IGNORED

Disney Plus - Now with even more movies & TV shows

Goose

2 hours ago, Doctor Shark said:

This is what I’m referring to, something that is widely becoming known as “calarts style”. 

A3E8E8F6-9736-4189-B6CE-DB6647962165.thumb.jpeg.7ac45da6a154304398d0b29069b75f40.jpeg

Not that I’m implying anything, but you know there’s a ‘Cal-Arts’ Pepe Frog in the background of that, aye?

A381BBFF-7621-48F0-B0B2-1A785CEDE91C.jpeg

And on topic, Turning Red was great.

2 hours ago, Doctor Shark said:

This is what I’m referring to, something that is widely becoming known as “calarts style”. 

A3E8E8F6-9736-4189-B6CE-DB6647962165.thumb.jpeg.7ac45da6a154304398d0b29069b75f40.jpeg

The old bean mouth is easy to animate, particularly in tv animation where a lot of it is rigged in the likes of Toon Boom Harmony.

The supposed 'lack of variety' in modern animation is such a load of shit.

7v4tln3ax9z01.jpg

3 hours ago, Festoon said:

The old bean mouth is easy to animate, particularly in tv animation where a lot of it is rigged in the likes of Toon Boom Harmony.

The supposed 'lack of variety' in modern animation is such a load of shit.

7v4tln3ax9z01.jpg

I didn’t say there was a lack of variety, I said I wasn’t overly fond of the style. 

6 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

I didn’t say there was a lack of variety, I said I wasn’t overly fond of the style. 

That's fair enough. You referred to it as CalArts style though, which is shite.

I loved Turning Red. The scene at the start where they’re drooling over the shop assistant sent me right back to when I was 13/14 and used to go to Fantasy World every weekend as I was in love with the guy who worked there who looked like a sexy Viking. Got off with him a few years later so go me! Thinking back that’s probably slightly gross as god knows how much older than me he was. 😬 

I thought it was really funny and it also made me cry. Perfect!

Liked Turning Red a lot. Only thing I didn't like was the now-regulation Pixar you-cry-now bit that has plagued their films since Toy Story 3. I wish they could break out of that trope, it's so mechanical and forced.

On 14/03/2022 at 07:37, Festoon said:

Liked Turning Red a lot. Only thing I didn't like was the now-regulation Pixar you-cry-now bit that has plagued their films since Toy Story 3. I wish they could break out of that trope, it's so mechanical and forced.

Either I’m dead inside or I missed that bit. I was even waiting for it - it just never came.

Just now, Steve McQueef said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't some of the Marvel Netflix shows available in Dolby Vision?

They appear to be strictly in HD on Disney+.

They are for now. They say the fancier specs will come soon.

IGN had an article about how Disney+ hadn’t censored the Netflix marvel shows and I thought that, if they did, each episode would be basically just the intro and outro credits and nothing would make sense. 

IGN are also reporting that Daredevil is getting a reboot on Disney +, although keeping Charlie Cox. 

Oh my lord Alien Covenant is so shit! It makes the idiots from Prometheus look like geniuses in comparison. At every point they can make the right decision, they make the wrong one. Absolute clowns, and I lump Ridley in with that for what he's done to his legacy with these two movies. 

I noticed a few weeks ago that the two seasons of What We Do In The Shadows on Disney have been upgraded to much prettier 4K HDR versions if anyone needs an excuse to watch them again…

2 hours ago, Pelekophoros said:

Oh my lord Alien Covenant is so shit! It makes the idiots from Prometheus look like geniuses in comparison. At every point they can make the right decision, they make the wrong one. Absolute clowns, and I lump Ridley in with that for what he's done to his legacy with these two movies. 

Indeed. It's still miles better than the AVP movies though! Plus Fassbender is great (at least I thought so!)

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Gambit said:

Death on the Nile now up.

Featuring the most cursed cast ever assembled. Anti-vaxxers, cannibals, Joe Rogan wannabees and Gal Gadot.

And it's as boring as fuck.

1 hour ago, Gambit said:

Death on the Nile now up.

Featuring the most cursed cast ever assembled. Anti-vaxxers, cannibals, Joe Rogan wannabees and Gal Gadot.

And on the high seas within hours. 

I actually thought it was better than the first one. :lol:

It might be partly because unlike Orient Express, I didn't know how this one was going to end having not read or watched any other previous version of the story.

Gal Gadot is absolutely horrendous though. Proper Razzie performance.

Not seen any mention of The Dropout in here, the telling of the Elisabeth Holmes & Theranos story from the US. The first female unicorn CEO with the blood testing company she started after dropping out from college.

Timing wasn't great as Netflix launched the flashier fake heiress story at the same time, but this is a better show to my tastes.

Latest episode building up to the story/scandal breaking in the WSJ was the best of the series so far.

4 minutes ago, museman123 said:

Yeah we are loving it, highlight has to be Naveen Andrews as Sunny.

took us a couple of eps to recognise he was the bloke from Lost, just 20y older and minus the flowing locks.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if Disney plus prevents you from displaying a stream on a tv via a laptop? 

I was trying to watch Death on the Nile on my OLED via a MacBook but the stream just stopped every time I tried to connect. 

2 hours ago, Fargo said:

Does anyone know if Disney plus prevents you from displaying a stream on a tv via a laptop? 

I was trying to watch Death on the Nile on my OLED via a MacBook but the stream just stopped every time I tried to connect. 

I watch Disney plus via an old MacBook hooked up to the TV via hdmi. No issues.