Jump to content

Disney Plus - Now with even more movies & TV shows


Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, papalazarou said:

Only up today in the new Star Wars vintage tab (along with the original 2d clone wars series and ewok cartoon series ) best of all both ewok movies are in hd!


I’ve always wanted to watch the ewok movies. I remember staring at the vhs artwork for ages in the local video shop

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/04/2021 at 19:34, probotector said:


I’ve always wanted to watch the ewok movies. I remember staring at the vhs artwork for ages in the local video shop

 

Caravan of Courage is just as disappointing as it was the last time I watched it twenty-five or so years ago. The Ewoks looks even more nightmarish now, too. Best thing about it is that there's an Ewok called Widdle.

 

I might watch the sequel, though, see if that's any better.

Link to post
Share on other sites

In 2017, some bloke did a 1080p upscale of the 2003 Clone Wars mini-series DVDs. 

 

That they still look better than what Disney have dropped on Disney Plus, is a testament to how good a job he did. 

 

I was ready to finally be able to delete them, I mean surely the official HD stream would shit on a bootleg fucking DVD upscale?

 

Nope. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

What's wrong with it exactly? The editing at the episode transitions is a crime but the image quality itself seems as good as anything cel-animated I've seen.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/04/2021 at 22:46, James Lyon said:

 

Caravan of Courage is just as disappointing as it was the last time I watched it twenty-five or so years ago. The Ewoks looks even more nightmarish now, too. Best thing about it is that there's an Ewok called Widdle.

 

I might watch the sequel, though, see if that's any better.

 

The sequel is watchable, if not good. Wilford Brimley helps a lot. It's not Star Wars though, it's pretty much a pure fantasy film. It's weird. 

 

That cartoon off the Holiday Special is really good as a 10 min once piece thing. My kid is a bit young for Star Wars barring the first movie, so he really loved watching that. The rest of it is useless to me as the kid barely knows what an Ewok is. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe this is show specific but I'm constantly pressing continue watching to end up resuming the credits of the last episode I was on. If there's less than 1 minute of a show left that's probably not what I want. There's also no next episode button on my app until the credits are basically over as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Alex W. said:

What's wrong with it exactly? The editing at the episode transitions is a crime but the image quality itself seems as good as anything cel-animated I've seen.

Can't comment on Clone Wars, but early Family Guy has some weird interlacing during some motion which I don't see present on my "copies".

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Uncle Mike said:

Yeah the markers are really bad on a lot of shows.

I was watching the Ducktales shorts with my lad. There’s about 1 minute of content followed by 2 minutes of credits in every language under the sun, with no next episode marker.

 

The app crashes a lot on my otherwise rock-solid Roku 3, too. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Also having trouble with the next episode thing. Last night it restarted the previous episode of Winter Soldier rather than the latest one. Seems to happen on every series I watch on Disney. First world problems and all that but it is annoying!

Link to post
Share on other sites

For the next episode stuff I think you have to wait until the "next episode" option pops up before it registers that you've finished the current one. If you quit before that it seems to think you're still watching the previous one.

 

I've taken to just fast forwarding to the end on Disney+ shows once the credits start.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/04/2021 at 14:55, pledge said:

Maybe this is show specific but I'm constantly pressing continue watching to end up resuming the credits of the last episode I was on. If there's less than 1 minute of a show left that's probably not what I want. There's also no next episode button on my app until the credits are basically over as well.

 

31 minutes ago, probotector said:

Sees to have the opposite problem to the Netflix app that seems to want to push you to the next part ASAP when you want to soak in the credits etc 

 

I'm glad that it doesn't try and automatically start the next episode, or flash up a big obtrusive NEXT EPISODE button. I'm suspicious of things that try to helpfully automate things like that. When I used to have Amazon Prime, whenever I wanted to rewind/pause the credits to read them properly, I always had to be careful to make sure my press of the Enter button really did pause it instead of skipping to the next episode.

 

On Disney+ (cast from the Android app to a Chromecast), what I've found is that even if I let an episode play until the very end of both the main credits and the various language credits, the "Continue Watching" list on the main menu sometimes shows that fully-watched episode with 1 min remaining, instead of displaying the next episode.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Have some X-Men movies vanished? I could have sworn First Class (the next one for us watching in order) was on there a week or so ago, but no sign tonight. Same with the one where Wolverine is in Japan (or something along those lines; haven’t seen that since the cinema release).

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, MrPogo said:

Have some X-Men movies vanished? I could have sworn First Class (the next one for us watching in order) was on there a week or so ago, but no sign tonight. Same with the one where Wolverine is in Japan (or something along those lines; haven’t seen that since the cinema release).

 

Just searched: The Wolverine is showing up as available for me, in the UK.

 

But X-Men First Class isn't. A Google search for it brings up a DisneyPlus.com page for the film; on my phone, clicking the link and choosing to open it in the D+ app brings up a "the requested media is not available" error message, and opening it in my browser just brings up the film's description.

 

Are you sure it showed up as available a few weeks ago? Because here's a Reddit post, made in early March, asking why wasn't available on Disney+ in the UK:

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, with First Class if I’m wrong I’m wrong! I guess I just didn’t notice it’s absence from the big jumbled list of X-Men movies until it was actually time to watch it.
Then with The Wolverine, I must have typed “Wolverine” in the search box last week when we wanted to watch ‘X-Men Origins: Wolverine’ and so seen it listed, then this week noticed its absence when I searched for X-Men because it doesn’t have that in the title or as a tag, so simply just doesn’t show in the results.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/04/2021 at 09:04, MrPogo said:

Well, with First Class if I’m wrong I’m wrong! I guess I just didn’t notice it’s absence from the big jumbled list of X-Men movies until it was actually time to watch it.
Then with The Wolverine, I must have typed “Wolverine” in the search box last week when we wanted to watch ‘X-Men Origins: Wolverine’ and so seen it listed, then this week noticed its absence when I searched for X-Men because it doesn’t have that in the title or as a tag, so simply just doesn’t show in the results.

That’s weird, yeah sure I’m in a different country but.

 

 

E9520382-F1B0-4882-8CF9-EF89178ACEE3.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Nomad land is now available to watch, somehow without premium payment options. 
 

Really hypnotic viewing. Frances McDormand vies with the American landscape for most captivating screen presence. Emotional and beautiful. I really enjoyed it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know when Disney+ is gonna land in Central/Eastern Europe?  I signed up for notifications ages ago but never received any information about it...all I found on the internet is '2021' which is rather vague..

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.