Assetto Corsa Competizione | Mid season break!

davejm

42 minutes ago, kiroquai said:

Got back to a 1.36.0 I think. Either that or a 1.36.1 :) - also got to follow Erik around a bit. Really impressive consistency and speed, can see why you win so much! Thought I'd try to copy some of your lines and stuff but you were just too quick for me. I did, however, get this nice snap of us going through the banked hairpin!

Thanks but in all honesty I'm still learning this track. I have now turned total of maybe 30 laps, still finding the line with the least bumps... I think theres even less margin of error than in Bathurst!

I thought this track was bumpy last time I drove it in a Lambo.  But holy shit - its a nightmare in the Ferrari!  It was rattling my teeth loose and trying to swap ends mid corner as a bump unsettles the rear.  I did a few laps tonight - but most of them involved spins.

I think the best I managed was a 1.36.4 

8 hours ago, Valver said:

I thought this track was bumpy last time I drove it in a Lambo.  But holy shit - its a nightmare in the Ferrari!  It was rattling my teeth loose and trying to swap ends mid corner as a bump unsettles the rear.  I did a few laps tonight - but most of them involved spins.

I think the best I managed was a 1.36.4 

Yeah that's what struck me as well now that I'm in the Macca 720; it's much smoother than the 488 and feels much faster as a result. Last time I drove the 488 there I was bottoming out all the time. Try to raise the suspension and stiffen the springs a tad.

I've also adjusted my CSL's FFB (used a tutorial) and there's much more detail in the feedback now. Can't wait for my new Macca GT3 rim to arrive!

3 minutes ago, Meers said:

Are we going to do something come Thursday?

There was talk of an Assetto Corsa cruise and chat around either Nords or the new Island.  Erik can host, but now that I have my server running I'm also planning on trying out the AC server manager too over the next day or so.

2 minutes ago, Meers said:

Try to raise the suspension and stiffen the springs a tad.

I'd raise it but soften suspension, dampers and arbs. And think about front bumpstops. I think the Ferrari's preset setup is very stiff in every way

17 minutes ago, davejm said:

There was talk of an Assetto Corsa cruise and chat around either Nords or the new Island.  Erik can host, but now that I have my server running I'm also planning on trying out the AC server manager too over the next day or so.

Nice! I'll try and install the new island in advance then, just in case.

17 minutes ago, Erik said:

I'd raise it but soften suspension, dampers and arbs. And think about front bumpstops. I think the Ferrari's preset setup is very stiff in every way

Soften the suspension - of course! :doh:

What was I thinking? Don't take any tuning advice from a Dutchman, folks!

23 hours ago, Erik said:

These are all Saturday races and for whatever reason have quite early starts, unlike usually. November 6 event starts at 10:00 GMT/UK time and the race itself at 11:00, lasting till some minutes past 17:00.

Erik, please jot me down for all of those, provided that I can have dibs on the time of day I'd like to jump in (preferably early in the afternoon). Still have a few questions though:

I understand there's 4 people for the 6 hour races (1.5h each)? How many of us are doing the 12h races?
How does the drive swap thing work?

18 minutes ago, Meers said:

Erik, please jot me down for all of those, provided that I can have dibs on the time of day I'd like to jump in (preferably early in the afternoon). Still have a few questions though:

I understand there's 4 people for the 6 hour races (1.5h each)? How many of us are doing the 12h races?
How does the drive swap thing work?

First race was 6 h, but there we had 3 drivers for both cars. So two 60 min stints for each. Often driving time isnt even, but not everyone wants to drive as much as possible or is available from start to finish in these big races. We try to make driving schedules and a strategy before race.

2 minutes ago, Erik said:

First race was 6 h, but there we had 3 drivers for both cars. So two 60 min stints for each. Often driving time isnt even, but not everyone wants to drive as much as possible or is available from start to finish in these big races. We try to make driving schedules and a strategy before race.

Ah, good to know there's a schedule indeed. And 1h stints sounds good, even though I can manage 1.5h during daytime fine. 😎

I'll have a look at those links you've sent me.