Watch Dogs Legion - Don’t let your kids play (see page 16)

I played some more yesterday and sat on 6h+ it says now and I really just think it is an absolute, terrible mess (technically and otherwise). I don't think I can carry on any further. It's so boring.

Someone mentioned the Scotland Yard mission earlier  and yes, you can plan away but I literally just ran in the front with my crappy starting character, crouched in a room till they came to me and shot them all. Got what I needed and walked out. It was so unfulfilling. 

I think this just may not be for me. :(

5 hours ago, CarloOos said:

The condensed approximation of London does mess with my head a bit, but when I first spawned I was able to get my bearings immediately in relation to the BT tower, so it’s faithful enough. 

One thing to note, it’s going to really irritate the ‘HDR shadows should be black’ crowd. Even for my tastes they seem to be quite high, with no way of lowering them in any of the calibration options. That goes for the menus as well, everything’s grey rather than black. That’s presuming it wasn’t a bug, Xbox version.

Yeah, I was about to ask if anyone had any decent HDR settings. 

The car chases in this are hilarious. Skidding around Buckingham Palace at full speed, while being chased by 6 cops cars, never gets old. 

13 minutes ago, Dark Soldier said:

This game is a fucking technical mess. running an i7 9700k, 32gb 3000mhz Ram, 2080TI.

One image is lowest available res, second is 4k. Look at the FPS, 1 fps difference.

RUer7QD.png

Z0XzSua.jpg

Could always try it on a 750ti ;)

5 hours ago, McCoy said:

I hate open world games which give you complete freedom only to them take away your previous freedom when the game wants you to give you a specific mission. 

*cough* RDR2 *cough*

2 hours ago, djbhammer said:

What an odd statement in the vid, he mentions support for variable refresh rate...but...i dont know of a single VRR display, that goes below 40, never mind below 30!? (Gync does, but only the hardware version)

If somebody can find one, please, point it out!

52 minutes ago, Thor said:

So glad I don't buy this. It's clearly a stinking pile of shit.

It’s not really. I have had a ton of fun from it on the one x and have barely scratched the surface. A really nice 4k presentation of London with-loads of nice sandbox esq things to do. Yes it’s not perfect, but better than the last one and plays abit like the first which was good.

I think the technical spec moanfest from pc gamers of it not running at 170 FPS or what what else the peek performance of graphic cards can do these days, seems to be where the issues are coming from. Most other people seem to be having fun.

2 hours ago, Len said:

I played some more yesterday and sat on 6h+ it says now and I really just think it is an absolute, terrible mess (technically and otherwise). I don't think I can carry on any further. It's so boring.

Someone mentioned the Scotland Yard mission earlier  and yes, you can plan away but I literally just ran in the front with my crappy starting character, crouched in a room till they came to me and shot them all. Got what I needed and walked out. It was so unfulfilling. 

I think this just may not be for me. :(

I mean, you can do exactly this in the Hitman games. Games like this and Hitman are what you make of them to be honest, if you're playing them by hiding in a room and shooting enemies as they come in then you're clearly not going to get the most out of them.

It's been mentioned before but you should be sticking it on hard and permadeath as well if you want to have any stakes at all. Apparently normal mode is piss easy.

15 minutes ago, Majora said:

I mean, you can do exactly this in the Hitman games. Games like this and Hitman are what you make of them to be honest, if you're playing them by hiding in a room and shooting enemies as they come in then you're clearly not going to get the most out of them.

It's been mentioned before but you should be sticking it on hard and permadeath as well if you want to have any stakes at all. Apparently normal mode is piss easy.

That's fair enough and I'm not really arguing. I'd just got a point last night with it that I was so hacked off and the mission started I just thought I'm running in to get it over  with as quickly as possible as I just don't care. Obviously not the correct way to play the game but there you go.

45 minutes ago, dvdx2 said:

How long did you play it for?

I don't need to, others are playing on PC for me. ;)  However, I'm perhaps venturing into troll territory now - I have no intention of playing this game any time soon, so I'll now leave the thread. If you're enjoying it, then carry on. :)

But I am genuinely glad I resisted the temptation to buy this. 

Just now, lordscotland said:

So...how does this run on a bog standard PS4?

Judging by the video posted above, the game was made with the next generation in mind. Load times are very bad on a PS4 Pro, so make of that what you will.

A patch downloaded for me on the PC version this evening and it's running much better for me now. Still very CPU bound though it seems. It seems to run much smoother for me now though and I haven't had any crashes to desktop since.

I'm nearly ten hours in at the moment. I'm mostly enjoying myself.

And when Bagley says "Quick. Take a selfie with the corpse" I'm totally going to do it. Just not post it since it's a big spoiler for one of the questlines.

The VA is just utterly awful though.

4 hours ago, Len said:

That's fair enough and I'm not really arguing. I'd just got a point last night with it that I was so hacked off and the mission started I just thought I'm running in to get it over  with as quickly as possible as I just don't care. Obviously not the correct way to play the game but there you go.

If nothing else, as you said in your initial thirty second preview of the game, it’s possible for it to look very pretty before it falls off a cliff.

(though I’ve only played post patch, just past the opening mission, and I am running at 1440p to keep the framerate with ray tracing up pending working gsync)

• gospvg changed the title to Watch Dogs Legion - Don’t let your kids play (see page 16)