Jump to content

Watch Dogs Legion - Online Mode 9th March


Recommended Posts

I have to admit I've lost a lot of motivation to go back to this. The missions are so repetitive and the spiderbot is so useful I feel like I'm really just forcing myself to approach missions different ways without the spiderbot just to try to add some variety.

 

Even when I try to take a break to collect the tech points a lot of them are in restricted areas so I still end up doing the whole 'switch from camera to camera to scout the area and tag enemies and hack certain things' that I have to do in the main missions anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Marginally weird bug earlier:

finish a mission holding a rifle.

enter a cutscene.

wander down the street. Now I don’t have a rifle out, but the ghost of me that’s looking back from those reflections is definitely wielding one...

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, footle said:

Marginally weird bug earlier:

finish a mission holding a rifle.

enter a cutscene.

wander down the street. Now I don’t have a rifle out, but the ghost of me that’s looking back from those reflections is definitely wielding one...


Ray(gun) tracing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/11/2020 at 21:07, milko said:

Do they have some kind of duty to publish writers of hate speech? Weird. 

No one has a duty to publish anything. Removing something you've already published, however, is a deliberate act. I've read Helen Lewis for years and never come across anything remotely hateful. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's possible you weren't looking very hard? The examples I found simply from following links in this thread and the accompanying Off Topic thread were pretty damning to me, (although I would concede that she works harder than most to couch the egregiousness in civil framing.)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Helen Lewis is a bit like Graham Linehan*, in that some of her stuff is really interesting and insightful (i.e. her discussions of feminism), and some if it is pretty awful (she did a documentary on the history of wokeness on Radio 4 a while ago that was absolutely abysmal). Given that she's a successful journalist who works for various respectable publications, I can believe that Ubisoft probably didn't feel the need to do too much digging. 

 

*not in the respect that she's destroyed her personal and professional life with an insane focus on one issue, I should say

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, K said:

Helen Lewis is a bit like Graham Linehan*, in that some of her stuff is really interesting and insightful (i.e. her discussions of feminism), and some if it is pretty awful (she did a documentary on the history of wokeness on Radio 4 a while ago that was absolutely abysmal). Given that she's a successful journalist who works for various respectable publications, I can believe that Ubisoft probably didn't feel the need to do too much digging. 

When I, a nobody, did a job interview for a large company there was a thorough background check involved (it was performed by HireRight in my case) I had to participate in, giving details about previous jobs, contact details of previous managers and much more. And I can assure you they browsed through whatever social media they could find. Thats for me, a nobody.

If (!) Ubisoft thought "Nah it'll be fine, no need to do a background check on or read a dozen of publicly available articles written by Helen Lewis who plays a prominent role in our upcoming video game" that's a severe lack in judgment.

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Uncle Mike said:

It's possible you weren't looking very hard? The examples I found simply from following links in this thread and the accompanying Off Topic thread were pretty damning to me, (although I would concede that she works harder than most to couch the egregiousness in civil framing.)

I've looked. Can't see any. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, df0 said:

When I, a nobody, did a job interview for a large company there was a thorough background check involved (it was performed by HireRight in my case) I had to participate in, giving details about previous jobs, contact details of previous managers and much more. And I can assure you they browsed through whatever social media they could find. Thats for me, a nobody.

If (!) Ubisoft thought "Nah it'll be fine, no need to do a background check on or read a dozen of publicly available articles written by Helen Lewis who plays a prominent role in our upcoming video game" that's a severe lack in judgment.

This is the thing. They probably did look and they found nothing hateful. There's simply a political movement at the moment that would sooner close down discussions on things they don't agree with and Ubisoft has done what every other company currently does in that climate. Fans of the theatre should watch Arthur Miller's The Crucible. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Noopacity said:

All you've done there is paste a quote from an article. Explain to me what makes it hate speech.

 

It's literally a perfect example of being the thing she is accused of. Trans Exclusionary Radical Feminist. The exclusion of trans women from women's spaces because of willies and beards. It's really not that hard dude.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Opinionated Ham Scarecrow said:

 

It's literally a perfect example of being the thing she is accused of. Trans Exclusionary Radical Feminist. The exclusion of trans women from women's spaces because of willies and beards. It's really not that hard dude.

 

Nope. I just see some buzzwords and stock phrases. Nothing approaching an explanation. Of course, you don't owe me one, that's fine, but when people bring accusations of hate speech to undermine someone's career and reputation, there should at the very least be some compelling evidence. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Opinionated Ham Scarecrow said:

Clearly the evidence was compelling because she is now no longer part of the game.

 

You see what you want to see because it doesn't apply to you and you have never empathised with anyone that it could apply to.

 

Do you think you would feel they were just buzzwords and stock phrases if you were trans?

 

 

Well, it appears you know everything about me much as you know everything in the heart of Helen Lewis. I always find it incredible that it's her opponents that are so ready to claim to be masters of empathy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Noopacity said:

Well, it appears you know everything about me much as you know everything in the heart of Helen Lewis. I always find it incredible that it's her opponents that are so ready to claim to be masters of empathy.

 

Oookay.

 

Never claimed to know everything about you or Helen Lewis, nor am I her opponent. I do think she made some very unfortunate comments and suffered because of them but that's life. All I will say further is if everyone else sees something you don't, maybe just look harder instead of assuming that they are wrong.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Opinionated Ham Scarecrow said:

 

Oookay.

 

Never claimed to know everything about you or Helen Lewis, nor am I her opponent. I do think she made some very unfortunate comments and suffered because of them but that's life. All I will say further is if everyone else sees something you don't, maybe just look harder instead of assuming that they are wrong.

I don't assume they are wrong. I disagree. In disagreeing, I don't seek to accuse people of lacking empathy or attempt to restrict their speech. But I fear this is all veering a bit off topic for this thread.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Noopacity said:

No one has a duty to publish anything. Removing something you've already published, however, is a deliberate act. I've read Helen Lewis for years and never come across anything remotely hateful. 

 

You know how when people are playing games on TV they make obvious mistakes that you recognise, such as playing an N64 game with a Playstation Pad or whatever?

You probably don't notice when they do all sorts of other things wrong, people in sitcoms probably misrepresent everything else to the same extent that they do gaming.

Well, journalism is pretty much the same.

 

If you aren't seeing why they are getting it wrong, maybe that's a sign that you don't have the knowledge to understand why it's wrong.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I always found Watch Dogs to be massively overrated, remember that bullshot video of the first game and subsequent downgrade to something that barely looked current gen at the time? The demo for 2 was quite a lot of fun though, and I always wanted to try the full thing but never did. As someone else mentioned, the themes of the game in 2020 with our Brexit/Tory/COVID problem really makes me think twice about getting this to ‘relax’, it’s all too close to home. Yet I am still considering trying it on PS5. I don’t know why.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • gospvg changed the title to Watch Dogs Legion - Online Mode 9th March

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.