Assetto Corsa Competizione | Season finale: Imola

davejm

12 hours ago, davejm said:

image.png.e6538f0a0925604d7fd3e82895175894.png

Nice time in the Ferrari @SharkyOB.  How are you finding it?  It's super slippy around Suzuka compared to some other tracks.

I'm enjoying getting to grips with the McLaren.

Cheers mate! Really enjoying it and I'm a fast as I was in the GTR which is encouraging, defo more time to find too. 

I think I'm getting a bit better at interpreting what the FFB is telling me about what the car is doing. I had pretty obvious understeer through some of the mid to high speed corners, a little bit of downforce adjustment sorted it out a treat!

17 minutes ago, SharkyOB said:

Cheers mate! Really enjoying it and I'm a fast as I was in the GTR which is encouraging, defo more time to find too. 

I think I'm getting a bit better at interpreting what the FFB is telling me about what the car is doing. I had pretty obvious understeer through some of the mid to high speed corners, a little bit of downforce adjustment sorted it out a treat!

Awesome.  I struggled in the Macca to start with as I was a couple of seconds a lap slower; but I've closed the gap now that I'm pushing the limits of the car.  There's a 'vague' feeling to the force feedback though, so if the aero balance gets out of whack it doesn't communicate it through the wheel too much.  The Ferrari had a lot more feeling in that sense.  The FFB is lighter too, and I'm already at 100% in driver and in-game so now I need my CSL-DD :D

I realise how stupid that comment is actually, about pushing the limits of the car as I'm not really doing that am I.  I'm 4 seconds off alien pace.  Pushing the car more, I should have said.  I'm just getting quicker with it as I work it all out 😀

32 minutes ago, SharkyOB said:

We're pushing our limits of the car! 

Indeed!  Just did my first qualifying fuel run, so another morning update! :)  Starting to feel quite nippy in the Macca!

image.png.b2a403b0ac230cc1fad24c467f729f01.png

Chaps. Hi. 

Just back from holiday , and the house is still being renovated and currently we have one bedroom and one other bedroom to sort of live in. That was where the rig was going but no dice apparently. Lack of space means I'm out this week. In the good news column I did eat a delivered pizza last night while sitting on a telephone table and the missus on what small space was left on the sofa bed. The "table" for the pizza box was a shrink wrapped ottoman. 

West Ham tonight so get to upgrade to a shopping center food court !

7 hours ago, Count Buffalos said:

Oh, not sure? Is there a restriction?

I was just creating the entry list for the first league race.  But never mind, I'm being a donut.  You did use the Evo version for practice; it's just not reported by the practice server as the Evo version for some reason (it says '2020' instead).  I've updated the event.

38 minutes ago, Count Buffalos said:

there are bods down that way

After spending more than 25 years trying to 'master' the English language (especially trying to figure out all the slang), I had never heard of 'bods' so I had to look it up. 😅

Goes to show that you never master a foreign language. Maybe I should move there...😆 

I wont be able to make the race tomorrow unfortunately as I am moving countries and the sim racing equipment is already across the border. 

Good luck to all and looking forward to the next one :)

Morning all.  I'm working through some personal issues at the moment, and might not be able to race tonight.  I'm still hoping to, but is anyone able to join the server at the start just in-case I can't make it?

Looks like I will almost certainly have to join the long list of sign outs for tonight. I will clear my schedule so that I can partake in season race 2 and 3!

4 hours ago, Valver said:

Hope everything works out OK Dave.

I should be able to make the 7pm server start time...

Thanks, I'll almost certainly be on.  Just probably not for the start!

4 hours ago, davejm said:

@SharkyOB Just noticed you're registered for tonight with the Nissan.  That correct or should it be Ferrari?

EDIT: Pretty sure you were wanting to be in the Ferrari so I've switched

Thanks Dave, defo wanted to use the Ferrari. I'm struggling to get home though after recording in Manchester all day! Is it a warm up race tonight? 

• davejm changed the title to Assetto Corsa Competizione | Season finale: Imola