Disney Plus - Now with even more movies & TV shows

Goose

I absolutely loved Moonlighting. My parents would let me sneak down to watch if my younger brother was asleep. The fucker would deliberately stay awake. Keen to see if it lives up to the nostalgia. 

@ZOK where did your set go from there? I now remember your love for Yacht Rock so this fits nicely. 

9 hours ago, El Geet said:

I absolutely loved Moonlighting. My parents would let me sneak down to watch if my younger brother was asleep. The fucker would deliberately stay awake. Keen to see if it lives up to the nostalgia. 

@ZOK

Strangely, while I seem to recall Moonlighting looking like a good show when I was young, the only actual memory I have of it is Bruce Willis going down some steps on a bicycle.

On 28/10/2022 at 13:54, ZOK said:

I always used to start my Dj sets with Al Jarreau’s Moonlighting theme…lets people know you mean business.

:wub:

My overriding memory of that tune is Al Jarreau’s catastrophic lip synching when he performed it on TOTP.

Watched it on a whim and I really liked it. Quite sharply written here and there and a surprisingly restrained performance from Sam Rockwell. Saoirse Ronan was very funny as well. It's another chocolate box vision of England (with a sprinkling of Wes Anderson) but I didn't really mind. You can see exactly where the story is going sometimes but it was satisfying to watch the pieces fall into place.

Spoiler

Enjoyed the quip about it being better that the writer didn't live to see the ending.

3 hours ago, Alan Stock said:

I saw a Youtuber who was watching Severance say that Legion (I assume meaning the one on Disney+) was a great twisty turny mystery type show that has a great first season. Anyone here seen it and if so, any thoughts?

A bit like Westworld, I enjoyed the first series, but it lost me a bit halfway through the second series as it collapsed in on itself, drunk on its own cleverness. 

On 02/11/2022 at 15:40, Gambit said:

See How They Run has just been added which I've heard good things about.

Nice, thanks for the recommendation. Actually guys, is discovery+ worth it? I have plenty of subscriptions already and think about discovery+ but came across bad reviews https://discovery-plus.pissedconsumer.com/customer-service.html. Share your experience, please. Thanks in advance.

On 04/11/2022 at 20:34, Ivanho said:

Just started watching Reboot, with Paul Reiser & Johnny Knoxville.  Quite funny so far.

Yeah, we finished all of the Modern Family that's on D+ (for some reason the final season isn't on it which is infuriating!) and we saw this pop up and it's by one of the creators of MF.

It's really rather great. Very funny. Keegan-Michael Key is very good and I've always had a "thing" for Jidy Greer so bonus points there.

We also really liked Single Parents which, sadly, only ran for two seasons.

I've never subscribed to Disney before - is it easy to escape from if you just want to jump in for a month or two and binge on, say, Andor, and then get out again? I love the fact that Netflix and Amazon are dead easy to get out of, so I'm hoping this is the same.

9 hours ago, Pete said:

Disney + lost Disney £1.5 billion in the last quarter. I did wonder how they could justify spending millions on films that straight into streaming, turns out they can't really.

I was reading about this the other day - the old CEO Bob Iger had to come back to replace his successor (who was handpicked by Iger) and the ousted guy Chapek walks away with $20m+. I wish I was as good at my job to fail upwards so spectacularly. The dream.

19 hours ago, Monkeyboy said:

You can subscribe monthly, so I don’t see why not.

Maybe I've just been burned by things in the past that made it hard to cancel once you'd signed up. Netflix and Amazon Prime are a doddle (and then with Amazon at least, you get offers for free periods to resub, which is nice).

I've been infuriated with the app on LGCX these last two days. 

I've been trying to watch Shang-Chi, but the subs for non english speaking parts keep packing up and all the googling I've done just comes up with results for subs not working at all.

I've not chosen any subs, so it's just the non-english parts which are auto subbed that I am having an issue with.

The issue I get is that they start off working OK, then when the foreign dialogue has finished for a bit, when it starts again, the subtitles dont appear again.  To get them to appear again I either need to skip back a bit, or stop and restart the stream.

I stopped and started the app - didn't work.

I cleared the cache (no idea if it did that or not, as the guide told me to go to the WebOS browser and delete web browsing cache and history) - didn't work.

I deleted and reloaded the app - didn't work.

I got fed up of farting around with it, so yarred a copy instead.  Hopefully the subs will be there all the way through on that when I try watching it again for the third day in a row.

Anyone else get this?

I don't seem to have the problem on anything else luckily.  I've been watching a fair amount of the Star Wars shows and they have plenty of alien language that is auto subbed and those subs don't pack up.