Disney Plus - Now with even more movies & TV shows

7 hours ago, Harsin said:

I like that Disney+ still generally uses the actual posters instead of the increasingly bizarre random screen grabs Netflix chooses to represent shows.

They’re not random - they’re tailored to you.

7 hours ago, Fierce Poodle said:

Has it got all series of Modern Family? Netflix only goes up to series 7 I think.

Why on earth would anyone want to watch much beyond the first 3 or 4 seasons?!

Once the kids grew up it started to become quite unwatchable as a couple of them turned out to be pretty poor actors. The first few seasons were fantastic though with some properly great characters.

17 minutes ago, Mike S said:

Why on earth would anyone want to watch much beyond the first 3 or 4 seasons?!

Once the kids grew up it started to become quite unwatchable as a couple of them turned out to be pretty poor actors. The first few seasons were fantastic though with some properly great characters.

I dunno man, there are still some good episodes in the later seasons, some of the writing is fantastic.

14 hours ago, Thor said:

Good to see Scrubs on there, I watched the pilot earlier and - touch of a transphobia aside - it still raised a smile. 

Is the version where they had to replace all the licensed music?

14 hours ago, JohnC said:

Is The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen really a Cult Classic? It seems like an odd one out in that category.

Kind of the opposite of a cult classic, an expensive, widely-seen disaster nobody liked.

I noticed that Disney Plus/Star has the Futurama straight-to-DVD movies ("season 6") in their TV broadcast format (split into four parts), whereas on Amazon Prime they're in their original feature-length form.

I watched The Puppet Masters as i've never seen it before and i've been basically going through episodes of Family Guy.

I think I'll go through 24 some point, but not overall impressed by what has shown up so far. 

16 hours ago, JohnC said:

Is The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen really a Cult Classic? It seems like an odd one out in that category.

Yeah, meant to be complete shit. Also Connery decided to jack it in off the back of it. 

I've never seen it and don't want to as the original comic book is amazing. 

25 minutes ago, Kevvy Metal said:

Yeah, meant to be complete shit. Also Connery decided to jack it in off the back of it. 

I've never seen it and don't want to as the original comic book is amazing. 

He got FOMO after turning down Lord of the Rings because he didn’t understand it; when this came along, he didn’t understand it either but thought he should do it. 

40 minutes ago, Majora said:

If the metrics didn't show it worked then they wouldn't do it. They've been doing this for many years now.

I don't watch films or shows because of who's in them so it baffles me.

Any indication if we eventually get the entire 30 for 30 archive as I watched a few old ones illegally in the past and having watched Flair and half way through Lance - I'm probably not going to want to watch anything else until I've binged them all.

I watched Castle when it originally aired and have just started watching it again now it's available on Disney+. I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed it, I lost interest around Season 5 originally because like all procedurals who try to have a big overriding story and keep upping the stakes each season it just got too stupid. Time to see if I get any further this time. 

1 minute ago, ryodi said:

I watched Castle when it originally aired and have just started watching it again now it's available on Disney+. I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed it, I lost interest around Season 5 originally because like all procedurals who try to have a big overriding story and keep upping the stakes each season it just got too stupid. Time to see if I get any further this time. 

You should also watch The Rookie if you can find it. This time Nathan Fillion joins the LAPD. 

On 23/02/2021 at 21:01, Thor said:

Good to see Scrubs on there, I watched the pilot earlier and - touch of a transphobia aside - it still raised a smile. 

I’ve spent the last 6 months running through Scrubs from beginning to end on E4/4Music. Still largely excellent.

1 hour ago, Vespa Alex said:

You should also watch The Rookie if you can find it. This time Nathan Fillion joins the LAPD. 

I’ll check it out if it appears on a streaming service at some point, I assume it has a similar tone to Castle? I was always more of a Beckett fan on Castle and I tried watching Stana Katie’s new show Absentia on Prime but I can’t watch shows that dark anymore. 

I’ve added HIMYM, Lost, Burn Notice and Office Space to my watch list. I’ve added Cougar Town as well which was the show the Scrubs creator did next and once it moves away from its initial premise midway through the first season it’s well worth watching.

The Rookie is on Sky. Looked at a few other countries and it's on domestic streamers tied to local broadcast networks (rather than the big global streamers) in the ones I checked too. I wonder if it's a case of pre-existing deals keeping it on those for now. Whatever TV channel has the rights also have the streaming rights.