rllmuk
Goose

Disney Plus - Disney, Marvel, Star Wars & Pixar - You name it, we go it!

Oh shit is The Black Hole on here?

I didn't realise how great it would be to just have all of a particular studio's content and know that I could find it without fucking around.

• Upvote 1

All setup on my SkyQ, phone and iPad this morning. Had a quick browse and the scale of content for me/my son is huge!

I've been suffering from severe choice-itis already with just SkyQ, Netflix and Prime. No idea how I'm ever going to watch all the things on my list (or get any time for games)!

Really liking this so far, thought it was just going to be all Star Wars films and series for me but already added The Rocketeer and Tron Legacy to my (re)watchlist.

I watched the first two episodes of Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends before I went to bed last night. :wub:

Will properly set it up and have a good looksie today, but from what I saw last night it is going to be worth the £50.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Smoothy said:

It should be - I didn't even update, it wasn't there when I checked around 7-ish but it was an hour later (in the Apps section).

Nope.  Nothing in Apps and  nothing under the section I access Netflix through. Im sure it will come through at some point. 

This has made my wife and two year old girl's day. They are loving it. The value is crazy. I remember having to dig out each Disney VHS tape! 

Very disappointed there is no Atmos due to needless bandwidth restriction. Also the 4K isn't as sharp as it should be.

Ah well, will just get stuck into The Clone Wars for now.

Just now, Pug said:

Very disappointed there is no Atmos due to needless bandwidth restriction. Also the 4K isn't as sharp as it should be.

Ah well, will just get stuck into The Clone Wars for now.

My TV switched to Dolby Atmos, on a Virgin 350mb/s line, not sure what side is doing any throttling

1 hour ago, Alex W. said:

Oh shit is The Black Hole on here?

I didn't realise how great it would be to just have all of a particular studio's content and know that I could find it without fucking around.

Yes.

• Upvote 1

It's their end.

The descriptions still say Atmos but I'm not getting it flagging up on my AVR via the TV app or on Apple TV 4K.

From Disney + website:
"Why am I getting low-quality audio or stereo instead of surround sound or Dolby Atmos?

NOTE: In light of the concerns expressed by government officials regarding the use of broadband services in this challenging time, we have instituted measures to lower bandwidth utilization, and in some circumstances streaming content in HD and UHD formats, including Dolby Atmos audio, will be limited or unavailable. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Once we resume normal operations, this article will be updated with additional trouble shooting tips can also help you navigate your UHD 4K and Dolby Atmos experience on Disney+."

What device are you watching on?

5 minutes ago, merrychan said:

My TV switched to Dolby Atmos, on a Virgin 350mb/s line, not sure what side is doing any throttling

Mine too.

Ugh, doesn't work on iOS 10 which my old, perfectly fine for good looking video iPad is stuck on. 

My bro has subbed to this, nice for him to pay for a change. :lol:

Just tested Dr Strange, its a little soft for 4k, but Dolby Vision looks good. Might get round to watching the rest of teg Pirates movies. I stopped after the third. 

Can you log into D+ on multiple devices? Thinking about getting a month’s sub to simul-watch The Baby Yoda Show with family members who are struggling to keep themselves occupied during the lockdown.

4 minutes ago, Protocol Penguin said:

Can you log into D+ on multiple devices? Thinking about getting a month’s sub to simul-watch The Baby Yoda Show with family members who are struggling to keep themselves occupied during the lockdown.

4 concurrent streams and downloads onto max 10 devices.

• Upvote 1

The UI on the xbox app isn't great, like there doesn't seem to be an option to easily find the episode list or skip back to the start without rewinding if you stopped in the credits. 

4 1/2 year old has been great this morning with school work and the like so we've taken a break to watch a film.

He has chosen Moana and it looks lovely. Watching on Xbox One X through a Sony HT-ZF9 I'm getting 4K, HDR and Atmos sound.

Had a quick flick through the menus and there's some great stuff on there like Talespin, Duck Tales, Chip 'n' Dale.

Looking forward to watching The Mandolorian too.

Watched a bit of Star Wars on the Samsung was pretty damned good for a stream. Then tried the same thing via Sky Q and the quality is shocking. I know it's not 4K and no HDR but it's worse than the Sky movies HD version.

Anyone with Sky Q read this - basically if you are looking to add Disney+ to your existing sub, you'll have to wait till April.

2 hours ago, Fletch said:

The UI on the xbox app isn't great, like there doesn't seem to be an option to easily find the episode list or skip back to the start without rewinding if you stopped in the credits. 

I think that might be how all the apps are - I remember it took them a long time to even add a "resume playback" option.