Ridge Racer

Daytona USA

Sega Rally

Scud Race

OutRun 2

GTI Club

18 Wheeler

Manx TT

and loads of other lesser ones like Cruisin etc that didn't get played. What a wondrous time to have experienced and I'm sad my lads won't have that experience. 

It's all bloody ticket and claw machines these days. 

Does the Arcade Club in Bury have a good selection? It's a long old drive for me though. 

2 hours ago, Fletch said:

I remember the days when you could walk into an arcade and see

Ridge Racer

Daytona USA

Sega Rally

Scud Race

OutRun 2

GTI Club

18 Wheeler

Manx TT

and loads of other lesser ones like Cruisin etc that didn't get played. What a wondrous time to have experienced and I'm sad my lads won't have that experience. 

It's all bloody ticket and claw machines these days. 

Does the Arcade Club in Bury have a good selection? It's a long old drive for me though. 

https://www.arcadeclub.co.uk/games/

That's the list of games. It wouldn't be an exaggeration for me to say if you drove up on the day and went, then stayed at a premier inn or something, then went back for when they opened and went home after it would be worth all the money and time. Bury Arcade Club is practically Neverland (the Peter Pan one, not the Michael Jackson Paedo Park) to middle age nerds.

6 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

https://www.arcadeclub.co.uk/games/

That's the list of games. It wouldn't be an exaggeration for me to say if you drove up on the day and went, then stayed at a premier inn or something, then went back for when they opened and went home after it would be worth all the money and time. Bury Arcade Club is practically Neverland (the Peter Pan one, not the Michael Jackson Paedo Park) to middle age nerds.

Thanks man, that does sound bloody awesome and I'm going to do exactly what you said. 

Maybe we need to organise a big RLLMUK meet, like the old Bath ones but in that up north. 

I'm taking my boy to all the Arcade Clubs when we next visit. That's the main aim of the trip. That, and picking up a 20" PVM. We'll just pay for a monthly pass and hammer it. I can't wait.

We have GameState in the Netherlands and Germany (https://www.gamestate.com/) which has nothing more than RAW THRILLS games, huge fuck-off conversions of mobile games that dispense tickets, and air hockey. They're fucking terrible, but he's only four and doesn't know any better so we have to go in each time and begrudgingly drop a tenner. :doh: These places are absolutely fucking rammed full every single time. I'm going to have to start using COVID as an excuse not to go in.

It's my dream to retire with a small arcade. It wouldn't even have to be profitable. I mainly want to preserve greatness while introducing it to others.

Have you been to the Video Game Museum in Zoetermeer @Fallows? The name is kinda misleading, they have a small museum bit but mostly it's just rows and rows of amazing arcade machines that are set to free play (you only pay a small entrance fee). It's just the best place. I took my nephews there a few times and they (and I) loved it.

They have a lot of racers, Sega Rally, Daytona USA and 4(!) Outrun 2 cabs. And lots of lesser known ones.

But also fighters, shmups (they had EspGaluda 2 last time I was there!), lightgun games, lots of classic stuff from the 80's and just anything that has interesting an cabinet. Last time we played this Star Wars space shooter that has you sitting in a huge sphere with a round screen. My nephew landed the shot in the trench and blew up the deathstar!. I've never seen him so proud :). Or horse racing. Or wacky japanese rhythm games.

The place is clearly run by people who love games, in fact it's better than any arcade hall I went to in my youth. And it's the opposite of shit like Gamestate which only exists to hover up people's cash.

Some pictures (not mine):

nationaal-videogame-museum-zoetermeer-4.jpg

nationaal-videogame-museum-zoetermeer-9.jpg

nationaal-videogame-museum-zoetermeer-8.jpg

nationaal-videogame-museum-zoetermeer-6.jpg

download (1).jpg

download.jpg