IGNORED

Disney Plus - Now with even more movies & TV shows

Goose

On 03/12/2021 at 13:23, sammy said:

I’m near the end of season 2 of Mr Inbetween, it’s an absolute gem of a show, destined to be up there with the likes of Better Call Saul and The Sopranos for me if it maintains this quality.

Driven by the main character Ray Shoesmith (played by show creator Scott Ryan - it is hard to believe that this is his only acting credit, he is phenomenal), a bouncer/debt collector/hitman working out of Sydney, it examines his work and its impact on him and his relationships.  It’s funny, brutal and very tender at times.  Each episode is only 25 mins long and you’ll know pretty quickly if it’s not for you. Season 1 was great, season 2 is incredible.

Give it a go, would love to see it getting some love on here 😀

11935E4E-0A2B-4E01-90A8-42CD61601791.jpeg.213348ab42c5a50fb6671a301847dba1.jpeg

Cheers for this - I'm halfway through Series 1 and its really good so far.

EDIT: Actually there are only 6 episodes so I've seen all of Series 1.

On 06/12/2021 at 23:33, Ork1927 said:

Also on the 15th - all of Malcolm in the Middle!

YESSSSS. Big hit with my family and we're almost finished the first two seasons that I torrented. Hopefully this will help elevate it to its rightful position near the top of the sitcom heap.

Yeah, I'd never heard of Mr. Inbetween until I read about it in here, so thanks all for that.

It's absolutely brilliant. Brutal AF in places but it's also had me howling with laughter too. Getting close to the end of S2 but I think there's a season 3 to watch also.

One of those rare things that you don't want to come to the end of.

1 hour ago, Ork1927 said:

Cheers for this - I'm halfway through Series 1 and its really good so far.

EDIT: Actually there are only 6 episodes so I've seen all of Series 1.

Woohoo! Was going to leave it a week and plug it again if no fucker responded 😀.

Yes season 1 is the shortest, I think season 2 has eleven episodes and season 3 has nine. Apparently they’re not making any more and it’s tied up beautifully at the end, so well worth sticking with it.  You’ve got some awesome tv ahead!  

1 hour ago, multi said:

Yeah, I'd never heard of Mr. Inbetween until I read about it in here, so thanks all for that.

It's absolutely brilliant. Brutal AF in places but it's also had me howling with laughter too. Getting close to the end of S2 but I think there's a season 3 to watch also.

One of those rare things that you don't want to come to the end of.

Same here, I’d never heard of it until @Fierce Poodle mentioned it last week.  Agreed it’s very funny (“I don’t answer questions”), while also going to some very dark places as well.  They pack a lot into the short episode length but it never feels rushed.  Bloody brilliant show.

On 06/12/2021 at 23:33, Ork1927 said:

Ron’s Gone Wrong (which is really good) is out on 15th December and then Christmas Eve sees Encanto (also very good) hit the service and that’s only been on in the cinema for a couple of weeks.

Surprised they’ve done that as there aren’t really any kids films out in cinemas at the moment.

Also on the 15th - all of Malcolm in the Middle!

Ron’s Gone Wrong was a lovely surprise, great family film.

On 06/12/2021 at 23:39, pledge said:

Have they solved the music issues that seemed to be the reason for no DVD? or this is like Scrubs where it will be remixed.

Malcolm in the Middle did eventually get a full UK DVD release, really belatedly. I'm not sure how much music got replaced, though:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Malcolm-Middle-Complete-Collection-Seasons/dp/B00E8GPPGQ

First couple of seasons of Malcolm in the Middle are fantastic family viewing, but it gets a bit more uncomfortable as they get older and more interested in girls and sex, if you’ve got younger kids. 

Performances are still brilliant. Lois in particular – and it’s a shame she never appeared to get the kinds of opportunities Cranston did. 

Yes…it’s probably something to do with the fact MitM seems to be critically under appreciated considering it’s one of the smartest and most consistently brilliant comedy shows of all time. I mean it’s right up there with Dinnerladies in my view, and there is really no higher praise.

On 03/12/2021 at 13:23, sammy said:

I’m near the end of season 2 of Mr Inbetween, it’s an absolute gem of a show, destined to be up there with the likes of Better Call Saul and The Sopranos for me if it maintains this quality.

Driven by the main character Ray Shoesmith (played by show creator Scott Ryan - it is hard to believe that this is his only acting credit, he is phenomenal), a bouncer/debt collector/hitman working out of Sydney, it examines his work and its impact on him and his relationships.  It’s funny, brutal and very tender at times.  Each episode is only 25 mins long and you’ll know pretty quickly if it’s not for you. Season 1 was great, season 2 is incredible.

Give it a go, would love to see it getting some love on here 😀

11935E4E-0A2B-4E01-90A8-42CD61601791.jpeg.213348ab42c5a50fb6671a301847dba1.jpeg

I am very grateful to you because I would never have heard of this if it was not for you. I love me some bite size tv. I finished series one last night, which was great, with the last two episodes in particular being fantastic.

But up there with BCS and Sopranos???? 🤨

39 minutes ago, kempstar said:

I am very grateful to you because I would never have heard of this if it was not for you. I love me some bite size tv. I finished series one last night, which was great, with the last two episodes in particular being fantastic.

But up there with BCS and Sopranos???? 🤨

Glad you’re enjoying it! Ahh I hope I haven’t raised expectations too much - obviously it’s all very subjective but after watching the whole thing it’s definitely up there with my favourite tv shows, season 2 in particular is superb.

On 15/12/2021 at 18:10, sammy said:

Glad you’re enjoying it! Ahh I hope I haven’t raised expectations too much - obviously it’s all very subjective but after watching the whole thing it’s definitely up there with my favourite tv shows, season 2 in particular is superb.

😐

So……. Season 2 is excellent, a level above season 1 (which was already really good).

S2E9, the one where 

Spoiler

somebody snatches his mates kid

is actually almost up there with Breaking Bad, BCS etc!

Im gobsmacked. Cant believe I hadnt even heard of it.

On 09/12/2021 at 18:48, Fierce Poodle said:

I’ve watched up to the end of season 2 and it was fantastic, very tense and very moving in places. Quite glad there’s only 3 seasons, no chance of it outstaying its welcome.

I finished Season 3 last night. And now I'm almost distraught that there's no more. 

Great 3 seasons, none outstayed their welcome, maintained the quality throughout. Some fantastic characters and a smart script in every episode.

One of the best unexpected gems I've watched in ages. It's so easy to watch and there's so much crammed into each 30 min episode that I'm almost certainly gonna watch it all again pretty soon.

6 hours ago, kempstar said:

😐

So……. Season 2 is excellent, a level above season 1 (which was already really good).

S2E9, the one where 

Hide contents

somebody snatches his mates kid

is actually almost up there with Breaking Bad, BCS etc!

Im gobsmacked. Cant believe I hadnt even heard of it.

Fuck yes that episode was an absolute banger.  I loved that (s2ep9 spoilers)

Spoiler

Ray’s boss and Gary just instantly drop everything to help him out, and that Gary is calm, collected and the one making the smart moves while Ray is barely in control throughout. 

I also really like that, as with an earlier episode, they know when to draw back and leave what’s happening to the imagination instead of going all in with gratuitous violence.

Not sure if you’ve seen it yet or not but the season 2 finale is fantastic as well (for very different reasons).

On 15/12/2021 at 18:10, sammy said:

Thanks for the recommendation of Mr Inbetween. I watched two episodes and we love it!