IGNORED

Assetto Corsa Competizione | Season 7 Round 4 | Alpine GT4s @ rainy Brands Hatch

davejm

1 hour ago, Yannik said:

Well, I was kind of happy to have an excuse not to race at Snetterton since hockey season has started back up, but it turns out that we don't practice on Thursdays until November. So I guess I gotta take a closer look at that track after all, but let it be know that I absolutely hate that damn layout, lol

The classic 200 layout is so much better than Snetterton 300, but it's still not a bad track once you get used to it.

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I present the case for the defence. The following video evidence will show my client taking the same line through the corner at the end of the straight on two occasions. One chasing down @milko and a second several laps later, chasing down @Meers.

You will notice that my client takes the same line, as he does on most laps, but for reasons known only to itself, the accused Mercedes GT3 vehicle throws itself off the track and into the wall on the second occasion. It is clear from the evidence that despite his role as the 'driver', my client is entirely blameless in this accident.

Thank you for your time.

The defence rests, m'lud.

Huh, that was not the part of the corner I was expecting to be the crashing part! It just managed to beach itself on the kerb that time? I am also no expert but it seems to me quite probable that Meers had some kind of switch on his new rim that raised the kerb 10mm after he’s safely passed it. 

(Lol “Paul Richard” has really ticked me for some reason)

1 hour ago, milko said:

I am also no expert but it seems to me quite probable that Meers had some kind of switch on his new rim that raised the kerb 10mm after he’s safely passed it.

1 hour ago, Count Buffalos said:

Tbh it sounds like the sort of thing he might do. Probably something to do with his new rim. 

I must say I am appalled by this accusation! Show me proof that I mapped an African Swallow to one of the buttons on my new rim!

9 hours ago, Erik said:

Steyr Mannlicher Match 91. Its quite old, from 1993. Its from the time before PCP was a thing. It looks similar to the one below:

Reveal hidden contents

88506189_steyrmannlichermatch91co2.thumb.jpg.3cfd0dc943c66bac6be732caf7e6f5c6.jpg

Gents , please welcome aboard our sponsors for series 6, Steyr Mannlicher. 

22 hours ago, Erik said:

I turned a dozen laps around Snetterton and the best one was 1:49.152. I'm not sure if I like or hate this track but I'm sure that time will get beaten. 😄

While I know its not going to last long - I managed to beat Erik!  1.48.7 :bye:

1 hour ago, Meers said:

So if you're interested, here are the Paul Ricard races from my p.o.v.

Those Ferraris were fast on the back straight. Over 285?

edit: heres the 1:54.0 race lap of mine. As you can see its not even particularly clean or smooth and later I could improve up to over 3 tenths in sector 1. Its just so important to carry speed through the long corners and get back on power as early as possible in final corner and the hairpin.

https://streamable.com/ws13je

2 hours ago, Erik said:

Those Ferraris were fast on the back straight. Over 285?

They were super fast regarding top speed. @Yannik's OinkOink was really quick on acceleration. The Macca seemed very stable through corners (imo anyway).

2 hours ago, Erik said:

heres the 1:54.0 race lap of mine. As you can see its not even particularly clean or smooth and later I could improve up to over 3 tenths in sector 1. Its just so important to carry speed through the long corners and get back on power as early as possible in final corner and the hairpin.

https://streamable.com/ws13je

Smooth as butter as far as I can see. Car looks really planted. If you fix that windscreen wiper, you'll go even faster!

Not sure if I get much time to practice this week. My uncle (former rllmuk F1 league partaker) wants to try out my new wheel tomorrow, and not sure if I'll get another night in to tune my 720S and find my way around this absolute pancake of a track.

And some of you excellent chaps thought Paul Ricard was featureless!

Not sure if this is the right thread for it, but I'd think so:
We're looking to do a 24h race on October 30th to 31st at Silverstone, see attached screenshot. Two of the four drivers in my team can't make it, so we're looking for at least two more drivers. Anyone feel like being mediocre with a German and a Frenchman? :D
Not quite sure about the car yet, the Porsche would be our team car, but we haven't finally decided yet

EDIT: We settled on the Boatley 🚢

Screenshot_20211002_220849_com.discord.jpg

11 minutes ago, Yannik said:

We're looking to do a 24h race on October 30th to 31st at Silverstone, see attached screenshot. Two of the four drivers in my team can't make it, so we're looking for at least two more drivers. Anyone feel like being mediocre with a German and a Frenchman? :D
Not quite sure about the car yet, the Porsche would be our team car, but we haven't finally decided yet.

Oof, very tempting. Especially the being mediocre with a German and a Frenchman bit.

But I can't make it on those days due to other commitments, alas. 😓

40 minutes ago, Meers said:

Oof, very tempting. Especially the being mediocre with a German and a Frenchman bit.

But I can't make it on those days due to other commitments, alas. 😓

Yeah, same for me unfortunately.  I'm going on holiday that day and it's very likely I'd have been playing a halloween festival with the band if I wasn't.

24 minutes ago, SharkyOB said:

Yeah, same for me unfortunately.  I'm going on holiday that day and it's very likely I'd have been playing a halloween festival with the band if I wasn't.

I'd be happy to take that holiday off your hands so that you can go play on that halloween festival mate.

1 hour ago, Yannik said:

Not quite sure about the car yet, the Porsche would be our team car, but we haven't finally decided yet.

This is on the weekend before our Misano enduro weekend. I'll think about it. I wont make it to the qualifying race though.

Since we're talking bands, @SharkyOB...

On that 30th I have a birthday party of someone turning 50 (said commitment). They want everyone to come dressed up as 80s/90s celebrities so I've decided to be original and go as Kurt Cobain. 😅

• davejm changed the title to Assetto Corsa Competizione | Season 7 Round 4 | Alpine GT4s @ rainy Brands Hatch