Jump to content
rllmuk
Goose

Disney Plus - Disney, Marvel, Star Wars & Pixar - You name it, we go it!

Recommended Posts

Lots of content for the kids to enjoy and I’ve added a fair few classics to enjoy with them starting with Cool Runnings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s not an issue as I’ve got in running on Apple TV, but am I the only one with no sound on Sky Q?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I put Duck Tails on for the kids, they didn’t get through one episode before the complaining was too much to bare. :(

  • Empathy 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are Rebels and Clone Wars really that good? Because at the moment I’m struggling to watch something that looks like a Saturday morning kids show with the graphics from a PS2 cut scene

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Bucky said:

I was struck going through the movies what utter bilge the Disney Studio has crapped out over the years.  Without the sprinkling of acquired IP (Marvel, Star Wars, Pixar) most of the content looks like a fire sale at an independently owned video shop from the 80s.


The Pixar deal was the only thing keeping them afloat in the early 00s which is why they bought the studio.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, womblingfree said:

Are Rebels and Clone Wars really that good? Because at the moment I’m struggling to watch something that looks like a Saturday morning kids show with the graphics from a PS2 cut scene

This is a super unfair criticism of the show.

 

Admittedly, I'd say avoid the droid heavy episodes, but other than that it's super solid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Bucky said:

This is a super unfair criticism of the show.

 

Admittedly, I'd say avoid the droid heavy episodes, but other than that it's super solid.

The animation is really ropey though, it’s the reason why I have avoided watching it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really didn’t like the pilot for clone wars, is that indicative of the rest of the show or just a bad episode? 
 

It doesn’t look great but I didn’t mind that so much, it was just the god awful droid humour (which I’m obviously too old for so I shouldn’t really complain about it too much). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watched a couple of documentaries on National Geographic with my 7 year old today, he loved the one about draining the oceans even though it recommended it being a 9+ I guess due to the world war 2 content and then we watched the one about the mission to the sun, both really cool and had him transfixed. 

 

I really enjoyed the first 2 episodes of The Mandolorian it was Star Wars-y enough without it being too much. Looking forward to finding out where it goes, as I think I'm the only forumite who doesn't know how to sail the high seas to watch it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Clone Wars is really patchy. I remember seeing episodes that were good, but I think I've dropped in where I last left it when baby Boba turns up halfway through season 2, and it's bloody awful. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Stejay said:

It’s not an issue as I’ve got in running on Apple TV, but am I the only one with no sound on Sky Q?

 

Can you let me know what your audio setup is?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Radish said:

I really didn’t like the pilot for clone wars, is that indicative of the rest of the show or just a bad episode? 
 

It doesn’t look great but I didn’t mind that so much, it was just the god awful droid humour (which I’m obviously too old for so I shouldn’t really complain about it too much). 

The pilot is legendary for being shit, and not representing the show as a whole.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, AK Bell said:

Clone Wars is really patchy. I remember seeing episodes that were good, but I think I've dropped in where I last left it when baby Boba turns up halfway through season 2, and it's bloody awful. 

 

There are lots of short story arcs in some of the seasons and they are hit and miss TBF.  BUT - when it's good, it's very, very good.  They're only 25 minutes each so I didn't particularly mind sitting through one of the poorer episodes because the good ones more than make up for them.

 

I thought there were a lot more memorable episodes than in Rebels. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are there really only the first two episodes of season 7 of Clone Wars on the UK version so far? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Treble said:

Are there really only the first two episodes of season 7 of Clone Wars on the UK version so far? 

 

Yep although they are both excellent to be fair.  Another one due Friday and then weekly after that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 episodes of Jeff Goldblum teaching kids (and adults) about stuff is worth a years subscription of this on its own at the moment.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Ork1927 said:

12 episodes of Jeff Goldblum teaching kids (and adults) about stuff is worth a years subscription of this on its own at the moment.

 

We all really need to watch that soon, before he's metoo-ed to fuck and we'll feel bad enjoying it.

It's only a matter of time. Look at the guy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, gooner4life said:

 

Can you let me know what your audio setup is?

 

Sky box via HDMI into a Panasonic VSX-930 connected to my Samsung TV.  I've had no other Sky Q issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a season of Clone Wars to start from where the quality is consistent for most of the season?  You know, like you can do with TNG, DS9, Buffy etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is crazy. I thought we’d be excited to see all the marvel stuff etc, but it’s the variety. My girlfriend fully freaked out about Lady and the Tramp 2 being there, and my son revealed an unexpected interest in old Goofy shorts and I can watch Turner and Hooch. It’s a fucking goldmine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if mentioned, Free Solo is on there. It’s about Alex Honnold, who wants to climb El Capitan, a 2300 foot VERTICAL SLAB OF GRANITE. Without ropes. Genuinely one of the most incredible things I have ever watched.  

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, sammy said:

Not sure if mentioned, Free Solo is on there. It’s about Alex Honnold, who wants to climb El Capitan, a 2300 foot VERTICAL SLAB OF GRANITE. Without ropes. Genuinely one of the most incredible things I have ever watched.  

I concur. It's very good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, drmick said:

Is there a season of Clone Wars to start from where the quality is consistent for most of the season?  You know, like you can do with TNG, DS9, Buffy etc.

 

It doesn't work like that; there are some arcs that are better than others.

 

Best advice is to check this out and watch these arcs, then mop-up other stuff if you're not sated.

 

https://nerdist.com/article/star-wars-clone-wars-15-essential-episodes-arcs/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Stejay said:

 

Sky box via HDMI into a Panasonic VSX-930 connected to my Samsung TV.  I've had no other Sky Q issues.

 

What's your audio output set to? in the Sky Q settings > setup > audio visual > digital output HDMI?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just signed up, paying monthly.  I'll review and see what Sky are doing middle of next week before my trial ends, and cancel if they have a deal that includes my current sub (probably not but still...).  If not, I'll keep it going for a month and review again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Signed up last night and watched my guilty pleasure “The Black Hole”

 

followed by Tron


 

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Noche audio question, does any UK version of Disney+ have Dolby Atmos? Certainly not the Xbox One X app. It's a joke that my "preview" copies of the Mandalorian are better than the final product. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.