IGNORED

Assetto Corsa Competizione | rllmuk GT World Challenge Season 10 Round 2 @ Zolder

davejm

35 minutes ago, DjScream3 said:

Well I'm already inside! In the end I have chosen the Ferrari 🏎️

At the time of the race I will enter into discord but I will not speak, I will listen to you. 🙊

🏆

Sorry if I'm being Captain Obvious (tm), but the rllmuk practice server that's up now, *isn't* the server that we race on later.  You need to join the simracing.gp one once the event timer fires it up...

I'd hate for you to miss the start of the fun by being in the practice server all night.  

Good luck later!

8 minutes ago, Valver said:

Sorry if I'm being Captain Obvious (tm), but the rllmuk practice server that's up now, *isn't* the server that we race on later.  You need to join the simracing.gp one once the event timer fires it up...

I'd hate for you to miss the start of the fun by being in the practice server all night.  

Good luck later!

Interesting, did not know! the server address appears on the web then?

20 minutes ago, davejm said:

Hey chaps... any thoughts on a race for the mid-season break?  (1st July)

There's been talk of using simracing.gp for Assetto Corsa races, but I'm wondering if we could use that week to reach back out to the Power Q guys for another multi-class ACC race?  This would simultaneously help increase the size of the SGP community; and hopefully help bring a few more folk over to the forum for league racing.  If we do another multi-class, what would be a good track?  I was thinking Suzuka as we're not using it for this season.

I had great fun at the Zolder multiclass race which was also my introduction here, I'd definitely be up for another one. I've never driven Suzuka so I like that idea, the chaos of Bathurst could also be a wild one in multiclass but maybe a bit too messy. 

3 minutes ago, DjScream3 said:

Interesting, did not know! the server address appears on the web then?

Once the simracing.gp server is up (after 7pm UK time), you can search for "rllmuk" in the ACC server browser and you'll see the race server also appears...  just join that one rather than the full time practice server.

The full name is given on the simracing.gp race properties page if you need it (https://beta.simracing.gp/events/15F53df_i-jK6ZkpW-PzN) and will be called

"simracing.gp | rllmuk Racing | Season 5 Round 4 @ Kyalami #1CCE6"

16 minutes ago, Valver said:

Una vez que el servidor simracing.gp esté activo (después de las 7 pm, hora del Reino Unido), puede buscar "rllmuk" en el navegador del servidor ACC y verá que el servidor de carreras también aparece ... solo únase a ese en lugar de la práctica de tiempo completo servidor.

El nombre completo se proporciona en la página de propiedades de la carrera simracing.gp si lo necesita ( https://beta.simracing.gp/events/15F53df_i-jK6ZkpW-PzN ) y se llamará

"simracing.gp | rllmuk Racing | Temporada 5 Ronda 4 @ Kyalami # 1CCE6"

ok, thanks for the info!!!

Hi guys. Sorry for been quiet all these days. Last night it was the first time my hand didn't feel sore after work.. I do repetitive bench work with tools that require to be held tightly so all these days I have taking a break of any sort of gaming after work.

With no homework done this week. And with no idea of Kyalami I think it's better to give it a pass for this week only. 

I have not lost any interest. Quite the opposite I am feeling a bit jealous and looking forward training for the next race. Whats the next track? Is there a calendar of the season?

This photo summarises my week after my first race! 

IMG_20210617_123236.jpg

On 16/06/2021 at 06:52, Meers said:

Ugh. Only one hour of practice last night and it wasn't good. Got no time tonight either so I'm going in cold this week.

At least I got my setup sorted and the car handles nicely. Going to play the consistency game on this one.

I stare at this post as I have just gotten in from work, thinking that I have to do a workout before cooking and eating and then finally starting my first couple of practice laps of the week just before quali starts and I get the false hope that I could maybe take Meers in the race. 

Also how do people in VR handle discord? I wanted last week to respond but I obviously have nothing setup to allow voice to be sent. I guess push to talk on a button on the wheel? 

Double also, is there a way to save liveries? Cause obviously it's GT3 this week so it'll wipe my sweet GT4 paint job that I already can't remember 

13 minutes ago, SweatyTravolta said:

I stare at this post as I have just gotten in from work, thinking that I have to do a workout before cooking and eating and then finally starting my first couple of practice laps of the week just before quali starts and I get the false hope that I could maybe take Meers in the race. 

Also how do people in VR handle discord? I wanted last week to respond but I obviously have nothing setup to allow voice to be sent. I guess push to talk on a button on the wheel? 

Double also, is there a way to save liveries? Cause obviously it's GT3 this week so it'll wipe my sweet GT4 paint job that I already can't remember 

Yep, push to talk button on the wheel.

Although you won't be able to copy and paste the GT4 livery exactly, I think it saves your most recently used colours on the picker so should be quite easy to recreate something similar.  You don't get many options with the in-game editor anyway.

14 minutes ago, SweatyTravolta said:

I stare at this post as I have just gotten in from work, thinking that I have to do a workout before cooking and eating and then finally starting my first couple of practice laps of the week just before quali starts and I get the false hope that I could maybe take Meers out in the race. 

FTFY 😏

also push to talk on wheel, yep.

23 minutes ago, daifuco said:

Hi guys. Sorry for been quiet all these days. Last night it was the first time my hand didn't feel sore after work.. I do repetitive bench work with tools that require to be held tightly so all these days I have taking a break of any sort of gaming after work.

With no homework done this week. And with no idea of Kyalami I think it's better to give it a pass for this week only. 

I have not lost any interest. Quite the opposite I am feeling a bit jealous and looking forward training for the next race. Whats the next track? Is there a calendar of the season?

IMG_20210617_123236.jpg

Ah I hope it doesn't hinder the racing too much in future weeks!  If you go to the sgp events page you can see all the races in date order...

https://beta.simracing.gp/communities/yhRbHTPRAZwJqbJakJneM#events

Zandvoort in the GT4s next week.

7 minutes ago, davejm said:

Yep, push to talk button on the wheel.

Although you won't be able to copy and paste the GT4 livery exactly, I think it saves your most recently used colours on the picker so should be quite easy to recreate something similar.  You don't get many options with the in-game editor anyway.

I meant when I go back to use the Alpine. It'll have wiped the livery right?

44 minutes ago, daifuco said:

IMG_20210617_123236.jpg

Is it just me or does this picture look like an injured hand reaching for a gun?

53 minutes ago, winky said:

FTFY 😏

also push to talk on wheel, yep.

You do realise now that I'm going to be focusing so hard on making this not happen that it's now an enivitability. 

If anyone can chuck some overly cautious fuel estimates for the Ferrari Evo my way It'd be much appreciated. 

12 minutes ago, SweatyTravolta said:

If anyone can chuck some overly cautious fuel estimates for the Ferrari Evo my way It'd be much appreciated. 

107 or so should be safe for the race including formation lap even if you use map 1

Unfortunate one for me tonight. Bumped @Erik at the start and when wanting to give the place back, I thought he had spun towards the back so I gave myself a last to first challenge by accident 😅 recovered well up to P3 but then the internet disconnected, putting me dead last again so I ragequit. Sorry for not saying goodbye to all but just a bit too frustrated at that. Second race in a row now as well where it disconnects from the server even though I have solid ethernet and no other internet issues... 

oh well it is what is. Congrats to the podium guys and see ya next week :)

incredible having 18 cars going on, what a race. That's very unlucky @texlex45. I somehow turned in a PB for qualifying for fourth, felt like @SneakyNinja in disguise! 

I got bashed up the back a little bit in one of the opening melees, that dropped me back into the field but was having a brilliant time, it's so cool when there's five cars battling at once, if a little frightening. I don't know if the bash did any damage but I was having real traction trouble on two exits where I was normally ok afterwards. That started costing me time a little bit. Accidentally bashed @Valver on the hilltop hairpin, sorry dude you were a lot slower than I expected/I was a lot quicker than usual and I locked up. Later I got into a very heavy smack into the wall just before the pit entrance - even though I hadn't eaten the sausage! Since I was there I got it fixed, took about 1m30 so that was the race more or less done with in terms of points, but my traction was a lot better after that. Just had a couple of concentration lapses out of loneliness, almost caught up with @winky by the end, well I did really, but then immediately spannered a gearchange and lost the time again.

Damn this track, it's so entertaining but not easy!

Had great fun racing tonight even if it wasn't the cleanest race I had, result wasn't bad considering that 1st lap mayhem and contact later on.

Had some great racing against @SharkyOB @Meers & @Valver was in the mix as well, I still definitely still have a lot to learn about proper race craft and I feel I'm getting a bit better with every race. I need to stop making contact with sharky in the races, it's becoming a bad habit of mine. Thanks to everyone here for being great to race against and to learn with in a chill environment.

I'm excited for next week GT4s at zandvoort, it will be a home race for me as there's no Irish tracks and I live in the Netherlands now. 

38 minutes ago, texlex45 said:

Unfortunate one for me tonight. Bumped @Erik at the start and when wanting to give the place back, I thought he had spun towards the back so I gave myself a last to first challenge by accident 😅 recovered well up to P3 but then the internet disconnected, putting me dead last again so I ragequit. Sorry for not saying goodbye to all but just a bit too frustrated at that. Second race in a row now as well where it disconnects from the server even though I have solid ethernet and no other internet issues... 

oh well it is what is. Congrats to the podium guys and see ya next week :)

You could try to share connection from your cellphone, maybe that would be more stable?

Horrible reaction at start by me then overshot T1. T4 we had the tiniest contact to my rear and it was enough to break the grip as I was already oversteering into the corner. Fortunately I didnt spin, instead I had a massive slide and then hit the wall on the inside. Lap 2 I found myself P2 with Santos ahead pulling away. I went full tyre conserving mode just trying to stay with him. He had very good pace in the mid 42s and even if I didnt have damage he may have been able to stay ahead. About 12 laps into the race our gap stabilized around 9-10 seconds. After halfway point he pit and I stayed out to try to make use of clean air and relatively good tyres that I had overpressurized a bit at the start and were now still above 27 PSI despite it getting dark and colder. Somehow it worked and despite the horrible pitstop I won over 15 seconds in the final 18 or so laps to finish first.

edit: here is my pretty messy pole lap of 1:40.881: https://streamable.com/wvg8a8

6 minutes ago, davejm said:

Apologies for our contact @EuroVapeSim2!  I tagged you and sent you sideways, but I managed to nudge the front of your car to send you back the right way and I think it worked :D  Hope it didn't cause too much aero damage!

I completely forgot about that, I wasn't even sure who tagged me when it happened but I just remember ending up straight again and continuing on. I somehow managed to escape any real damage from contacts with other cars, so no worries. Well the crew chief said nothing but I did end up off the track in the esses later on and rolled headon into the wall, this made my lights flash or completely turn off under heavy braking which made the last 20 minutes of racing and seeing apexes tricky.

I bloody love Kyalami! :wub:

I put in a personal best in the practice session, and then beat it again in Qualifying to nab 7th position on the grid - which I was really happy about

Got a decent start and capitalised on others having incidents ahead and ended up running 3rd!  I knew it wouldn't/couldn't last, and sure enough the natural order resumed as the faster guys caught me up.  I dropped a few places and settled into running, I think, 5th?   Then a few laps later I made an unforced error, went wide,  and that allowed a mid pack group to catch me up - next thing I know @milko clattered into me and span me out onto the grass, just as I was breaking for the Leeukop hairpin.  

Lucky I was on push to talk because I was furious and swearing like a fucking sailor :lol:

I mentally regrouped, and managed to bash out some half-decent consistent laps and had a really solid mid part of the race.  I'd fuelled  long, so by the time I pitted I was up (artificially) into 3rd again.  I lost a couple of positions while in the pits, but came out behind Dave in 6th, and managed to hold the gap front and back to finish 5th due to @texlex45 's unfortunate connection woes.

Some great mid pack racing.  Overall brilliant result, so I'm having a beer to celebrate my *almost a podium* finish 🍺 

Congrats to our winner, and nice to see so many drivers tonight!

I'll post the race Highlight vids later...

• davejm changed the title to Assetto Corsa Competizione | rllmuk GT World Challenge Season 10 Round 2 @ Zolder