rllmuk
mechamonkey

Borderlands 3

Level 13 and just completed the third World and a host of side missions on the first. Had my ex gfs brother over and we set up another TV and ps4 next to my projector. Well spent 6 hours. 

Yeah, just had a quick go before my co op friend can join in and it seems great so far. Love the new health bar on the enemies, and the animated player hands. The whole Claptrap thing is a little stale, shame they didn't introduce a new robot, but then I guess that might have pissed off the fanbase ^_^

A couple of annoyances - what's with the unskippable video(s)? And the character selection screen is odd: I was waving my mouse cursor over the characters before I realised you need to do it over the names, and then every time your mouse moves it restarts the narrated intro for them. Strange how nobody noticed that.

Who's everyone playing as? I really fancied Zane but reading he's a bit weak until really late game and is very gear dependent so not sure... 

8 minutes ago, Dark Soldier said:

Amara for me, melee is too much fun

I've never played a melee class. Is she super tanky? I keep thinking that if you get close up to enemies (particularly bosses), you'll just get melted

Love how you get to use your skills way more often in this! I’ve gone Flak, and not only does his Rakk skill recharge pretty fast, but it also has two charges! Plus, his pet is totally separate to skills, which is great.

Looking at the skill trees, I’m guessing it’s a choice between having up to three weaker skills, or one more powerful one then? Looks like the first skill in every tree unlocks a new active skill power with Flak at least.

13 minutes ago, Muz said:

I've never played a melee class. Is she super tanky? I keep thinking that if you get close up to enemies (particularly bosses), you'll just get melted

She's got some interesting perks, like one that makes weapons do more damage the closer you are to them. But her other two trees look like they're ranged, so options are there.

32 minutes ago, Muz said:

I've only died once through 11 levels, and that' due to falling off the map. I'm not specced into melee yet though, that'll be my next skill point, but as long as you hit crits you'll be fine.

I went with Fl4k. I was just speccing into his Hunter tree at first and he turned rather brittle around lvl 12. A few points into his extra health skill helped as did a Legendary shield I found. 

He is a really fun character to play. Raining down constant Rakk's on normal enemies is hilarious. Then on bosses switching to his invis for the huge crit bonus. I'm enjoying the assault rifles here too. Never really got on with them on BL2 but they work well with playing Fl4k at the midrange. Using your Rakks and pet to distract and force enemies out of cover then popping heads with a scoped rifle or a sniper.

The only thing jarring in this is that they’ve still got those weird black voids of nothingness in all the trailers and similar buildings that the enemies walk out of. Surely they could have done a better job with those? The graphics look great, but then you have these black rectangles on everything that you can’t walk into.

• Upvote 1

Does anyone else find the text in the menu almost unreadable? I got a new ps4pro and am playing 1080p on a projector but the text is really rough to read. 

Projector seems fine. I used the hdmi 2 that's provided with the pro and pro seems to be outputting 1080p.

Any thoughts? 

59 minutes ago, skittles said:

Does anyone else find the text in the menu almost unreadable? I got a new ps4pro and am playing 1080p on a projector but the text is really rough to read. 

Projector seems fine. I used the hdmi 2 that's provided with the pro and pro seems to be outputting 1080p.

Any thoughts? 

No problems for me, but I’m playing on a standard LCD sitting about 2.5 m away.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, skittles said:

Any thoughts? 

Not just you. It’s inconsistent though. Some text is fine, but I had to get up and walk over to my telly just to tell what the options screens are saying.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Dark Soldier said:

I've only died once through 11 levels, and that' due to falling off the map. 

I find easy games pointless to play so this comment puts me off buying this. Are there difficulty settings in the game to make it challenging?

I've died a number of times on normal and a hundred times I've had a second chance. Up to level 16.

Ive got some guns that I like. A legendary and couple of others. Is there anyway to upgrade them at all so they don't become underpowered too quickly? 

58 minutes ago, skittles said:

I've died a number of times on normal and a hundred times I've had a second chance. Up to level 16.

Ive got some guns that I like. A legendary and couple of others. Is there anyway to upgrade them at all so they don't become underpowered too quickly? 

The chap who made the Gibbed save editors for the previous games created a source code repository for a Borderlands 3 version a few days ago :ph34r: