Disney Plus - Now with even more movies & TV shows

5 minutes ago, Pug said:

Just noticed the MCU films are now DV & DA. Won't be buying anytime soon as I'm Disney+'d up for the foreseeable, but good to know.

Anyone else not read the "&" there?

2 minutes ago, Protocol Penguin said:

Is this Star thing an extra subscription required on top of Disney+, or bundled with Disney+ for no extra cost?

Neither. All one subscription.  Price rise imminent. 

3 minutes ago, Protocol Penguin said:

Is this Star thing an extra subscription required on top of Disney+, or bundled with Disney+ for no extra cost?

It's part of it but the price is increasing £2.

I was kind of disappointed at the announced selection given that D+ itself is totally exhaustive - I’d hoped to be able to watch the Alien saga and Legion. Word of so many additions in the future is encouraging though, hopefully things added to it stay added.

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone watching Disney+ through an Apple TV check to see if they’re getting Dolby Atmos?

I went to watch Wandavision and there’s no Dolby Atmos again (like when it first launched last year). I checked on a couple of. Star Wars movies and it’s not on those either. I noticed that it was a new version of the Disney+ app (ie it had the blue dot next to it on the launch screen).

I launched a movie on Netflix and Atmos was present and correct, so it’s not my system. 

It seems unlikely that Disney disabled Atmos due to bandwidth considerations - which was the reason given last year. 

21 hours ago, superfunk said:

Can anyone watching Disney+ through an Apple TV check to see if they’re getting Dolby Atmos?

I went to watch Wandavision and there’s no Dolby Atmos again (like when it first launched last year). I checked on a couple of. Star Wars movies and it’s not on those either. I noticed that it was a new version of the Disney+ app (ie it had the blue dot next to it on the launch screen).

I launched a movie on Netflix and Atmos was present and correct, so it’s not my system. 

It seems unlikely that Disney disabled Atmos due to bandwidth considerations - which was the reason given last year. 

Don’t see it on mine either.

• Goose changed the title to Disney Plus - Now with even more movies & TV shows

Atmos is back for me on Apple TV Disney Plus. 

I read Disney had an outage last Friday as demand for Wandavision was huge. Maybe they turned off high bandwidth audio to compensate and now they’ve added some capacity. 

That's a relief - Agents of SHIELD disappeared from the service completely yesterday but it appears to have been a bug connected to the new Star content being added, because it's back again this morning.

2 minutes ago, The Hierophant said:

Is the Star stuff on Disney+ already?

Yep, just logged in and had a password prompt to set my profile to 18+ content. First thing I checked was whether Commando was there - and it is