Huge Capcom Announcement - Home Arcade

The store page is up now, Looks like you have to order it from Capcom Europe.

https://store.capcom-europe.com/capcom-home-arcade/1804/capcom-home-arcade?number=310555EN

Info: This item is excluded from all vouchers.

Release date: 25th October

Price: 229.99 Euro

Are you ready for authentic arcade feeling in your home? The Capcom Home Arcade comes loaded with 16 classic Capcom Arcade titles and offers a true arcade experience thanks to competition class Sanwa JLF-TP-8YT sticks and OBSF buttons. You just have to connect it to your display of choice through HDMI and power it up via Micro-USB and you're good to go! No matter if you want to battle for highscores, play together or compete with each other - Thanks to the onboard WiFi, you're connected to a worldwide High Score Leaderboard and can check how you match up against other players across the globe.

17 minutes ago, PeteBrant said:

Also, that "P" in Plug is going to drive OCD people nuts.

It's not actually there. I don't think there's even a real shot of it in the whole trailer. Looks totally CG.

Would've been all over this a few years ago, despite the hideous design. There's no way I'm sacrificing storage space to keep this thing now though, when I'd be better-served by a release of these games on consoles I already own.

I'd have pre ordered a hundred times if it had a digital store with the promise of being legally able to buy Capcoms entire back catalogue. Vs fighters, hell even console stuff.

So close to perfect, hardware-wise.

Its delightfully absurd but I don't see the appeal beyond a novelty collectors item. It's too huge to be practical unless you have a good amount of space and something to rest it on.

I've already got several £150+ arcade sticks I dont really need so it wouldn't even be worth it if it were compatible with current consoles/PC.

If it can be hacked easily and filled with games of my choosing (3rd Strike) then maybe I'd consider it but the size remains an issue and it's too oddly-shaped to easily slot into a home-made arcade cabinet project.

I'd have much preferred a cheaper solo unit with a USB port to connect a second controller. It's strange that they'd bother with WiFi for nothing more than high scores; maybe there'll be a web store you can purchase additional games from*?

The parts sound solid though. I dont get on with  octagonal gates but it'll be better for some games than others.

*There won't be.

7 minutes ago, RubberJohnny said:

Everyone saw that Nintendo retro hardware at "you've got to be kidding" prices and wants in.

This is where your nostalgia obsession gets us guys, shame!

The retro Nintendo consoles cost less than half this.