IGNORED

Disney Plus - Now with even more movies & TV shows

Goose

More on there than I was expecting. If they’ve the exclusive on all those then NowTV is going to have nothing left though. All them Buddies films make up half NowTV’s listing.

Whoever compiled that doesn’t understand how you deal with “The” in lists though.

2 hours ago, MDY said:

[*]Captain America: Civil War
[*]Captain America: The First Avenger
[*]Captain Marvel

No Winter Soldier? :omg:

Maybe that film's currently under a deal with another streaming service in the Netherlands?

Of their Animated Classics feature films, the only omissions I can see are Make Mine Music and The Rescuers.

Edit: Apparently the list originated from this Twitter account. The scroll through video below does have Winter Soldier, but it omits some things in the text list above, like Tarzan and Rescuers Down Under:

Why the rush? It's still not available till November in the US. I'm not sure what the point is in 'pre-ordering' a streaming service when there isn't even a discount on price.

I know for the Dutch one if it realised you were trying to use a VPN then the buttons such as signup didn't work. Probably similar reasons why it is stuck loading for you.

2 hours ago, Tony said:

Why the rush? It's still not available till November in the US. I'm not sure what the point is in 'pre-ordering' a streaming service when there isn't even a discount on price.

I know for the Dutch one if it realised you were trying to use a VPN then the buttons such as signup didn't work. Probably similar reasons why it is stuck loading for you.

Yep, seems they detect you're using a VPN.  And the reason I was trying is because there's no UK release date.

I'd just wait till closer to the time and see if any announcements have been made when it launches. You're basically giving Disney your payment details about 7 weeks before you could watch anything without any perks / discounts. You may then find out that you've signed up and they've blocked any way for you to view it.

Yeah, I was up for "pre-ordering", but without any incentive I don't see the point. So I can watch it on launch? OK, but I can sign up on launch day, unless you don't have faith in your payment processing. 

Get a discount going, preferably with Hulu no ads, and I'll get the card out.

52 minutes ago, Tony said:

I'd just wait till closer to the time and see if any announcements have been made when it launches. You're basically giving Disney your payment details about 7 weeks before you could watch anything without any perks / discounts. You may then find out that you've signed up and they've blocked any way for you to view it.

Well it was a 7-day free trial anyway so if it didn't work using a VPN I could have cancelled. I just don't get why there's no news on a UK release date when we're clearly a bigger market than the Netherlands.

1 hour ago, Hitcher said:

Well it was a 7-day free trial anyway so if it didn't work using a VPN I could have cancelled. I just don't get why there's no news on a UK release date when we're clearly a bigger market than the Netherlands.

Probably due to existing licensing agreements with Sky and the like.  A lot of Disney content already tied up in existing contracts. I suspect we will be sometime next year. 

• 3 weeks later...

They've made their official announcement of everything on Disney+ for its US launch. First they listed them in a series of tweets roughly as long as the average Seth Abramson Twitter thread, then did a three hour video of clips...

Some surprising omissions in the list I saw (a number of MCU films including Avengers and all the Captain America films, Enchanted, the current Duck Tales series, and some others I've forgotten now). Presumably most of those are currently tied into other streaming services in America?

People have discovered lots of obscure surprises in the list:

• 4 weeks later...
On 14/10/2019 at 23:21, Nick R said:

Some surprising omissions in the list I saw (a number of MCU films including Avengers and all the Captain America films, Enchanted, the current Duck Tales series, and some others I've forgotten now).

Fwiw, in the Dutch two month pre-release trial all those titles are available except Enchanted. Might indeed just a USA thing, so hopefully it will all be available in the UK just like it is in the Netherrealms.

I'm ok with waiting, need more info on launch price & titles etc which I expect we will get next year. Need to get in the habit of cancelling these streaming channels when I am not using them instead of keeping them going forever. I can see Netflix getting cancelled when this is released.

4 hours ago, Chadruharazzeb said:

I'm not waiting that long to watch Mandalorian. Disney, you done fuck up. 

I don’t know why they haven’t just sold the UK broadcast rights for the first season to Sky or someone - being paid for the series must be better than the alternative, where they get nothing and a lot of people have already downloaded and watched their flagship weekly show by March 31st.

51 minutes ago, Jammy said:

I don’t know why they haven’t just sold the UK broadcast rights for the first season to Sky or someone - being paid for the series must be better than the alternative, where they get nothing and a lot of people have already downloaded and watched their flagship weekly show by March 31st.

I don't think Disney really need the money. Yes, some people will download it but there are still quite a few who would have no idea how a torrent works who will watch it in March. 

On 08/11/2019 at 17:02, McCoy said:

I don't think Disney really need the money. Yes, some people will download it but there are still quite a few who would have no idea how a torrent works who will watch it in March. 

You don't need to know anything about torrenting these days to watch pirate stuff - a fully loaded Fire Stick and you're sorted.