IGNORED

Assetto Corsa Competizione | rllmuk GT World Challenge Season 10 Round 2 @ Zolder

davejm

5 hours ago, mrben09 said:

It's coming home and all that. Talking of which, congrats to @SANtoOos for whom it could also be coming home in the Copa America. Assuming Messi has his usual average (international) game for the opposition. 

Haha thanks! Congrats to you too, I'll be supporting England tonight, but, assuming you get to the final, it will be tougher as my family comes from Italy :eyebrows:

4 hours ago, Erik said:

Some cars like Bentley dont have track specific presets and need more work... but I still find that the more I work on it the more I like aggressive preset. Might as well use it, just adjust couple of things to personal likings.

I think that's the same with a lot of cars afaik. Sharky said his Nissan used the same presets for many tracks and I was complaining last season about my Lexus having the same aggressive preset in most tracks, felt good in most but terrible in one or two. Would make sense as Aris would want to find a versatile setup that fits most people/conditions.

8 minutes ago, Count Buffalos said:

How do I use Sim Grid to see and then register for the race?

It's not sim grid, it's simracing.gp.

Community page here:-

https://beta.simracing.gp/communities/yhRbHTPRAZwJqbJakJneM

.. but, you're already registered for the races (they are 'closed' events so I had to add everyone manually).  So you don't have to do anything other than turn up and find the server.  You can see the server name on the event page.

9 minutes ago, Count Buffalos said:

Thanks Dave, good job you cleared that up for me!

Is it a one hour race?

Yep, GT3 races are one hour races this season. GT4 races are 2 races of 30 minutes each.

4 hours ago, Meers said:

Managed a whole second faster last night. But then again, you probably did too @Erik:P

Yeah well done, this track is difficult enough in the dry... I fear it'll be a race of attrition but I hope everyone will finish even if they need to do repairs. I had 2:25.8 in the laptime prediction 5 or so times, but always made a mistake in Stavelot or bus stop. Some corners in the middle sector are very difficult to carry speed through for me

I couldn't tune out the understeer that I was complaining about, so I went back to my original tune and blamed it on the wet track surface. Turns out that braking a bit earlier does wonders!

Apologies - pretty sure I have asked this before but I picked up ACC a few months back and have never really fired it up.  Its time to change that and have a go with the T300.  Where do I start and how do I get involved in time trials etc with you guys? thanks.

42 minutes ago, Parappa said:

Apologies - pretty sure I have asked this before but I picked up ACC a few months back and have never really fired it up.  Its time to change that and have a go with the T300.  Where do I start and how do I get involved in time trials etc with you guys? thanks.

I'll try and post up some general tips when I get some time; and I'm sure the other guys will likely oblige with some links to useful info  :)

In the meantime, check out this thread:-

https://www.rllmukforum.com/index.php?/topic/322295-rllmuk-racing-at-simracinggp-our-sim-racing-hub-for-assetto-corsa-competizione-and-raceroom/

... that page will explain how to sign up for simracing.gp which is the platform we use for hosting races; but I wouldn't worry too much about that for now if you're just getting started and want to practice/time trial.  If you check out the section 'Using the Assetto Corsa Competizione Practice Server' as that explains how to get hold of your Steam ID so I can add you to the entrylist for the practice server.  That'll mean you can join that practice server which is open 24/7 for practicing or time trialing :)

Meanwhile, it's worth just playing around with single player modes to get a feel for the game.  And then once I've added you to the server entrylist you can play around with joining the server etc :)

7 minutes ago, davejm said:

I'll try and post up some general tips when I get some time; and I'm sure the other guys will likely oblige with some links to useful info  :)

In the meantime, check out this thread:-

https://www.rllmukforum.com/index.php?/topic/322295-rllmuk-racing-at-simracinggp-our-sim-racing-hub-for-assetto-corsa-competizione-and-raceroom/

... that page will explain how to sign up for simracing.gp which is the platform we use for hosting races; but I wouldn't worry too much about that for now if you're just getting started and want to practice/time trial.  If you check out the section 'Using the Assetto Corsa Competizione Practice Server' as that explains how to get hold of your Steam ID so I can add you to the entrylist for the practice server.  That'll mean you can join that practice server which is open 24/7 for practicing or time trialing :)

Meanwhile, it's worth just playing around with single player modes to get a feel for the game.  And then once I've added you to the server entrylist you can play around with joining the server etc :)

Oh this is great thank you! will pm you my steam ID ! 

Nice to see you joining the league, Parappa! Don't hesitate to join the races right away mate, it's the best way to learn the ropes. We're all clean drivers and communication during the races is excellent (through Discord).

Nice to see you getting involved @Parappa :)  I see you've joined simracing.gp.  The league races each Thursday are set as 'closed' which means I have to add people manually; so let me know if/when you feel like joining and what car you're choosing.  As @Meers pointed out, there's no better way than getting straight into it but I can understand if a rainy Spa isn't the time; or if you want to get more practice in first.  Either way, gimme a shout when you want adding to the Thursday races.  Will be good to have you.

2 minutes ago, davejm said:

Nice to see you getting involved @Parappa :)  I see you've joined simracing.gp.  The league races each Thursday are set as 'closed' which means I have to add people manually; so let me know if/when you feel like joining and what car you're choosing.  As @Meers pointed out, there's no better way than getting straight into it but I can understand if a rainy Spa isn't the time; or if you want to get more practice in first.  Either way, gimme a shout when you want adding to the Thursday races.  Will be good to have you.

Thanks mate - I will stick some practice in this week and see how we go for next week.  Will I need to buy all the DLC? - I have picked up the British one and kinda wish now I had just purchased the lot!

Next week is GT4 @ Laguna Seca; so yeah you'd need both the GT4 DLC and Intercontinental GT DLC packs there.

The week after is GT3 @ Monza so no DLC required for that.

After that it's the end of the season, so nothing planned as yet, but we usually do incorporate most of the DLC related content into the racing so it's worth getting.  They're still 40%-50% off on Steam at the moment.

Heads up chaps... the in-game time of the race is 17:00 but the practice server (up to now) has been 14:00.  I've adjusted the practice session start for both the practice server, and the pre-race practice session, so they're also now 17:00 to give us time to get those pressures adjusted.  Any setup you have from practice so far should be good for qualifying; but will need adjusting for the race session :)

@Parappa I wrote a little 'getting started' guide that might help, a while ago:

Basically because after getting started myself I found it a fairly bewildering amount of things to learn just to get to a reasonable state (it is impossible that I will ever learn everything about this stuff).

Looking forward to tonight - thanks to the footy and work (which is often also the footy) I have not had enough practice.

Sorry, gave up. Got wiped out when there was a first lap crash in front, somehow managed to come off the worst with a damaged car and was stuck at the back lapping 7 sec off my average. Couldn’t get close to shifting out of 5th at the fast bits. Should have pitted earlier but mental gymnastics of calculating fuel stuffed my already poor times then a 1:20 pit stop put me back further.

Just gave up as I had work I can do to free up my weekend.

@winky sorry then - that was my first lap crash, I was trying to let @Count Buffalos by on the outside since he was going faster and the car just slid out a tiny bit which meant contact and we spun. I'm not sure if I could've changed much about that one as lift off oversteer would've likely spun me if I'd done more. I started the race with too much TC, trying to be careful but it was counterproductive I think, everyone was all over me on corner exits in that first lap.

Dropping the TC then I found some pace after that and was going along quite nicely for a bit, then touched a Bad Kerb and hit the wall. Fixed the aero but had to drive for the last 40 minutes with the steering off so my hands were at about 10 and 4 o'clock to go in a straight line. Which made everything even trickier (hands upside-down to get around La Source!), but even then I settled down into something reasonable considering (about 2m30 a lap)... and then in the closing two laps I touched a Bad Astro and hit the wall, etc and so on. 

Sorry to everyone that my fuckups affected, which I think is probably a few of you. One of those weeks when I think maybe I should've just seen what was coming and missed the race so I don't ruin anybody else's, but then I qualified 8th with a PB for the conditions and thought I'd maybe got the hang of it. Bah. Sorry :(

Sorry you had a bad night @winky and @milko.  I did too, but was fortunate that the scrapes I had with peeps didn't affect them too badly.

Disappointing night to have had the pace to do much better, but due to some mistakes ended up in 9th.  Had an awesome middle part of the race with a decent over-cut on @Meers and @SneakyNinja; then was chasing @EuroVapeSim2 but didn't lift early enough on Eau Rouge and hit his rear :(  Gutted as I was flying at that point.  I'm thankful I didn't ruin your race dude!

Learnt a valuable lesson about VR though.  Turn the lights on!! :D

7 minutes ago, milko said:

@winky sorry then - that was my first lap crash, I was trying to let @Count Buffalos by on the outside since he was going faster and the car just slid out a tiny bit which meant contact and we spun. I'm not sure if I could've changed much about that one as lift off oversteer would've likely spun me if I'd done more. I started the race with too much TC, trying to be careful but it was counterproductive I think, everyone was all over me on corner exits in that first lap.

Dropping the TC then I found some pace after that and was going along quite nicely for a bit, then touched a Bad Kerb and hit the wall. Fixed the aero but had to drive for the last 40 minutes with the steering off so my hands were at about 10 and 4 o'clock to go in a straight line. Which made everything even trickier (hands upside-down to get around La Source!), but even then I settled down into something reasonable considering (about 2m30 a lap)... and then in the closing two laps I touched a Bad Astro and hit the wall, etc and so on. 

Sorry to everyone that my fuckups affected, which I think is probably a few of you. One of those weeks when I think maybe I should've just seen what was coming and missed the race so I don't ruin anybody else's, but then I qualified 8th with a PB for the conditions and thought I'd maybe got the hang of it. Bah. Sorry :(

Mate no worries, I think I could have missed it if I was sharper. I was definitely not having a go at you - shit happens, and it’s only a matter of time until I do it to someone. (Hopefully not!)

it’s been a bad week with England qualifying for euros final 😛

@winky ah, didn't take it that way no worries on that, just always feels bad when you inadvertently mess up someone's race innit. I think I got in @Count Buffalos way more than once, I suppose I could say we're quits for a Donington race ages ago now mate 😜 (but no, I'm annoyed with myself still and sorry)

Gonna get a beer!

More pissed at myself, if I had backed off more not only could I have not ended up with no damage but also could have not spun out and ten seconds behind. Apart from that I was pretty consistent (didn’t spin out) so that’s a lesson for me @milko

• davejm changed the title to Assetto Corsa Competizione | rllmuk GT World Challenge Season 10 Round 2 @ Zolder