IGNORED

Satisfactory - Early Access PC sci-fi survival stuff building

Flub

I've played this for about 4 hours straight tonight. I've got an incredibly messy setup sprawling in all directions :)

It hasn't rendered in HD yet but here's some footage I streamed earlier of me playing from almost the start for a bit

I'm still figuring things out but the current vid I'm uploading is a quick tour of my current progress. I'm nearly ready to do my first space elevator launch.

Since I did this I unlocked my truck, found a coal node and I'm  now providing all my current power needs from a single coal node connected up to 5 coal power stations. If you've hit that wall where it feels like you're building biomass fuel more than working push on. It gets easier once you unlock coal and make the effort to hook that up.

Top tip. Foundations work as bridges.

I started a fresh game with what I'd learned and it's going super well so far. Next job is to build the space elevator. This time I'm building a lot of stuff manually rather than efficiently until I get the coal power. It's a little bit more grindy but once you have the basics automated it's fine. It's meaning far less time looking for fuel.

I stopped playing at 3:30am and couldn't stop thinking about it.

17 minutes ago, BeeJay said:

Is it fair robust, considering it is still in early access. Considering this as my Easter holiday game.

Haven't played for a while but early on in the closed alpha it played very nicely, the only thing it was missing was a compelling end game. The devs were really active in the alpha so I imagine it's come a long way since then. 

I'm building the stuff I need for the second space elevator launch so I can open the next tier. It's large enough a shipment that I've needed to automate pretty heavily. Even with that it's still slow going. I suspect my next round of unlocks will be for mk2 contructors and assmblers to speed stuff up. Even with power slugs I'm not really making a dent in the speed.

Having all this construction running gives me plenty of time to explore. The map is massive and very well constructed.

Desktop_Screenshot_2019_04.07_-_19_36_22_69.png

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I bought this from the Epic Store a while ago.

It's pretty good. My first couple of attempts at this game were quickly abandoned, but now that I understand how it works and I'm not so attached to the initial layout of a factory, I have a huge multi-storey building out in the desert starting area, and I nearly have everything I need to unlock tier 5. I'm obsessed with railings and walkways at the moment.

I've played a little multiplayer with my brother, we built a tube cannon that can propel you half way across the entire map, if you surive the landing.

• 7 months later...

Satisfactory is the most beautiful game ever created. 

@Flub please change the thread title to "Satisfactory the reason to buy a computer". If people buy consoles in order to play a specific game then anyone not owning a PC should buy a PC in order to play Satisfactory. Satisfactory will changes lives. 

I now know what the first man felt like walking the earth. I now know that if I can get this game in VR then that's where I would want to to die. I'm officially a member of the Satisfactory cult. 

20210319173917_1.thumb.jpg.492a14c3eb7101c5c3bdf26e61c02496.jpg

If you know you know. 

• 9 months later...

I'm surprised I haven't posted in this thread before. Have played through with a mate of mine three times now, each time getting further, this time, almost completed... in as far as the game can be completed.

Anyway, here's a fly through of the world we've created, starting a Smelter St and ending at the space elevator...

On 18/01/2022 at 09:41, jonamok said:

Does it feel like it’s missing anything obvious, functionally or polish, ahead of it going v1.0? It looks incredibly content complete after Update 5.

There's still no real end game. The final space elevator delivery is total madness, we had to build six or seven mega factories just to support the final builds. Then when you're done there's still the golden nut to buy in the shop which is hours of sinking stuff.

But there's so much content up to that point that we didn't feel disappointed with the end, just clamouring for more!

I love the game, but always flake out when it comes to scaling up. Looking at the impressive builds people have just increases my feelings of ‘I’m never gonna do that!’ and my relatively little factory is left to digitally rot. 😢

This is a god send:

https://satisfactory-calculator.com/en/production-planner

Switch it to simple mode for an easy view of what you need. Go to outputs add the item(s) you want to create and how many you want per minute and let it it do its magic.

A couple of examples of factories we built using the planner tool:

309045519_factory(2).thumb.jpeg.9e9dd5549bd1f1363ae0e355c732bfce.jpeg

and

factory.thumb.jpeg.81a732f7a0f2c34d4b538eb4723ca643.jpeg

The miners in those diagrams are Mk3 and the nodes are assumed to be Normal purity. So in actual fact we used overclocked single pure mines for some of these (like the iron, quartz and caterium above).

I think it's all about building fresh when you get to a certain stage. Forget about your old stuff, or wipe it out and rebuild if you really like the location. There's loads of base materials around, copper, iron, coal. Even oil isn't really in short supply and if you concentrate on building roads, railways and hyper tubes between your factories, then it doesn't really matter if they are on the other side of the world or not.

Also, on your first build of a mega-factory, don't worry about making it look nice! Just put out a massive flat foundation (like 40x40 or something) and go from there... also also using conveyor walls on the floors is a good way to keep your conveyors neat (you can always delete the walls afterwards - and since update 5 it is MUCH more forgiving about objects clipping.

On 20/01/2022 at 12:30, Danster said:

This is a god send:

Whoa, thanks a lot! I got one big nuclear powered factory, but now I need to scale up the production. My current factory has spaghetti conveyor belts all over the place, but I want my new factory to be symmetric and...PERFECT! Those planners will make things a lot easier. I'm also planning to make my new factory....vertical haha!