills, crowd control etc.
You cant really go wrong.

Personally still loving this, still only up to 

Reveal hidden contents

Eden-6 

but playing this weekly with friends has been really fun so far (also played up to the same area on a Fl4k alt too solo)

Brilliant, ta man. I've plumped for FL4K, as I love having a meatshield minion. 

Been playing for a little while now, and the skill tree seems really complicated still. Quite involved. Also, my LB used to turn my little gremlin sidekick guy into a raging hulk, but now it sends out a Rakk or two. Can't quite seem to get my head around it. 

On 19/12/2019 at 16:07, MagicalDrop said:

Posted in the bargains forum but worth noting here - price drop on console versions at Game to £19.99.

Thanks. I just picked it up from Game and they gave me a Steel Book as well for £19.99. It also has the Gold gun codes with it - Not that I was bothered.

I am properly back into this. Done story on 2 characters and half way through the harder mode up to level 45.

So I have 2 new ish characters id like to play with other people if anyone fancies it? We can play your story mode if that helps.

edit: it would nice if we could get a little whats app group going just to message when people are on and anyone can jump in.

• Upvote 1

Is this better than BL2? It left me cold, and not just because of the start.

Just now, Hamus said:

Is this better than BL2? It left me cold, and not just because of the start.

It feels the same just new missions and story. 

I just like the carnage with people.

• Upvote 1

It's too similar to Borderlands 2. So similar I haven't played it since November or something. It hits all the exact same beats with the exact same timing and the exact same pacing and I can't be arsed as I've played 2 through so many times.

Still loving this, have an Amara up to 35 now with the gang I’ve played all them with, but enjoyed it so much I’ve run two other characters up to the same point (just finished Eden).

as I won’t go past that point I’ve played a ton of the multiplayer events (the quick dungeons and Slaughter zone so my zane is actually 53 and flack 40ish,  and farmed Hammerlock hunts and named enemies like Borman Nate’s galore (they scale) I’m gagging to get to TVHM and start to properly farm, I still absolutely love this to be honest it’s exactly what I wanted 

It's not working through Steam for me at the moment, just sits there saying "signing in". Guessing it's getting hammered right now. Was up for it this evening too.

Wow this really is more of the same. The intro, the Claptrap chat, the looting, just more of it. No bad thing but yeah there you go.

It's also more of the same but a little bit worse. The script is an absolute horror show of a bin fire, completely unfunny from start to finish. I'm not sure if that's just me outgrowing the franchise but either way it's really pretty terrible and I was playing with the dialogue down by the end. 

Gameplay wise it's more of the same, and I had a really great laugh playing through it with 3 mates, some of the fights and setups are really really great fun. 

• Upvote 1

When you complete the game, put it on mayhem level 2 or 3 (4 is just impossible). Missions become 2 hours long its great with a friend. Just carnage but you've got to be tactical about it.

Am I missing something, everywhere says the the level cap has gone up, but playing the DLC and I still can't level past 50.

6 minutes ago, Harsin said:

Am I missing something, everywhere says the the level cap has gone up, but playing the DLC and I still can't level past 50.

No idea how thats happening mate, im level 57. Dunno if Mayhem levels dictate it, im on Mayhem 4.

There isn't a couple not hundred kB dlc that needs installing is there? Usually catches me out on shit like that.

I've levelled up twice playing it, but it just gives me Guardian Rank as previously.

On 13/03/2020 at 19:28, mechamonkey said:

Still loving this, have an Amara up to 35 now with the gang I’ve played all them with, but enjoyed it so much I’ve run two other characters up to the same point (just finished Eden).

as I won’t go past that point I’ve played a ton of the multiplayer events (the quick dungeons and Slaughter zone so my zane is actually 53 and flack 40ish,  and farmed Hammerlock hunts and named enemies like Borman Nate’s galore (they scale) I’m gagging to get to TVHM and start to properly farm, I still absolutely love this to be honest it’s exactly what I wanted 

Late bump but TVHM is redundant pretty much, its all about Mayhem for farming. On 4 legendaries drop everywhere.

• Upvote 1

I'm absolutely loving this having taken a little break from it. On ps4 if anyone fancies teaming up... Psn is muz__c (two underscores)