Assetto Corsa Competizione - PC Race Night Thu

well that escalated quickly, I thought I'd have a day or two yet before my turn came around! I wanted to pick somewhere I've not been yet, so given all the choices so far, that leaves Hungaroring and Bathurst. Jeez, from a quick look at an onboard lap video they each look a bit of a nightmare for different reasons. Hmm! Let me think on it a little longer.

Also, being the 90 min 2-stopper I think it might be fun to add some rain to the mix for just part of the race. Would low chance high variability hit that do we think? Although if it does end up being Australia I think I'd make it no rain at all just so we don't suffer too many race-enders in that walled-in section. Maybe just back to Imola but in the GT3s since I still won't have done that yet.

Yeah, I'm not great at decisions. Really bad at peer group pressure too, if anyone wants to try and bribe me by 'accidentally giving up a position in the race' sometime :)

alright ONE DECISION, we'll have a 10am start.

7 minutes ago, milko said:

well that escalated quickly, I thought I'd have a day or two yet before my turn came around! I wanted to pick somewhere I've not been yet, so given all the choices so far, that leaves Hungaroring and Bathurst. Jeez, from a quick look at an onboard lap video they each look a bit of a nightmare for different reasons. Hmm! Let me think on it a little longer.

Also, being the 90 min 2-stopper I think it might be fun to add some rain to the mix for just part of the race. Would low chance high variability hit that do we think? Although if it does end up being Australia I think I'd make it no rain at all just so we don't suffer too many race-enders in that walled-in section. Maybe just back to Imola but in the GT3s since I still won't have done that yet.

Yeah, I'm not great at decisions. Really bad at peer group pressure too, if anyone wants to try and bribe me by 'accidentally giving up a position in the race' sometime :)

I like Bathurst :)  Although if you don't choose it for the season-ender, we could do an off-season GT4 race there either this Thursday or next. 

it seems to split opinion rather, I'm going to have to drive it just to see what's causing so much feeling. Perhaps with the narrow roads it'd be more suited to a GT4 day.

11 minutes ago, milko said:

Bathurst!! Bathurst!! Bathurst!!

10 minutes ago, milko said:

Also, being the 90 min 2-stopper I think it might be fun to add some rain to the mix for just part of the race. Would low chance high variability hit that do we think?

I think that's the config that would give the most chance of that, yeah.  We could also dial up the time multiplier too (to 6x maybe?).  This would help the chances of rain even if we set the base cloud and rain levels quite low.

Just now, davejm said:

I think that's the config that would give the most chance of that, yeah.  We could also dial up the time multiplier too (to 6x maybe?).  This would help the chances of rain even if we set the base cloud and rain levels quite low.

Sounds good, yes. These 90 minute races feel like they take hours for me anyway ;-)

actually I could do Monza - last time out I spent the week practicing and then lost internet on race night so I couldn't play! Unfinished mid-table business.

Thanks for getting that image @Valver I was just deciding I was too lazy to do the same :D

I did quite enjoy our race there but I think it was one of my first ever with the game.

I would have picked two of the other circuits anyway.

@SharkyOB as you've been itching for Bathurst do you wanna choose GT3 or GT4?  I'd be up for going GT4 for the next three weeks including the season opener.  Would be a good chance to really get used to the class for the new season.

15 hours ago, willmill said:

I'll go for a track I don't remember us ever racing on before, so I'll go Laguna Seca in the afternoon and evening, clear and no variability. 

We raced on it in season 1 I think...in the rain. It wasn't very popular combo so it never got picked again (or it was pure coincidence, not sure).

Anyway, great pick, I love Laguna!

37 minutes ago, Meers said:

We raced on it in season 1 I think...in the rain. It wasn't very popular combo so it never got picked again (or it was pure coincidence, not sure).

Anyway, great pick, I love Laguna!

It was picked again later.  I missed that first rainy race, but we used it for a league race at one point.  I quite liked it from what I recall.

9 minutes ago, davejm said:

Bathurst practice times... I'm rubbish in the GT4s :D

image.png.3c9bba4e0cba2a78762ec9751ae11680.png

So am I, especially slow corners seem to take forever compared to GT3s. I should be able to shave away that 0.581 when I dont carry damage or have a wall contact :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Erik said:

So am I, especially slow corners seem to take forever compared to GT3s. I should be able to shave away that 0.581 when I dont carry damage or have a wall contact :rolleyes:

Yeah, for some reason you can hit the right side wall (on the first left-hander at the top of the mountain) without invalidating the lap; so my time there was set after scraping that wall and with some damage from the previous.  Gonna be a really challenging night!

I think I have hit all the walls without invalidating a lap. :P Sometimes if you hit the right part invalidates, sometimes not. I tend to hit the outside wall of turn 5, the final right before the long left handers on the mountain.

Hi everybody. Had a great race last time at Zolder with some of you guys looking forward to what you have planned this season and I love me some GT4s, it seems like there's a lot of interest here for them.

1 hour ago, EuroVapeSim2 said:

Hi everybody. Had a great race last time at Zolder with some of you guys looking forward to what you have planned this season and I love me some GT4s, it seems like there's a lot of interest here for them.

I also really enjoyed that race with the PowerQ guys.  Glad you and @Erik have found your way here - the more racers on each grid the better!  Welcome - I look forward to finding I'm  2 seconds slower than you too  :lol:

1 hour ago, EuroVapeSim2 said:

Good to see you here.  Feel free to dip into any races that you fancy... we have some off season GT4 racing this week (at Bathurst) and next week (at Hungaroring) and then the new season will start.  Here's what the schedule for season 5 is looking like...

image.thumb.png.36a30f83b2202425ed1731559bc0c9f6.png

For the GT4 sprint rounds we will have 2x 25 minute races with a short 5 minute hot qualifying session for each.

For the GT3 endurance rounds we will have a 60 minute race with one mandatory pitstop (for fuel or tyres) and a 15 minute qualifying session.

For the final GT3 endurance we will have a 90 minute race with two mandatory pitstops and the grid order is determined from timings during the week.

We start the first qualifying session at 8:15pm with a couple hours practice before.

@Valver I'm not very fast either, I really only know a handful of tracks and I try to focus on clean driving rather than pure speed.

@davejm Is this weeks Bathurst tomorrow? I might jump into that depending how some practice goes for me this evening. I've only driven the track in PC2 so I know the general layout but no clue how it will be in ACC.