IGNORED

Assetto Corsa Competizione | Rollcall! 2.4 hours of Spa team Endurance

davejm

Two horrible qualifyings for me with some bad luck with the traffic, I was much quicker in race!! Congrats to Tex for getting both poles!

Race 1 Tex ahead of me made a mistake and spun in the corkscrew, gifting me P1 and race win. Happy about my pace in race 1, I probably averaged around 1:31.1 or so and got fastest lap with 1:30.4. Race 2 I managed to overtake Santos at the start and then maintain position. My tyres and pressures were good and conditions were much colder than race 1 so I was surprised to find myself missing apexes, sliding all over the place and in general being slow. Towards the end I started matching Tex ahead and the gap wasnt too bad. I'll take P1 and P2 from my first Laguna Seca event. 8-)

OK, I'm back with the video highlights after missing last weeks session.

I had a great night.  My pace was much better on the night than during practice.  I qualified pretty nicely, and in both races I got great starts and made up places. 

For Race 1 I was even hanging on to 3rd place up until about lap 12.  Lots of action.  A few bumps and a few places lost and then regained.  It was great fun.

Race 2 was less action packed - but I got a better end result.  Nice.

Race 1 - sorry about the thumbnail @texlex45 😉

Race 2:

8 hours ago, Erik said:

And @Meers, mr consistency and lucky number seven:

meers.png.cce9d8ae17b63741a479630b3c497442.png

🤷‍♂️ That's me!

8 hours ago, Valver said:

You're only 2 points ahead of me @Meers!  I'm coming for you!!  🏎️

Well with the probability of having to miss the last race due to packing for our holiday, I think you will! :ph34r:

Morning all.  Hope you had a fun night.  Congrats to @Erik and @texlex45 on the race wins! :)

The server is now configured for Monza Qualifying.   Next week's race is a 1.5 endurance with 2x mandatory pit stops, so to keep the schedule relatively unhindered; the times set on the server from now until Thursday at 6pm will form the grid positions.

Server is set to have 'fixed qualifying conditions'; which means the temps will not evolve during the session.  You'll see time of day visual variation, but no temp changes.

Who wants to lay down an early marker?

1 hour ago, Meers said:

Well with the probability of having to miss the last race due to packing for our holiday, I think you will! :ph34r:

Aw, that's unfortunate Meers.  I had to miss last week, so it sort of evens out...

34 minutes ago, davejm said:

The server is now configured for Monza Qualifying.

Who wants to lay down an early marker?

Going to have a go at it just to be sure.

5 minutes ago, Valver said:

Aw, that's unfortunate Meers.  I had to miss last week, so it sort of evens out...

Yeah but next race is more points!

10 hours ago, Valver said:

Race 1 - sorry about the thumbnail @texlex45 😉

Hahaha perfect timing 😉

A tale of two races for me. First one obviously ruined by my own mistake (you're welcome for the gift @Erik 😄)  and then had severe damage on the rear, so I was playing ACC Tokyo Drift for a little while until I decided to call it quits and save my concentration and energy for the 2nd race.

2nd race was a whole lot smoother and my pace was strong. Was quite surprised at the gap I was able to build but @SANtoOos and @Erik were battling behind so could take full advantage of that. 

Overall a nice way to end the season for me since I'll be in sunny Sardinia next week ☀️ 😎 🍹. Just wanted to say thank you to @davejm for the invite to this great community and for organizing the servers / simracingGP! It's been brilliant practicing, racing and chatting with you all over the last weeks. Not sure how much I will be able to participate in the next season as I start a poor work-life balance internship in September. But will try to make as many races as possible 😄

Season 6 news

I'm currently planning on a schedule that would see Season 6 start on 27th August which would mean 4 off-season weeks to do some fun AC and ACC racing.  It would also give us plenty of time to sort out any changes to the format and a track list for the new season.

In the meantime I've scheduled in a 1950s Formula 1 race @ Bremgarten for the first off-season week (29th August - subject to the core AC players being available for that date).  It'd be great to get as many of the ACC'ers over to these fun AC races as possible.  Happy to help out with getting the relevant mods installed too, as I know that might be a barrier...

Factoring in 4 off-season weeks I'd like to split this evenly between AC and ACC.  Any other ideas for ACC or AC races for the other weeks?  We could try again for the mixed class Suzuka race?  Maybe a Porsche Cup race night?  Any other ideas?

After Monza I also need to be away for some Thursdays.

One more idea - is it possible to configure SGP to ignore results of a driver's worst or 2 worst results in a championship or series, absences included? I know raceapp.eu has this feature. This would allow someone to be away for a race or two, or to have a disaster race, and still compete in the championship. It would be beneficial to attend to all races just to deny points from others, but a bad race or absence wouldnt matter much as long as theres just one or two.

1 minute ago, Erik said:

After Monza I also need to be away for some Thursdays.

One more idea - is it possible to configure SGP to ignore results of a driver's worst or 2 worst results in a championship or series, absences included? I know raceapp.eu has this feature. This would allow someone to be away for a race or two, or to have a disaster race, and still compete in the championship. It would be beneficial to attend to all races just to deny points from others, but a bad race or absence wouldnt matter much as long as theres just one or two.

Yes, it's possible to do that :) We actually did this during our first couple of seasons, so I'd be up for having this in place again.

basically we gotta keep enthusiasm for racing but make sure it's hype for the season start so we keep a nicely-sized grid. I wonder if there's any other communities that wouldn't mind a crossover single race that we can recruit from afterwards.

4 minutes ago, milko said:

basically we gotta keep enthusiasm for racing but make sure it's hype for the season start so we keep a nicely-sized grid. I wonder if there's any other communities that wouldn't mind a crossover single race that we can recruit from afterwards.

As long as we have a test session with a cut off lap time. Anyone quicker than that isn't allowed to join ;) 

Great racing last night guys. Really enjoyed race 1 but race 2 I had a weird game freeze which resulted in a totalled car 3 mins needed for repairs so I didn’t rejoin.

great replays again too @Valver

in race ace one I did a fab overtake two cars spun in front of me and I weaved though kept me smiling for ages 

19 hours ago, Erik said:

Your best sectors, from different sessions, together make 1:48.570. Some practice, smooth driving and you'll get there and lower. :)

You were right @Erik.  Just managed a low 1:48 and I still can't work out how to take T1 so plenty of time left on track.

image.thumb.png.3cabed77edc08e0c1641b6c32b017211.png

Did some good laps with a full tank too; but was messing around with my brake bias too much so it was a bit of an inconsistent run really.  That 'average lap' time needs to come down considerably, which will be the focus of my practice now.

EDIT: Couldn't resist another qualifying run and got into the 1:47s

• davejm changed the title to Assetto Corsa Competizione | Rollcall! 2.4 hours of Spa team Endurance