IGNORED

Disney Plus - Now with even more movies & TV shows

Goose

22 hours ago, Chindie said:

The Netflix series are in the same continuity as the movies, but may as well not be, as the relationship between them is literally very minor inconsequential references to the movies, that slowly are phased out.

The only way I see Disney actually acknowledge them is if they can pointedly make it clear that there's a distance between them and their flagship movies - i.e. multiverse shit.

The original intention was that they were all set in the same continuity but that isn't necessarily the case anymore. Agents of Shield and the other shows were all part of the now defunct Marvel TV division, which wasn't under Kevin Feige's control, all playing second fiddle to the movie universe. Now Fiege has direct control of the TV side through Disney + and not of the those shows are running (The last one, Helstrom, was cancelled as Marvel TV was folded and it had only just started).

The Daredevil/Defenders stuff is undoubtedly tied up with Netflix currently and is also a little too violent for the MCU/Disney+ combo. I do wonder what will happen to those shows longer term, dumped onto Starz once whatever exclusivity finishes with Netflix? In terms of production values they feel more in line with the MCU stuff than Shield or Cloak and Dagger, even if the Iron Fist stuff was disappointing.

2 minutes ago, Jg15 said:

The original intention was that they were all set in the same continuity but that isn't necessarily the case anymore. Agents of Shield and the other shows were all part of the now defunct Marvel TV division, which wasn't under Kevin Feige's control, all playing second fiddle to the movie universe. Now Fiege has direct control of the TV side through Disney + and not of the those shows are running (The last one, Helstrom, was cancelled as Marvel TV was folded and it had only just started).

The Daredevil/Defenders stuff is undoubtedly tied up with Netflix currently and is also a little too violent for the MCU/Disney+ combo. I do wonder what will happen to those shows longer term, dumped onto Starz once whatever exclusivity finishes with Netflix? In terms of production values they feel more in line with the MCU stuff than Shield or Cloak and Dagger, even if the Iron Fist stuff was disappointing.

Netflix made them, funded them, produced them. They won’t go anywhere else. They’ll either stay on Netflix or disappear entirely. 

19 hours ago, Gambit said:

They've added the 9th (and only the 9th) season of American Horror Story. It's the 80s camp one that I've been wanting to see for ages.

Ah brilliant, been waiting for that to appear somewhere for a while too.

None of the Star Wars or Marvel content is available in Dolby Atmos for me at the moment (it could be lacking on everything but I haven't looked).

I know they had bandwidth concerns when COVID first hit, but Atmos came back. Is it just me or is it missing for others, too?

edit: hmm...The Mandalorian is in Atmos, but none of the movies. 

I fixed this by deleting the Disney+ Apple TV app and restarting my Atmos system. Apparently, Disney will only serve up what it thinks your system is capable of playing, and somehow it thought I couldn't play Atmos (even though it showed The Mandalorian properly). Once I'd done this, all the Star Wars movies, Marvel movies etc were back in Dobly Atmos. 

On 16/10/2021 at 13:25, Jammy said:

Ah brilliant, been waiting for that to appear somewhere for a while too.

A good season overall now that I've finished it. Obviously due to Sarah Paulson not being in it.

First episode of season 10 is now also up. Sarah Paulson overacting (and not in a good way) within the first twenty minutes. Sigh.