Jump to content

Assetto Corsa Competizione | Season 11 | Final Round @ Silverstone


davejm
 Share

Recommended Posts

Well, tried to qualify for the LFM license again...but very late at night whilst squinting at the screen. Shouldn't have tried in the first place.

 

It's Zandvoort now, but the fastest time is 1.34:x, with the 105% limit being 1.39:1 (SA80 or SA95, doesn't matter). I was too tired to get consistently good laps, so I called it a night. I can tell you right away that qualifying for LFM is a bit more challenging than qualifying for RCI. I'll give it another try (earlier) tonight. I assume that without being qualified you can't partake in any races?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Meers said:

Well, tried to qualify for the LFM license again...but very late at night whilst squinting at the screen. Shouldn't have tried in the first place.

 

It's Zandvoort now, but the fastest time is 1.34:x, with the 105% limit being 1.39:1 (SA80 or SA95, doesn't matter). I was too tired to get consistently good laps, so I called it a night. I can tell you right away that qualifying for LFM is a bit more challenging than qualifying for RCI. I'll give it another try (earlier) tonight. I assume that without being qualified you can't partake in any races?

 

Thats only because the RCI enduro prequali had no maximum time. Just had to be within 107 % of ones own best lap in the same stint for a lap to count. I did the LFM quali couple of days ago just to get it out of the way and I can reconfirm that Zandvoort is my least favorite track together with Snetterton. Endless narrow right handers and going slightly off line puts you on gravel, disgusting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Meers said:

Well, tried to qualify for the LFM license again...but very late at night whilst squinting at the screen. Shouldn't have tried in the first place.

 

It's Zandvoort now, but the fastest time is 1.34:x, with the 105% limit being 1.39:1 (SA80 or SA95, doesn't matter). I was too tired to get consistently good laps, so I called it a night. I can tell you right away that qualifying for LFM is a bit more challenging than qualifying for RCI. I'll give it another try (earlier) tonight. I assume that without being qualified you can't partake in any races?

Me too. Problem being I cant even get sub 1.40 ! At one point though I thought I saw you. Didn't even think to look at the board to see if it was you ! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Erik said:

Thats only because the RCI enduro prequali had no maximum time. Just had to be within 107 % of ones own best lap in the same stint for a lap to count.

 

Yeah which makes it more about measuring against your own skills rather than someone else's.

 

4 minutes ago, Erik said:

I did the LFM quali couple of days ago just to get it out of the way and I can reconfirm that Zandvoort is my least favorite track together with Snetterton. Endless narrow right handers and going slightly off line puts you on gravel, disgusting.

 

I don't mind any track, as long as they're not walled-in street circuits (e.g. Monaco, Singapore, Pau, Long Beach et al). But despite Zandvoort being my home circuit, it's not one of my faves.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, mrben09 said:

Me too. Problem being I cant even get sub 1.40!

 

Me neither at first, until I tweaked my setup and did a couple of 1.38s. But because of tiredness I couldn't do it consistently.

 

3 minutes ago, mrben09 said:

At one point though I thought I saw you. Didn't even think to look at the board to see if it was you ! 

 

HqRGPAm.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, mrben09 said:

I was parked up changing settings and in my mirror I saw a Macca in your colours. "That looks like @Meers !!" Then promptly forgot to look at the driver board. 

 

If it was in the SA95 server and between 21:30 and 22:45h UK, then it may have been me indeed! 😅

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I did another LFM race last night, increased toe a bit more, softened the front arb and stiffened the rear, really made the car feel much better but no major laptime improvements. Qualifying went a bit better this time, started 9th and finished 6th. Had a fun last lap battle as well.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, EuroVapeSim2 said:

I did another LFM race last night, increased toe a bit more, softened the from arb and stiffened the rear, really made the car feel much better but no major laptime improvements. Qualifying went a bit better this time, started 9th and finished 6th. Had a fun last lap battle as well.

 

https://youtu.be/3L1PkRUJMmU

 

Nice one, mate! You have an ultrawide monitor, correct?

 

What's the deal with the ghosting effect behind your car though?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Meers said:

 

Nice one, mate! You have an ultrawide monitor, correct?

 

What's the deal with the ghosting effect behind your car though?

Yeah I'm on an ultrawide.

 

I have no idea what's causing the ghosting, it does happen during a race but it's almost unnoticeable when driving but when I look back at replays it's really noticeable. I first noticed it around the time FSR and DLSS was released. I thought it was scaling but it didn't change anything when playing around with those settings.

 

2 minutes ago, davejm said:

 

One of the AA modes causes this (KTAA?)

Ah OK I'll play around with these settings tonight!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Meers said:

Well, tried to qualify for the LFM license again...but very late at night whilst squinting at the screen. Shouldn't have tried in the first place.

 

It's Zandvoort now, but the fastest time is 1.34:x, with the 105% limit being 1.39:1 (SA80 or SA95, doesn't matter). I was too tired to get consistently good laps, so I called it a night. I can tell you right away that qualifying for LFM is a bit more challenging than qualifying for RCI. I'll give it another try (earlier) tonight. I assume that without being qualified you can't partake in any races?

 

Yeah, you need 1.39.106

 

I managed 1.39.107

 

Bah. Might try again over the weekend.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, davejm said:

One of the AA modes causes this (KTAA?)

 

Checked it to be sure - It's apparently caused by TAA mostly, according to the ACC Wiki:

  • TAA: Temporal Antialiasing. A core feature of Unreal Engine 4, it works by taking many samples of edge areas across several frames. The problem with it is that it produces a soft, blurry image along with ghosting artifacts. You can sharpen the picture with the following options: Advanced / Advanced Sharpen Filter and Image customization / sharpness.
  • KTAA : is a Kunos-edited version of TAA that cuts down on the ghosting artifacts (but doesn't remove it entirely).
  • FXAA : An older and much faster AA technique; the overall picture is shown sharper, but the edges are only very slightly smoothed.

It happens in my game as well when I try TAA, but not as much as in Cillian's video (maybe VFX in replays makes it worse?). KTAA reduces it a bit, but not much (on my system anyway). So that's why I use FXAA, which has no ghosting but lots of jaggies. Ugly as sin, but gives me good performance and a sharp image (if you like PS1 visuals).

 

 

13 minutes ago, mrben09 said:

Wasn't you then. Like I'm in the 95 lobby !

 

Well, then it must have been an imposter!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, SneakyNinja said:

 

Yeah, you need 1.39.106

 

I managed 1.39.107

 

Bah. Might try again over the weekend.

 

It's steep, isn't it? Wasn't like that before, when it was still on the Hungaroring.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Meers said:

 

It's steep, isn't it? Wasn't like that before, when it was still on the Hungaroring.

 

I was surprised when I did my first practice lap and was well into the 40's :) 

 

Even more annoying was the fact I was well on course with a load of mid to low 1.38's and stuffed the last lap :facepalm:

 

Didn't realise they cycle the circuit.. Might wait until it's a different one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, SneakyNinja said:

 

Yep, looks that way :) 

 

I'm on tonight (not sure what time though, I hope early on). Fancy a go together, Gaz? (assuming you can't race on Misano either because no license?)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Meers said:

 

I'm on tonight (not sure what time though, I hope early on). Fancy a go together, Gaz? (assuming you can't race on Misano either because no license?)

 

Sounds like a plan! Hope to see you there...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • davejm changed the title to Assetto Corsa Competizione | Season 11 | Final Round @ Silverstone

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.