IGNORED

Satisfactory - Early Access PC sci-fi survival stuff building

Flub

5 hours ago, Stevie said:

Whoa, thanks a lot! I got one big nuclear powered factory, but now I need to scale up the production. My current factory has spaghetti conveyor belts all over the place, but I want my new factory to be symmetric and...PERFECT! Those planners will make things a lot easier. I'm also planning to make my new factory....vertical haha!

Vertical building was a new one for me this time round too. There's a good YouTube channel that gives some good tips, having false floors between levels. And the new conveyor lift holes are great, if a little fiddly to get right first time.

I started this a couple of hours ago. I just want to check, am I right in thinking that there’s a lot of just holding the space bar down for ages to craft initial materials?

I should add that it isn’t a problem if this is the case, I kinda love mundane repetitive tasks in games, I just want to check I’m not missing something i.e there’s a way of setting it going and coming back.

I’ve finished upgrading the hub and now it just says ‘build the space elevator’ without any other guidance. I’m assuming that figuring it all out for yourself is where the fun lies? Good first impressions!

3 hours ago, Mystacon said:

I started this a couple of hours ago. I just want to check, am I right in thinking that there’s a lot of just holding the space bar down for ages to craft initial materials?

I should add that it isn’t a problem if this is the case, I kinda love mundane repetitive tasks in games, I just want to check I’m not missing something i.e there’s a way of setting it going and coming back.

I’ve finished upgrading the hub and now it just says ‘build the space elevator’ without any other guidance. I’m assuming that figuring it all out for yourself is where the fun lies? Good first impressions!

Everything you can make at the craft table can be automated.

Smelters to turn ore into ingots, then conveyor to a constructor to turn ingots into materials, like iron plate or wire.

Then constructors to assemblers and then to manufacturers and and and...

Also, if you kind of triple tap the space bar it'll stick and you can go and make a cup of tea.

• 1 month later...

Long gone are the days of spaghetti factories. Everything is tidy now. 

This is a metal plate factory. First building has a miner mk.3 and smelters. Second building has nothing but constructors. If I need more output I'll just build another floor and add more smelters or constructors. Of course, this is my new base and its being supported by a nuclear powered factory that's spaghetti hell. My eyes hurt when I visit it. But this new thing is going to be very neat and tidy indeed. 

sat.thumb.jpg.f1fc48e6af010d1c626dd1ddd08c53f0.jpg

I still haven't been able to do the hyper tube boost thing. I guess that's nerfed now? 

On 08/03/2022 at 15:21, Stevie said:

I still haven't been able to do the hyper tube boost thing. I guess that's nerfed now? 

I doubt it. There's quite an easy pattern to do it, but it's probably easier to watch a video of someone doing it than me try to explain in words...

But I'll try any way. :) You need to place bases in a line, with a single (base sized) gap between them. Then join them all up with tubes. Now delete every other base and the tube after it, starting at the second base. Then add entrances to each of the remaining bases. 

Thanks Danster, I’ll have another go. I did watch a video a while back and understood the basics but there must be something I’ve done wrong. 

I can’t believe how good this game is. 

26 minutes ago, Stevie said:

Thanks Danster, I’ll have another go. I did watch a video a while back and understood the basics but there must be something I’ve done wrong. 

I can’t believe how good this game is. 

No worries. It is bloody marvellous. I keep thinking that I'll just have a quick go, but know how much I'll sink into it again, so just can't!

25 minutes ago, Danster said:

No worries. It is bloody marvellous. I keep thinking that I'll just have a quick go, but know how much I'll sink into it again, so just can't!

Aye. Can’t wait to see what it will be like when it’s finished, maybe with more planets and more exploration. The exploration when you’re unfamiliar with the map is really undersold, is is quite fun and should be more of a selling point.

I’ve noticed that there are some hints of ancient tombs in the Dune Desert, so maybe there are more content in the making.

I might have to do a video tour of my factory, it's slightly worrying :ph34r:

My oil outpost is bigger than a lot of entire game world maps from the 90s 🤣

I find the drones a bit weird but I love my automated truck and the fact you can clip your train lines and whole trains through bits of the map is a god send given there's no terraforming in it. 

If anything though, it kills my ancient pc and it's lowly gtx 970 but then I did put in a load of glass floors and lights so it's partly my fault too  :D

Pretty handy when things are miles and miles away and you don't want to conveyor the whole way.

We tend to use them for individual items - like we had an Aluminium factory making various things that got sent back to main base via train, but one of the other factories needed heatsinks, so we droned those over to there. Battery management is also something you need to prepare for... :D

1 minute ago, Danster said:

Battery management is also something you need to prepare for... :D

That’s actually the reason why I haven’t tried them. Can you fly drones yourself? 

1 minute ago, Stevie said:

That’s actually the reason why I haven’t tried them. Can you fly drones yourself? 

No you can't fly them yourself. 

On the previous world we did, we used quite a few drones, and ended up having a centralised battery store, that filled a local drone station. Then every time we built a new drone station we'd build two, one to go and get batteries, the other to actually deliver the stuff! :P

Centralised Battery creation works hand in hand with Aluminium products.

• 2 months later...

Just bought this super cheap on EGS as I love a good factory builder. So far so good, there’s a LOT to learn here and I hope I’ll unlock the ability to get more of a birds eye view soon, but it’s a very well crafted game so far. 

I can foresee some long sessions :)

I haven’t played in months. I know that if I start a new game, I’m going to build the ultimate ultimate ultimate ultimate factory and it’s going to be pure madness. 

• 3 weeks later...

Update six is out. They seem to have done some changes to wildlife. The hogs are less dangerous than before, while the giant spiders are nope x10. Since the world is handcrafted, they have also made some changes to caves and geography. Its quite nice.