IGNORED

Assetto Corsa Competizione | Season 14 Round 6 | GT3 Endurance @ Watkins Glen

davejm

52 minutes ago, Meers said:

You never had any problems with them before, have you?

We've had problems, we've been with them since June because it was £30 cheaper than sky and they promised similar if not a bit faster broadband, but since then I have had so many fucking problems with them and I'm absolutely fucking sick of it.

Hi guys, we're looking for one or two extra drivers for the 6-hour race around Indianapolis on the 15th (next week Saturday), for a minimum of 2 hours (2 stints). The race will run from ~12:00h until ~18:30h UK time.

Hugo and I will be driving the BMW M4 and do 3 hours each, but Nico is in dire need of 1 (preferably 2) drivers as he's alone due to his regular teammate dropping out. He's driving the Aston Martin V8. He's willing to drive for 4 hours, which is the maximum driving time per driver (hence needing driver(s) for the remaining 2 hours).

Hugo and Nico are expected to kick the race off with a double stint each, so the first driver swap will be around 14:20'ish. So we would need you to be available between 14:00h and 18:30h, but you're free to pick your stints within that window. Of course, you are welcome from the start (we could use spotters).

We'll get you up to speed before the race, and I'll explain everything you need to know before race day. During your stints, we'll be spotting for you as well. 🙂

It'll be fun! 😁

18 hours ago, Meers said:

Hi guys, we're looking for one or two extra drivers for the 6-hour race around Indianapolis on the 15th (next week Saturday), for a minimum of 2 hours (2 stints). The race will run from ~12:00h until ~18:30h UK time.

Hugo and I will be driving the BMW M4 and do 3 hours each, but Nico is in dire need of 1 (preferably 2) drivers as he's alone due to his regular teammate dropping out. He's driving the Aston Martin V8. He's willing to drive for 4 hours, which is the maximum driving time per driver (hence needing driver(s) for the remaining 2 hours).

Hugo and Nico are expected to kick the race off with a double stint each, so the first driver swap will be around 14:20'ish. So we would need you to be available between 14:00h and 18:30h, but you're free to pick your stints within that window. Of course, you are welcome from the start (we could use spotters).

We'll get you up to speed before the race, and I'll explain everything you need to know before race day. During your stints, we'll be spotting for you as well. 🙂

It'll be fun! 😁

I'd have loved to do this, but I already have family commitments that day.  Hopefully next time though!

Discounted tickets for the British GT at Oulton Park are only available until Wednesday afternoon if anyone is thinking of going :).

It’s a full 36 car grid this year with some of the best GT drivers in the world supporting the AMs. 

I think i have sorted my issues with the loss of FFB, fingers crossed, Just need to try and dial in the volume levels for Discord again !!

I'm quite enjoying messing about with the setting on these cars it seems more noticible than the GR3s perhaps cause they are slower.

2 hours ago, davadvice1 said:

I'm quite enjoying messing about with the setting on these cars it seems more noticible than the GR3s perhaps cause they are slower.

I think I prefer the GT4 to the GT3 for that reason too. The more limited setup options and noticeable changes seems great for learning, though I’m either cooking the tyres or the car is slow 😂

1 hour ago, Junker said:

I’m the same as Corranga, my front tyres are up to 110 degrees at points. At what point do I need to worry about front tyre heat? 

Assuming your using Celsius, about 20 degrees ago.

6 minutes ago, Junker said:

:( 

any suggestions? 

Open ze brake ducts

Reduce ze toe angle

Reduce ze tyre pressure

I hope. Otherwise I don't know what I'm doing.

1 hour ago, Meers said:

Open ze brake ducts

Reduce ze toe angle

Reduce ze tyre pressure

I hope. Otherwise I don't know what I'm doing.

Yeh thats pretty much it, if those don't work then idk, do a rain dance.

Max ducts. Brake pad 2 or even 3. Cant change brake bias in Macca. If you feel car is already very understeery then lowering toe or camber will worsen understeer and thus increase tyre scrub and heat so those changes might not help. Tyres have very large temperature range though and little overheat doesnt hurt much. Try to avoid sliding and locking up even more than usually as those will produce heat spikes and generate blister on a hot tyre.

Man, I wont be able to race tonight. Have been ill since Monday, and I’m still having a pretty high fever so I’ll have to unregister. Tried a couple of laps on Tuesday but body and head just said “nope” so ill sit this one out. Hopefully back for the next one. Gutted. Good luck with your races guys, have fun!

16 minutes ago, Kristian Svenning said:

Man, I wont be able to race tonight. Have been ill since Monday, and I’m still having a pretty high fever so I’ll have to unregister. Tried a couple of laps on Tuesday but body and head just said “nope” so ill sit this one out. Hopefully back for the next one. Gutted. Good luck with your races guys, have fun!

Sorry to hear that mate, get well soon!

I think I'm out for tonight, my internet hasn't worked all week and whilst its stable its slow and I'm running about 84 ping on most games, plus due to this I haven't practiced and I don't get along with Suzuka, would likely spend the whole race spinning out at the back.

1 hour ago, OJM CHICKEN said:

I think I'm out for tonight, my internet hasn't worked all week and whilst its stable its slow and I'm running about 84 ping on most games, plus due to this I haven't practiced and I don't get along with Suzuka, would likely spend the whole race spinning out at the back.

Come along, you'll still beat me even if I don't spin out.

Tbf my Internet has been flakey thanks to virgin hopefully its OK tonight.

1 hour ago, davadvice1 said:

Come along, you'll still beat me even if I don't spin out.

Tbf my Internet has been flakey thanks to virgin hopefully its OK tonight.

Ehh still haven't cleaned my pc, plus its my second most hated track in the game so I'll sit out, you guys have a good race though.

Who knows what tonight will bring. I can turn in a quick lap but my front tyre temps are skyrocketing. I’ve tried max caster, min caster, toe, camber, soft suspension, hard suspension, wide open brake ducts and still not much difference. 

2 hours ago, Junker said:

Who knows what tonight will bring. I can turn in a quick lap but my front tyre temps are skyrocketing. I’ve tried max caster, min caster, toe, camber, soft suspension, hard suspension, wide open brake ducts and still not much difference. 

Have you tried driving slower? 😉 

Urgh. Didn't really enjoy that. Car felt wallowy and sluggish to drive. My lap times were all over the place and I couldn't tell why I was up/down 3 tenths when it felt like I was doing exactly the same thing. It felt good for one lap - lap 3 in race two when it all flowed and ended in a 2.13.8, but it was a one off.

Still, onwards and upwards :) 

No pace and a spin in R1 and no wonder I had even less pace in race 2: I used the same set of tyres!!! But I dont understand how in R1 I finished with 2 liters but in R2 I would have ran out somewhere around Spoon had I not been saving for 3 laps... and still ran out coming out of final corner. I always have an extra liter for formation and another just in case too, so those 2 I had left after R1. This is the first time in any sim race that I ran out of fuel and am very confused.

Usually rears after 30 min is somewhere around 2.86-87

image.png.0d8195cf9318a95b5aabd09b125b19eb.png

Race 1 "highlights".  the ACC inbuilt race director deserves the sack for this video.

Race 2 - much better - lots of action - it caught my half spin and save - although it missed the contact I had in the last lap or two which allowed @Meers to sneak by. I had a hard battle defending various people for almost the whole of the race.  I was super sweaty in my headset at the end!  Great fun.

Its 2 AM and Im in full zombie mode. Aggressive preset with adjusted tyre pressures and less than 4 other clicks just for personal preferences. Lap number 8 with 40 liters in tank, not counting outlaps, and I havent driven this car for over a year at least. Im thinking GT4 BoP absolutely does matter even at our level. And I think many of us are quite a bit faster than they might think they are compared to average ACCers. 😉

I think theres at least 11.8 or 11.7 if I kept going

image.png.2493ccab849e1ddfcadbaeff07663d4b.png

• davejm changed the title to Assetto Corsa Competizione | Season 14 Round 6 | GT3 Endurance @ Watkins Glen