rllmuk
Goose

Disney Plus - Disney, Marvel, Star Wars & Pixar - You name it, we go it!

Pre-ordered today too. I was waiting to see if Sky would do a decent deal bundled with 'Kids' or something but it seems not. Their small print on the page for registering interest just says £5.99 onto your bill so about £20 more for the year over the deal. 

Anyone know if the app is coming to the older Apple TV boxes? I have a pretty old one we use in one room.

Due to the same request Netflix and Youtube are following, bandwidth will be reduced by 25% when it launches on the 24th in Europe. And the French launch delayed to 7 April at their governments request.

Well, after planning a chronological Marvel watch (minus the Hulk debacles) in isolation and realising how much it would cost to buy them all, we’ve signed up for the year. Captain America kicks us off on the 24th.

Still bought all the Avengers movies on 4k though as I had an ever fading CEX voucher taking up wallet space.

11 minutes ago, womblingfree said:

Well, after planning a chronological Marvel watch (minus the Hulk debacles) in isolation and realising how much it would cost to buy them all, we’ve signed up for the year. Captain America kicks us off on the 24th.

Still bought all the Avengers movies on 4k though as I had an ever fading CEX voucher taking up wallet space.

Does the chronological order only really shift Captain America and Captain Marvel?

12 hours ago, Gordzilla said:

Does the chronological order only really shift Captain America and Captain Marvel?

This is the order I’ve got;

ABC5E282-C835-493F-9CD5-B029B7EF391F.jpeg

I'd argue that Ant-Man and the Wasp happens largely before Infinity War - we see in the post-credits scene something that can tie it, and therefore the rest of the film, to a specific time-frame just before the end of Infinity War.

4 hours ago, mansizerooster said:

I'd argue that Ant-Man and the Wasp happens largely before Infinity War - we see in the post-credits scene something that can tie it, and therefore the rest of the film, to a specific time-frame just before the end of Infinity War.

Yeah, but then it will be a spoiler for IW. 

• Upvote 2

Only the post credit sequence though. Don't watch that and its fine.   Id watch it as a post credit to infinity war instead. 

Sorry to invade this thread late, but I have a simple yes/no question:

My Toshiba Smart TV does not (and presumably never will) support the Disney+ app. All I need to do is invest £30 or so in a Chromecast and I'm all sorted, right?

(we are well supplied with wifi, laptops & android phones)

Just keen that the whole family doesn't just end up watching their own Disney streams on their own devices rather than together on the "big" screen :hug:

The app isn't available yet. It's possible it will be available to you on launch day. Maybe wait for then to be sure.

3 minutes ago, JohnC said:

The app isn't available yet. It's possible it will be available to you on launch day. Maybe wait for then to be sure.

Will do, but I'm not optimistic given the official list of compatible TVs.

12 minutes ago, Padster said:

Sorry to invade this thread late, but I have a simple yes/no question:

My Toshiba Smart TV does not (and presumably never will) support the Disney+ app. All I need to do is invest £30 or so in a Chromecast and I'm all sorted, right?

(we are well supplied with wifi, laptops & android phones)

Just keen that the whole family doesn't just end up watching their own Disney streams on their own devices rather than together on the "big" screen :hug:

It's very likely it'll be available on set top boxes from Sky and Virgin and it'll likely be available on blu-ray/4K players too and games consoles. Disney aren't going to put any restrictions in the way of them launching a streaming service - they'll 100% make sure it's available on every possible platform.

It doesn't launch until the 24th March so you might want to wait before buying anything.  

Thanks for responses - I think I need to rephrase my question slightly. Chromecast looks like it might be quite a useful thing for me anyway, so I'm not nervous about getting one, I just want reassurance that it will handle Disney+ if my TV won't. I don't have SkyQ or anything fancy like BluRay or 4K, I just like watching Chris Hemsworth Disney stuff.

53 minutes ago, Padster said:

Thanks for responses - I think I need to rephrase my question slightly. Chromecast looks like it might be quite a useful thing for me anyway, so I'm not nervous about getting one, I just want reassurance that it will handle Disney+ if my TV won't. I don't have SkyQ or anything fancy like BluRay or 4K, I just like watching Chris Hemsworth Disney stuff.

Chromecast will be absolutely fine for Disney+, it’s how I will access it if the app doesn’t appear on my Virgin Box.

Got the year sub on the strength of The Mandalorian and having all that star wars to watch (hopefully in 4k)

1 hour ago, merrychan said:

Got the year sub on the strength of The Mandalorian and having all that star wars to watch (hopefully in 4k)

Eventually. Think Disney have agreed, along with Netflix, to reduce bandwidth consumption in Europe for the time being. So doubt anything will be 4k, be lucky to get full HD. 

7 hours ago, drmick said:

Yeah, but then it will be a spoiler for IW. 

Only if you tell people it's a spoiler for IW. Otherwise, there's nothing to link them.

8 hours ago, merrychan said:

McClunky!

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Mike said:

Pestering @disperse and recoagulate to get this has failed.  Crumbs.

No Spiderman Homecoming (the only Marvel film that doesn’t bore me to sleep) or Minions-related films (current flavour of the month in my house) makes it almost completely worthless to me. Soz.

AB or the Reid’s will sort you out, I reckon.

Going to just go for the £5.99 per month as can't afford the lump sum upfront. Still seems amazing value though. 

1 hour ago, Alex W. said:

Still no app on the WebOS 3.5 store in the UK.

Apps will release tomorrow.

I finished work last night at two am well exiicted to watch hook on mmy return home. Got my dates wrong didn't I