Assetto Corsa Competizione | Season finale: Imola

davejm

16 minutes ago, Meers said:

And I'm going to practice for Imola and for the 6 hours of Misano on the 6th of november. There's 3 of us I think, doing 2x1h stints each.

Erik asked if I would be interested in those Endurance races @Meers.  Based on the dates I think Misano and the final race (can't recall what track?) would be the only ones I can make (can't make the Bathurst race).  Sounds like you have enough for the Misano race though?

32 minutes ago, davejm said:

Erik asked if I would be interested in those Endurance races @Meers.  Based on the dates I think Misano and the final race (can't recall what track?) would be the only ones I can make (can't make the Bathurst race).  Sounds like you have enough for the Misano race though?

Looks like it's the 3 of us doing 2 hours each for the AM split. Our 4th guy is from the USA and he has to get up early if he wants to join, I think he took a rain check on the Misano one. So I think we're sorted but I believe @Erik asked you for a different split (silver maybe?).

First Saturday of December is the next one (12h) and the first Saturday of January is the last one (6h). Forgot which tracks though.

The RCI multiclass enduro tracks left are Misano, Bathurst and Monza. I was asking Dave if he was interested in case more drivers are needed.🙃

Besides those, theres also gt3 only 4 h Hungaroring on Nov 20, and after multiclass races starts a new slighly more serious 6-race enduro world tour which will have 12 and 24 h races. We will be there of course.

There are of course also many other communities that arrange quality stewarded endurances, but 1 or 2 big races per month is what most seem to prefer over busier schedule.

• davejm changed the title to Assetto Corsa Competizione | Season finale: Imola

I entered another GT4 league, over at the Boonatix simracing.gp community.  It starts next Wednesday @ Bathurst, and we had a practice race tonight.  I finished last 😆

Was running around in the mid pack in a field of around 30, and managed to get to 11th place after the mountain claimed a few victims, but I wasn't going to escape its clutches 😬 Planted it into the wall with 3 minutes of damage, and with 3 minutes to go that was race over.  17/17!! 

Was fun racing on the mountain as the sun set.   I took the Porsche and if you switch to Endurance lights there's an impressive blue hue in the cockpit, which was amazing to drive in when it was dark.  I recommend booting into a single player session and checking it out, Caymen GT4 fans 🤩

5 minutes ago, Erik said:

@davejm server conditions dont seem to be static. First time when I joined it was 6 o clock or so and 28/28 degrees, and the second time it started where it should have at 2 pm, but there was slight change in track temperature over 2 hours.

The time of day thing is a bug in the game.  You just need to come out of the server, then go back in.

As for the variation, I forgot to set it as a qualification server.  That's sorted now so it should be 35c ambient & 45c track temps all the time now.

vncviewer_RqR95GdDiZ.png.4cfc99edd35bb152be3771962d2e6cad.png

Here's my lap, for the McLaren guys.  Still a bit of time in there.  I miss an apex early in the lap; Acque Minerali is a bit messy; the slow chicane is a bit too slow; and I get into a bit of a slide in the second to last corner.  It's funny how a lap can feel mega fast; but then when you watch it back you can spot all the things you did wrong.  It's a nice learning exercise I suppose...

EDIT: Forgot to turn on HUD to show the pedal inputs 🙄