IGNORED

Assetto Corsa Competizione | Season 7 Round 4 | Alpine GT4s @ rainy Brands Hatch

davejm

46 minutes ago, davejm said:

Morning guys! :)  I think it's gonna rain later :D  Should be fun...

vncviewer_iZ91uHX8Bd.png.3e8d3e59e06b5a893807d5955ee808ee.png

Yikes! One of my many weak areas 🙃 Any tips on how to adapt existing setup to wet? Have heard that the default wet setups are not very good and have never been satisfied with the tweaks I’ve tried the few times I’ve been racing in the wet. 

14 hours ago, davejm said:

FSR look way worse than TAAU in VR, for me.  So things seem to have taken a backward step in that regard. 

Well shit, I'm not the only one then.

With my GTX1050, the DLSS option is there (it doesn't detect which GPU you have, apparently) so I switched it on and tried some quality settings. Suffice it to say it was without any results - no Tensor cores to surf on despite me trying to convince ACC that I have them. 😅 😉

FSR then. Oh dear.

Tried balanced mode first. Horribly pixellated and dithered with a lot of ghosting of the overall image. It gave me 10 extra frames but the frametime latency increased as well, how peculiar (I thought CPU load would be less as well)?

Quality more made the fps drop hard, about 10fps less than I had but the image looks much better. No option either then. Performance more made the graphics even worse, but I gained 20fps with it. Latency was for all modes ~33ms so about 10 ms more than I had before.

So I can safely conclude that FSR is not suited very well for my GPU, which is a shame. Back to the old settings again which looks much better.

I don't know what to think anymore. Better hardware methinks.

51 minutes ago, Kristian Svenning said:

Any tips on how to adapt existing setup to wet? Have heard that the default wet setups are not very good and have never been satisfied with the tweaks I’ve tried the few times I’ve been racing in the wet. 

@SharkyOB is probably our resident expert, but the default wet setups are fine I reckon (unless the new patch has messed them up somehow). Lots of TC, aim for 29.5-31.0 psi, cross your fingers if that doesn't interfere too much with your steering wheel grip :)

With all the changes AND rain it will be ...not a lottery exactly, skill pretty much always wins out, but I wouldn't want to bet on my final placing tonight.

3 minutes ago, milko said:

@SharkyOB is probably our resident expert, but the default wet setups are fine I reckon (unless the new patch has messed them up somehow). Lots of TC, aim for 29.5-31.0 psi, cross your fingers if that doesn't interfere too much with your steering wheel grip :)

With all the changes AND rain it will be ...not a lottery exactly, skill pretty much always wins out, but I wouldn't want to bet on my final placing tonight.

Thanks man, I'll give this a try when home from work today. Hopefully I'll be able to get a short practice in between dinner and race time. Think I'll just have to focus on having fun, try to avooid killing too many and just enjoy hanging out with my new (and old) bros playing games :D

28 minutes ago, milko said:

All of this is good advice!

I remember racing with you on the PowerQ league @Kristian Svenning, I was Matt O'Brien there and indeed IRL.

Can't wait for later, the updates sound amazing!  I've had no time to practice this week though, so I'll be on as early as possible to make up for it.

23 minutes ago, SharkyOB said:

All of this is good advice!

I remember racing with you on the PowerQ league @Kristian Svenning, I was Matt O'Brien there and indeed IRL.

Can't wait for later, the updates sound amazing!  I've had no time to practice this week though, so I'll be on as early as possible to make up for it.

Aha! So you're Matt! Awesome, nice to cross paths again! 🙂

Any objections if I delay qualifying by 15 mins tonight?  I'm out and not sure if I'll be back for qualifying at the moment!  The new format is slightly shorter than normal anyway so hoping this is all good.   I can set practice to start at 7pm as normal, but qualifying would now start at 8:30pm.

Aye, no worries @davejm

1.8 seems to have made me slower, but has made it more 'fun' to drive. Hard to explain, but I like it :) 

Graphics seem to have improved a bit too (RX5700XT / Quest 1 VR). 

I'm forgetting all about laptimes for tonight and am just going to enjoy it!

17 minutes ago, Kristian Svenning said:

No problem @davejm

So this is 830 pm CET? 

Fingers crossed we don't get heavy rain. Just tried the default wet setup on heavy rain offline and was literally unable to keep the car from spinning or going straight in the corners 😛

I think we're an hour out from CET; so I think qualifying will be 9:30pm for you.  If you check the SGP event page it should show in your local time.

EDIT: Apologies I still talk in UK time even though we have a lot of folk from Europe now!

15 minutes ago, Kristian Svenning said:

So this is 830 pm CET?

Server launches at 20.00 CET and qualification will start at 21.30 CET.

I better get on myself before the race to check the wet setups. I saw something in the 1.8 changelog about more aquaplaning when the tyres are loaded laterally. 

13 minutes ago, davejm said:

I think we're an hour out from CET; so I think qualifying will be 9:30pm for you.  If you check the SGP event page it should show in your local time.

EDIT: Apologies I still talk in UK time even though we have a lot of folk from Europe now!

Ah! Looking at the event it says 2000 (1900 utc) so I interpreted 15 min delay from that. Didn’t understand the start time was server launch 😀

EDIT 2: only NOW I saw the event config fan. Everything seems so much clearer now. Sorry for the confusion, I’ll show myself out now 😂

A bit confused, might need to wait to think until I’ve had some dinner 😅

3319A687-492D-4A94-9B61-3E693657BFDB.png

1 hour ago, davejm said:

I'm obviously always talking in UK time which must be confusing when I don't make it clear :D

Yeah when I was the only mainlander in the league, it was only me who had to adapt to the UK time. But now its almost 50% so yeah, using UTC may be better indeed. 😅

Suddenly a potential major issue. ACC won't launch. Getting either a message teling me there's a virus in the folder or a missing executable (typically after following Steam's recommended folder repair and validation procedures). Other games start perfectly, and I played ACC without any problems three hours or so ago. 

Uninstalled and currently re-installing, hoping that does the trick. Anyone else had this issue?

Not sure if anyone is able to join for when the server starts (Valver usually does); so I'm gonna sign in just before I head out.  So you'll see me sitting in the pits but I won't be there :D

38 minutes ago, Kristian Svenning said:

Suddenly a potential major issue. ACC won't launch. Getting either a message teling me there's a virus in the folder or a missing executable (typically after following Steam's recommended folder repair and validation procedures). Other games start perfectly, and I played ACC without any problems three hours or so ago. 

Uninstalled and currently re-installing, hoping that does the trick. Anyone else had this issue?

There's a new update for me, I'll see what it does.

1 minute ago, Meers said:

There's a new update for me, I'll see what it does.

Very weird problem here. Uninstalled and tried to reinstall but the download kept pausing on 99% downloaded and kept pausing every time I tried to resume. Now I’ve uninstalled Steam and will reinstall steam and see if that helps. Tomorrow will be a long day of reinstalling all the other games.

FFS. Had to quit the second race as the screen was too dark to see anything. It's like when you press escape and the screen goes dark with the options/return to garage etc. menu options, but when you hit drive the screen stayed really dark. Couldn't even see the curbs.

Edit: Not just me it seems https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/extremely-dark-screen-after-1-8-update.211503/

@SneakyNinja

delete the AC2 folder in its entirety from your %AppData% directory. (User/Documents/AppData/Local/AC2)

C:\Users\-your username-\AppData\Local\AC2 - NOT THE ONE IN THE STEAMAPPS

It will regenerate on launch, and apparently cure your ills. Fixed it for some anyway.

For me, that was due to the add of a [ConsoleVariables] section with lines parameters in the Engine.ini file (located in C:\Users\xxxxxxx\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor Folder)
I Just rename it with .bak extenssion and a new file has been created when lauched ACC and that solved the problem.

another.

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/game-darker-after-update-custom-engine-ini-remove-appdata-local-ac2-folder-and-let-it-regenerate.70231/

• davejm changed the title to Assetto Corsa Competizione | Season 7 Round 4 | Alpine GT4s @ rainy Brands Hatch