Assetto Corsa Competizione | Mid season break!

davejm

Apparently the custom liveries downloaded from Race Department (or other sources) don't show to others in-game unless they also have the files downloaded (which makes sense I guess).

If you can link me to the one that you used I'll grab it.

I started with the aggressive setup as I normally do with the Lambo but found that I didn’t have the grip so reverted to the safe setup. With that I found my inside tyre temps were off by over 1psi. Once those were sorted and brake bias set to 58 I had the grip to attack the lap a bit more and managed a 1:46.2 right at the end of my session. It’s tough though and easy to make mistakes or miss your line.

2 minutes ago, milko said:

Is this always going to be GT3 or do they plan to expand it to end up with a similarly wide range as the original?

It’s not a sequel to AC, it’s the official GT World Challenge game so will only have content appropriate to that, GT4 is coming later in the Summer/Autumn.

1 hour ago, davejm said:

Apparently the custom liveries downloaded from Race Department (or other sources) don't show to others in-game unless they also have the files downloaded (which makes sense I guess).

If you can link me to the one that you used I'll grab it.

Yeah, I thought that might be the case.  Is there a way to add liveries to the server?  Just wondering is that might be a one-stop-shop to make this work so everyone sees the livery.

I actually edited the one from RD to make the logos on the doors fit properly, so this is my version:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mysRpFsuexaJxfLBzRQ_sIla-3JcYCFz/view?usp=sharing

1 hour ago, SharkyOB said:

Yeah, I thought that might be the case.  Is there a way to add liveries to the server?  Just wondering is that might be a one-stop-shop to make this work so everyone sees the livery.

I actually edited the one from RD to make the logos on the doors fit properly, so this is my version:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mysRpFsuexaJxfLBzRQ_sIla-3JcYCFz/view?usp=sharing

The server allows for custom cars, so I tried to copy the files up and allocated it to my driver in the entrylist.  But the server won't start if I use the custom car :(  I'll have a google and then play around, hopefully I can get it working.

In other news, I'm down to a 1:48.2!!  Had a really good session just now.  Here is the leaderboard so far...

image.png.dd27aa023a12f32f30f8a312faf2656f.png

As an aside, the server allows for a 3 character 'short driver' name; which is the string that shows in brackets in the name there.  I've left them all blank up to now, but I'm going to allocate them because it shows on the car during replays (I think).  If you have a preference let me know but I'll just allocate one in the meantime.

Well I had another session straight after and couldn't get close, so I'm still a bit erratic!

I'm absolutely crying out for my new pedals.  I can barely feel these crappy plastic ones I have.  I've got no consistency.  I'm doing 1:52 one lap, then 1:50, then 1:54.  I'm all over the shop.

12 hours ago, davejm said:

Well I had another session straight after and couldn't get close, so I'm still a bit erratic!

I'm absolutely crying out for my new pedals.  I can barely feel these crappy plastic ones I have.  I've got no consistency.  I'm doing 1:52 one lap, then 1:50, then 1:54.  I'm all over the shop.

Gonna be night and day!!

What wheel do you have?

16 minutes ago, SharkyOB said:

Gonna be night and day!!

What wheel do you have?

This one...

https://shop.thrustmaster.com/en_gb/ts-pc-racer-ferrari-488-challenge-edition.html

... which is wonderful!  But it doesn't come with pedals and I really wanted the load-cell ones, so I picked up a cheap two-pedal set from Ebay for £30 in the meantime.  The T-LCM pedals are on pre-order now and expected to ship 7th July so my order is in, I've just gotta wait a while!

18 minutes ago, SharkyOB said:

Wow, that is a serious piece of kit!!

Can you map stuff like traction control/ABS/brake balance to the rotary controllers?

Yeah in theory :D There are two modes, 'standard' and 'advanced'.  In standard mode the left and right turn of the dial just replicates the same button; but in advanced mode you can map the left and right turn to different buttons, and each dial can be clicked down also.  So you get lots of buttons to map.

But ACC doesn't support the advanced mode by default.  So I'd have to create a new control layout.  It's something I've been meaning to do now that I've got a better feel for the game, especially as I'm starting to change stuff like ABS and TC.

The silver and green buttons are also POV hats, and in advanced mode that means you can get 2x full axis to work with.

Well, I finished LoU2 very late last night, so expect my quickest time added to the server list later this evening. However, I'm on a week off work, and today is a rest day from my workouts, there may be alcohol involved. :lol:

11 minutes ago, davejm said:

Yeah in theory :D There are two modes, 'standard' and 'advanced'.  In standard mode the left and right turn of the dial just replicates the same button; but in advanced mode you can map the left and right turn to different buttons, and each dial can be clicked down also.  So you get lots of buttons to map.

But ACC doesn't support the enhanced mode by default.  So I'd have to create a new control layout.  It's something I've been meaning to do now that I've got a better feel for the game, especially as I'm starting to change stuff like ABS and TC.

Love that you can do that, unfortunately I'm a bit short of buttons on my T-300!  I was looking at the ECU maps yesterday and they seem like something you'd want to map to buttons for longer races, or in case it rains.  I'm not sure the different maps are explained in the game, but I found this online:

https://mega.nz/folder/XlogXCqJ#yC41Kh-wOIkfiS6uaOXfzQ

6 minutes ago, SharkyOB said:

Love that you can do that, unfortunately I'm a bit short of buttons on my T-300!  I was looking at the ECU maps yesterday and they seem like something you'd want to map for longer races, or in case it rains.  I'm not sure the different maps are explained in the game, but I found this online:

https://mega.nz/folder/XlogXCqJ#yC41Kh-wOIkfiS6uaOXfzQ

That's great, cheers.  I knew that an increase in engine map number meant less fuel consumption.  I actually tried to use it during a multiplayer race where I'd fuelled too low (I still needed to pit!) but this explains them all properly.  I've been utilising the MFD, but I definitely need to switch the wheel to advanced mode and utilise all the buttons.

Just now, Thor said:

Oooh, that's one pitfalls of VR, you can't see the steering wheel you're physically using, so have to rely on muscle memory...

It's not that difficult after a fairly short amount of time though.  I have no problems using my H-shifter in VR and buttons definitely aren't an issue.

• davejm changed the title to Assetto Corsa Competizione | Mid season break!