Assetto Corsa Competizione | Season finale: Imola

davejm

16 hours ago, Valver said:

The dreaded COVID has descended on the Valver household.  My 13yr old daughter tested positive on Monday (presumably picking it up from school) and now my wife and I dont feel quite right either.  Just had my PCR test, so will get some results tomorrow...

This may or may not impact my ability to practice/simrace.  So if you dont hear/see me for a bit - well, you know why.

Get well soon all!  Hopefully it'll be mild 🤞

image.png.c14315d83f506d064299588db7c7b74a.png

IMPORTANT!!!!

Don't forget that you need to register for the upcoming events.  It was too much of a faff using the sgp tools to bring over entrant lists from the previous events; so I've set all the events to 'open' and you need to register.

Only 6 registrants so far.  If you don't register before the server starts you won't be able to join.

https://beta.simracing.gp/events/1JI0fDBLd0HCZ7tf2M-Iw

I'm gonna activate my car swap rights and use the Merc for this season. I seem to be a little slower in it than the Ferrari at first, but I think it will be good for me to learn to deal with a "looser/bouncier" feel, as my driving style prefers stiffer cars, and the Ferrari was more of the same really... 

4 hours ago, davejm said:

image.png.c14315d83f506d064299588db7c7b74a.png

IMPORTANT!!!!

Don't forget that you need to register for the upcoming events.  It was too much of a faff using the sgp tools to bring over entrant lists from the previous events; so I've set all the events to 'open' and you need to register.

Only 6 registrants so far.  If you don't register before the server starts you won't be able to join.

https://beta.simracing.gp/events/1JI0fDBLd0HCZ7tf2M-Iw

Interesting.. I'm losing a second in the first sector alone. Good to know :) 

Edit: Registered for the event too

Quite pleased with my showing considering it's based on about 10 practice laps. Misano was the circuit in my first rllmuk season where I started to feel like I 'got' the game and could maybe finish a race without necessarily smashing my car multiple times. (and Bathurst is the circuit that reminds me that doesn't have to be true all of the time)

It's a bit of a long-term investment as until about November I won't have access to my wheel, but I figured what I'd do is get the game and at least run some practice on a pad at the tracks you go to and then perhaps if there was room, sign up for next season when I should (in theory) be all set up in my new house :)

welcome @kiroquai dont be afraid to join us even with controller. We'll set you up and bring you up to speed if you wish so.

Maybe Aston was a mistake for me. Its stable, but very understeery. 😄 I improved a little but thats still a full second slower than my record from a time when I think I was much slower.

14 hours ago, Erik said:

welcome @kiroquai dont be afraid to join us even with controller. We'll set you up and bring you up to speed if you wish so.

Maybe Aston was a mistake for me. Its stable, but very understeery. 😄 I improved a little but thats still a full second slower than my record from a time when I think I was much slower.

Good, means we might be able to race you a bit!!

Aston for Erik from now on, or maybe the Jag?

Well, I had my first 'test' at Misano using the pad - this comprised mostly of spinning off and at one point, losing track of where I was and driving the wrong way down the circuit 😂. Was using the 'stock' 488 and running whatever setup was on the thing already, think I got down to a 1.42 with plenty of time to find :). First time I've been around Misano, really like how many tightening radius corner braking zone type things it has!

misano.thumb.png.e3e0445a40fa15db09c9ac6d2347b933.png

Great fun, though. Will shell out for the DLC packs to get the other cars and circuits! I remember from my short experience of this on the PS4 with my wheel that it was immensely satisfying to drive, so looking forward to being able to hook that up. Good luck to everyone racing tonight, and hope all is well @Valverand that you and your family get through things as well as can be!

I think the racing gods looked upon you all being kind to me in race 1 and were angered! They left me alone at Bathurst because who needs help having disasters there? But this time! I hope that's used up all my bad luck for a while - that's how luck works, right?

I had some nice little battles with @EuroVapeSim2 @SweatyTravolta and @Count Buffalos after that; having decided that "anything better than retirement is something" once my Oculus Quest disconnected on me I can be happy enough with that. But oh, what might have been after that second place quali run and decent track pace. Second place to @Erik is basically first in my eyes anyway! :) Never mind.

btw I'm pretty sure I can't make the week Zolder is in (Thursday 28th Oct) so if it's not gonna screw up anybody else I'd be up for adding a break there and pushing it back. Half-term events for me. But only if it works for everybody else, s'no big deal. 

Ha, every time we got to the tight corners like those I felt like I had chance to get a run on you but it never quite worked out and you seemed to have the straight line pace on me, just about. It was cool, and at least as much my fault we tapped in the end, just glad it didn't take anybody out.

• davejm changed the title to Assetto Corsa Competizione | Season finale: Imola