Assetto Corsa Competizione | Next Thursday: Zolder Sprint

davejm

I won't be racing on Thursday.  The event is ready and scheduled to start at 19:00.  If someone's able to get on at that time for the session start, let me know.  If not I'll adjust the start time so that it's a bit later.

I'm going to be taking a break (from sim-racing in general), for the time being.  I'm going through some stuff which has knocked me for six and I don't have the willing to get in the rig at the moment.   There's a possibility that I'll be staying away for a while, in which case I won't be home anyway.

I'll still be around on the forum to create the events and such.

I've got a fair bit of time (maybe 1s) to improve in there without crazy amounts of effort, but for some reason last night whenever I tried to go faster, or slower, or indeed the same speed, I seemed to clip a bit of kerb or touch a wall and then all these bad things started happening. Even when I feel in control that mountain is terrifying, but it would quite often be the simple turn at the end of the longest straight that got me. In fact it's the basic corners before and after the start line I seem to struggle with most.

I'd heard the Honda was good around here, I miss it all the more now!

4 minutes ago, milko said:

I've got a fair bit of time (maybe 1s) to improve in there without crazy amounts of effort, but for some reason last night whenever I tried to go faster, or slower, or indeed the same speed, I seemed to clip a bit of kerb or touch a wall and then all these bad things started happening. Even when I feel in control that mountain is terrifying, but it would quite often be the simple turn at the end of the longest straight that got me. In fact it's the basic corners before and after the start line I seem to struggle with most.

I'd heard the Honda was good around here, I miss it all the more now!

Nissan is also good here even over one lap, somehow.

Turn 1 is most difficult one for me. Its so simple, but the tiniest mistake or not carrying enough speed makes huge impact on laptime because its followed by a very long uphill straight. Up on the mountain one can hold back a little and take it easy without losing much time.

Won't be on again this week, but hopefully back for next week. House slowly coming together.

@davejm Just to reiterate the comments above, take your time and come back in when you are ready. We are not going anywhere, and you know where we are !

2 hours ago, davejm said:

Nice one Meers! :)

image.png.f8bab8b9eaf9683e3f9fc8f9dc94c0ae.png

Much obliged good sir. Almost 3 seconds off and bij the looks of it there's about another second to find. Just couldn't get a better lap in after that one due to becoming sleepy at the end of the evening.

By the way...coincidence?
image.png.ff924b6db82eecb2e1a64b2c066f1e52.png

The McLaren is very stable and consistent I find, compared to the 488 Evo. It's slowly becoming my new fave car.

last time I eventually got to within 0.003 of Nick's practice time and then went faster in the race, it gives me hope! That's a damn good time though.

I am enjoying the McLaren so far, it makes me feel like driving the Honda for the past couple of seasons might have been playing on hard mode, at least for a lot of tracks. When it goes well it really sings but I feel so much safer in the McLaren by comparison, it seems like it gives much earlier warning of when I'm going to lose grip. I just need to figure out some setup tweaks to make it turn in the way I want it to consistently, maybe. Early days...

38 minutes ago, Count Buffalos said:

@davejm, what was that handy calculation regarding altering pressures with differing air temperature? Was is + / - 1 click for every degree of temperature? 

My rule of thumb for small temperature changes is 1 click per every 3 degrees, air and track temperature combined. So I go 0.1 PSI higher if track drops 2 and air by 1.

20 hours ago, davejm said:

I've been doing one click for each degree change in ambient temp, but Erik's rule might be more accurate.

I dont know. I tried this yesterday where temperature difference required about 5 clicks first in one and then the other direction, and it was slightly off. I recommend using these rules only for couple of clicks.

I like Bathurst a lot, its my 2nd most driven track in ACC, but I'm slow around it. Driving a new car doesnt help. I hope I will have time to do setup job for next race! 🤔

14 minutes ago, Erik said:

I like Bathurst a lot, its my 2nd most driven track in ACC, but I'm slow around it. Driving a new car doesnt help. I hope I will have time to do setup job for next race! 🤔

Bathurst's beginning to grow on me. I used to absolutely detest the winding downhill section (in other games that had the track), but for some reason it's perfectly doable in ACC, exciting even.

The only thing I'm still uncertain about is how to pronounce Bathurst. Is it "Bat-Hurst" (like Bat-Man), "Bat'uhhst", "Bath-Hurst" or "Bath-'uhhst"? 😓

So in England we all already argue over how the word Bath is pronounced anyway.  I'm from the south, so I say bath as 'barth'.   

anyhow ...the area was named as Bathurst after a Lord (who's name was pronounced Barth-Hurst) 

However the Aussies seems to say it more like Ba-thurst, even chopping out the "r" sound to make it more like Ba-Thust

But if you want to get it right go with...     Mount Pan-Oh-Rah-Mah  😉

Morning guys.  It's race day! :)

This is the first sprint round and it will follow the same format as off-season sprints.  1x15 minute qualifying, with 2x30 minute races; with the result of qualifying determining the grid order for both races.

image.png.8276a6487a564cb2dc1f7b96797ac8c3.png

20 minutes ago, Meers said:

tumblr_mdny9iIqtS1racybko1_250.gif

We have Bathurst coming up in the enduro calendar in 3 months I think. I want to be able to average 2:02 race pace. Still a lot of work to do... And even thats still second or more behind aliens.

• davejm changed the title to Assetto Corsa Competizione | Next Thursday: Zolder Sprint