IGNORED

Disney Plus - Now with even more movies & TV shows

Goose

My problem with the majority of open-matte presentations, (because that's largely what they are and branding them IMAX is a tad disingenuous), is the amount of dead space at the top and bottom of frame.

You've no idea how much I'm glad that the version of Tron Legacy on D+, is in a fixed scope ratio.

41 minutes ago, Steve McQueef said:

You've no idea how much I'm glad that the version of Tron Legacy on D+, is in a fixed scope ratio.

I've not the horrible feeling that if it wasn't, Michael Sheen's crappy character would be naked from the waste down.

I'm part through an Endgame rewatch and went to have a look to note the timestamp and continue with the IMAX version. It resumed automatically with the IMAX version!

Superb. I guess it uses the timestamp on whatever version you choose. Nice.

So glad I didn't get round to the rewatches of a few of the other MCU films I was planning on.

Anyone tried Dopesick yet?

About the opioid crisis and those fucking Sacklers.

It's getting good reviews, has a good cast and sounds like it could be something special (not to mention timely) 2 episodes out so far. 

Definitely something I want to watch but I've got far too much other stuff on the go (TV and games) to give it the attention I'd like to.

2 hours ago, multi said:

It's getting good reviews, has a good cast and sounds like it could be something special (not to mention timely) 2 episodes out so far. 

Definitely something I want to watch but I've got far too much other stuff on the go (TV and games) to give it the attention I'd like to.

I just watched the first episode and it's very good. Some fine performances. 

4 hours ago, multi said:

Watched the 2 available episodes

It’s very good, from about half way through the first episode after being a little scattergun it starts building as the individuals story threads start to take shape.

Really bloody well shot and acted

On 11/11/2021 at 18:34, Steve McQueef said:

My problem with the majority of open-matte presentations, (because that's largely what they are and branding them IMAX is a tad disingenuous), is the amount of dead space at the top and bottom of frame.

What an absolute load of utter bollocks! I just watched Thor Ragnarok, and everything involving Surtur at the end was fucking spectacular thanks to the larger aspect ratio.