Jump to content

Assetto Corsa Competizione | Season 11 | Final Round @ Silverstone


davejm
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Erik said:

@winky heres that McLaren setup. I tested it briefly and to be honest its probably not better or faster than what you now have, but it might be a bit easier to handle. :)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QISXKe03AIvEjxfX31C1KBszYSgA32Mx/view?usp=sharing

 

@SharkyOB we did a Imola endurance race some time ago in the Nissan where I tried to make a setup that wouldnt die when touching kerbs. Try this, it handles very differently compared to aggressive preset and you might like it. I turned couple of laps to fix pressures for Monza and did a 1:48 with some mistakes and wrong pressures, so it should have potential for very fast laptimes. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wOrpbEVkFE_k_k_Ty3zHXcWFhC0s5k5a/view?usp=sharing

Thanks @Erik, I want to tinker tonight with mid corner understeer and soften fast bump and bump for attacking Ascari. 
 

will then give it a try and see how they compare.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Erik said:

@SharkyOB we did a Imola endurance race some time ago in the Nissan where I tried to make a setup that wouldnt die when touching kerbs. Try this, it handles very differently compared to aggressive preset and you might like it. I turned couple of laps to fix pressures for Monza and did a 1:48 with some mistakes and wrong pressures, so it should have potential for very fast laptimes. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wOrpbEVkFE_k_k_Ty3zHXcWFhC0s5k5a/view?usp=sharing

 

Thanks very much Erik!  Hopefully I can get on tonight to give this a go 😀

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey peeps... we have a couple of guys from the Power Q Discord interested in joining us (and asked about racing Thursday).  Would it be a bad idea to allow them to race this week considering it's the final race with finishing positions on the line?   They've signed up to the forum already (pending mod approval etc).  I initially suggested they just keep a look out for future races but not sure if we should just welcome them in now?  What do you think?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, davejm said:

Hey peeps... we have a couple of guys from the Power Q Discord interested in joining us (and asked about racing Thursday).  Would it be a bad idea to allow them to race this week considering it's the final race with finishing positions on the line?   They've signed up to the forum already (pending mod approval etc).  I initially suggested they just keep a look out for future races but not sure if we should just welcome them in now?  What do you think?

Get them in

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, davejm said:

Yeah, we can always scrub them from the points scoring for this round.

 

Speaking of points... I'm going to do my best to update the leaderboard on friday morning before we leave for our holiday. Bringing the laptop with me anyway so I can build the season 6 sheet during the kids' nap time in the afternoons. :eyebrows:

 

7 minutes ago, davejm said:

 

I had a dream that you got into the 1:46s :D  Shows how obsessed with this game I am!

 

Haha time for a break, mate! :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, winky said:

Sounds good, and we might meet more wierdos like @Erik and @texlex45 😛

 

Just joking! If anyone who joins your league is half as awesome as these two it would be great.

 

@EuroVapeSim2 also came over from the Power Q Discord :) so it's been great to have done that cross community racing, as we've gained 3 awesome new peeps.  It's been great to have them!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've created two new 'open events' for the summer off-season...

 

image.png.5101f4fcf45ecb09fad3a5e5eeaee741.png 

 

A Porsche Cup race was discussed; so I've planned that for a couple of weeks time (after the AC Bremgarten race).  I chose Nurburgring mostly at random :D  That'll be 2x30 minute sprints.

 

The multi-class race is a resurrection of the plan from before; so I've created that with the same configuration that we'd discussed (90 minute endurance with in-week qualifying).  With this set for a few weeks time it means I can try to drum up some interest off-forum.  This race would be the last race before a new league season starts in September.

 

That would leave a couple of weeks gap (12th and 19th August) when I'm on holiday.  @Meers is also away, but @SharkyOB and @Valver are simracing.gp admins so they can create any events during those two weeks (AC or ACC).  Although if anyone has any requests I can create the events; even if I can't race. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sorry guys but no 1:46 this time. Its out there, best sectors together are 1:46.8, but that lap needs needs to be cleaner a lap than what I can do. Part of it is because the constant stutters and microfreezes I get and low frames which dont help when some brakings have to be meter perfect, but its mostly me. I couldnt improve earlier today, but then I had a small break and bang improved twice right away. This will have to do or I'll be lapping Monza all night. :D

 

Here is my provisional pole lap of 1:47.088. Notice how far from clean it is, I touch grass and sand 5 or 6 times, forget final downshift briefly for 2nd chicane and drift everywhere. 8-)

 

https://streamable.com/7nyn7m

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nice lap @Erik.  Similarly, I reckon I can get into the low-mid 1:47s if I string together the perfect lap; but I can't get there. 

 

I still can't take T1 very well.  If I look at your replay you've got a lot of steering angle to the right, and a dab on the throttle as you immediately turn left; but if I try all of that in a similar movement I make a right hash of it.  I just can't coordinate my inputs in the way that's required.  I struggle with Parabolica too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, davejm said:

Nice lap @Erik.  Similarly, I reckon I can get into the low-mid 1:47s if I string together the perfect lap; but I can't get there. 

 

I still can't take T1 very well.  If I look at your replay you've got a lot of steering angle to the right, and a dab on the throttle as you immediately turn left; but if I try all of that in a similar movement I make a right hash of it.  I just can't coordinate my inputs in the way that's required.  I struggle with Parabolica too.

 

Thanks. Steering angle used in T1-T2 is probably not comparable to Ferrari's, at least default steering rates. I've made the car run really low and Bentley has very long wheelbase so I need to turn a lot there. You will probably see mee steer much more than you in most if not all corners.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I managed to improve by 0.7secs or so tonight, mainly improving my line through the Ascari complex.  You can abuse the corners way more than I initially thought, but those bumps will occasionally spin me out - I think they hit the underside if I try and straddle them.   Anyhow, that's brought me into the 1.49s... just 🙂

 

I can feel there's time to be gained in the Lesmo's which I just cant seem to carry speed through consistently.  I'll get one right and be up 0.5s and then mess up the following one, or visa versa.  But I'm done for tonight, so that will have to be my time for the qualifying tomorrow.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Latest timings:-

image.png.f51621e6fdae09c700673049b71fda9c.png

 

Looks like a few people haven't set times, so I've changed the event time to start at 20:00 now (15 minute practice, before the race at 20:15).

 

So you now have until 19:45 on the qualifying server to set your time :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • davejm changed the title to Assetto Corsa Competizione | Season 11 | Final Round @ Silverstone

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.