Disney Plus - Disney, Marvel, Star Wars & Pixar - You name it, we got it!

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Treble said:

AKA the "Please don't cancel as soon as you've watched Mandalorian" price point.

I don't think there's any price point that can prevent that. There's simply fuck all on the service. Unless you're a diehard Disney nutcase who wants to watch a small selection of the Disney oldies we've all seen before or the Marvel shit you've seen before, there's currently no incentive at all to keep your sub. They need more original content, but that takes time while Netflix has of course been building their exclusive library for ages now. 

Subscribe? 

Disney, I'm not a Reddit Fanboy. Do you seriously think I'd explain my masterstroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome?

I watched The Mandalorian a month ago.

On 21/01/2020 at 11:00, Mr. Gerbik said:

I don't think there's any price point that can prevent that. There's simply fuck all on the service. Unless you're a diehard Disney nutcase who wants to watch a small selection of the Disney oldies we've all seen before or the Marvel shit you've seen before, there's currently no incentive at all to keep your sub. They need more original content, but that takes time while Netflix has of course been building their exclusive library for ages now. 

I thought they owned Fox?  Are they not putting all that content on there? Simpsons, X-Files, etc. I thought it was going to be a complete back catalogue of what Disney currently owns?

7 hours ago, DonRumsfeld said:

I thought they owned Fox?  Are they not putting all that content on there? Simpsons, X-Files, etc. I thought it was going to be a complete back catalogue of what Disney currently owns?

You'd think so if they're serious about competing but no, it's all PG-13 stuff. The only Fox content AFAIK is The Simpsons in the wrong aspect ratio and the same old Star Wars stuff. But hey if you want to watch Steamboat Willie every day for the rest of your life, you're set!

3 hours ago, Broker said:

Is there nothing else except Mandalorian? That was ok, but I’d be pissed off if I subscribed and that’s all I got.

There's Steamboat Willie. Maybe you haven't seen The Avengers yet and want to watch that? No? Star Wars?

Spoiler

THERE'S FUCK ALL

1 minute ago, milko said:

I read they were gonna fix that, at least. 

That's good at least. It's telling that it wasn't correct from the start, especially since in their previous streaming location all relevant episodes were available in both formats. The work had already been done.

4 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

You'd think so if they're serious about competing but no, it's all PG-13 stuff. The only Fox content AFAIK is The Simpsons in the wrong aspect ratio and the same old Star Wars stuff. But hey if you want to watch Steamboat Willie every day for the rest of your life, you're set!

The amount of content they have it beggars believe.  I thought they were going to clean up but if this is their approach what's the point?  Come up with a different name for the PG-13 above stuff and have the Disney name associated with PG-13 and below.

I'd similar thoughts about Britbox, that should've launch years ago with a complete back catalogue of everything the BBC and ITV have rights too.  They'd have made a fortune globally.

I've Mando already watched so I guess that's one subscription they won't be getting.  I was really looking forward to what I thought Disney+ was going be too. :(

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah I got that email too. It feels like an OK price point for the year and they probably have enough stuff to justify the subscription. I just hope it isn't region specific where the US get a load more stuff than everyone else.

59 minutes ago, gospvg said:

Got an email offer of £49.99 for the year. Don’t see any apps released on the AppStore & any news of Samsung TV apps?

This is a list of what you can use in the US so will likely be pretty similar here. It's quite a long post so put it in a spoiler for those who don't want to see it.

Spoiler

Web Browsers (via streaming)

Windows

Chrome 75+ is supported on Windows 7 and later

Edge is supported on Windows 10 and later

Firefox 68+ is supported on Windows 7 and later

Internet Explorer 11 is supported on Windows 8.1 and later

macOS

Safari 11+ is supported on macOS 10.12 (Sierra) and later

Chrome 75+ is supported on macOS 10.10 and later

Firefox 68+ is supported on macOS 10.9 and later

Chrome OS

Chrome OS is supported on Chrome OS 79 and later

Other Operating Systems

Mobile browser playback isn’t supported (Please install the Android or iOS app.)

Browsers on Smart TVs, game consoles, and other devices are not supported

Linux isn’t currently supported

Any operating systems not listed aren’t supported

Mobile Devices and Tablets (via free downloaded app)

Android phones and tablets

Apple iPhones and iPads

Amazon Fire Tablet

Smart TVs (pre-installed or via free downloaded app)

Android TV Devices
Disney+ supports Android TV on a wide range of TVs and set-top boxes. Users can install the Disney+ Android app from the Google Play Store.

For the best experience, we recommend a high-speed Internet connection and Android OS version 5.0 (Lollipop) or later.

The Disney+ Android App is supported on Android TV-enabled Smart TVs, including Sharp AQUOS, and Sony Bravia.

The Disney+ Android App is also supported on set-top boxes which use Android TV, including NVIDIA SHIELD TV and Mi Box.

LG WebOS Smart TVs
Disney+ supports LG TVs from 2016 or later with WebOS 3.0 and up.

Unfortunately, LG TVs using the NetCast OS aren’t supported and the web browser isn’t supported on any LG TV.

Samsung Tizen Smart TVs
Disney+ supports Samsung TVs from 2016 or later (with HD video support) that use the Tizen operating system. Unfortunately, Disney+ doesn’t support Samsung TVs using the Orsay OS or the built-in Web browser.

Connected TVs, Game Consoles, and Streaming Devices (via free downloaded app)

Amazon FireTV

Apple AirPlay

Apple TV (4th Generation and later)

Chromebook

Chromecast

Sony PlayStation 4

Xbox One

Roku
The latest model of the following devices are supported:

Roku LT (2700X)
Roku 1
Roku 2
Roku 3
Roku 4
Roku Express
Roku Express+
4K Roku Premiere
4K Roku Premiere+
4K Roku Ultra
4K Roku Ultra LT
Roku Streaming Stick
4K Roku Streaming Stick+
Roku TV
4K Roku Smart Speaker

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussion/comment/95856280#Comment_95856280

Any word on the Sky/Disney+ deal?  I believe that an app on the Sky Q box is pretty much a given but what about access being included within one of the existing contract packages (Sky Ultimate on Demand), like Netflix?

@gooner4life - do you know anything? 

38 minutes ago, Smoothy said:

Any word on the Sky/Disney+ deal?  I believe that an app on the Sky Q box is pretty much a given but what about access being included within one of the existing contract packages (Sky Ultimate on Demand), like Netflix?

@gooner4life - do you know anything? 

I can't say much, but i'd be shocked if you didn't have access to it via an App on your SkyQ box ;-) not sure whether it will be for launch or not.

It seems like the UK is not going to get the Simpsons.  It seems silly but that might be the tipping point for me.  Having the Simpsons on demand would be a large reason to get the service. 

4 minutes ago, McCoy said:

It seems like the UK is not going to get the Simpsons.  It seems silly but that might be the tipping point for me.  Having the Simpsons on demand would be a large reason to get the service. 

It's not even on Now TV to stream. Or Channel 4's service. That's just annoying.

I'll be signing up, not least that I get Mandalorian, Clone Wars and a chance to watch a chunk of Marvel files that passed me by, but my 4 year old will also get plenty of value out of it too.

Just waiting to see what the deal is with SkyQ as I have the On Demand/Netflix package and it has made a noticeable difference having everything through the one interface/experience (especially for the family and in-laws who don't feel comfortable swapping devices or turning on consoles when babysitting).

I just don't want to shell out the £50 pre-order and then find out you can only get it via the Sky billing (like you do with Netflix) and can't convert it.