Assetto Corsa Competizione

@beenabadbunny good to hear you’re enjoying it, I’m sure the console was v1.3.x on launch so sounds as though they’ve brought it a lot more up to date which is why it’s probably feeling better.

Not sure what options are on the consoles but while driving, pause and check the “View Settings” menu for FOV etc., that’s where it is on the PC version anyhow.

1 minute ago, scoobysi said:

Not sure what options are on the consoles but while driving, pause and check the “View Settings” menu for FOV etc., that’s where it is on the PC version anyhow.

Thanks, I'll try that tonight. It's not anywhere that I could see in the main menus but it could well be on the in-car pause screen.

13 minutes ago, davejm said:

Might be worth trying a different car too.  The Porsche is regarded as being quick and nimble, but hard to tame.

Perhaps. Coming from GT Sport I've spent a fair bit of time with that game's versions of the equivalent cars (it calls them Gr.3) and 911s are cars I always seem to get on best with*. I've never been able to get anything useful out of the SLS, the R8 or the Huracán - they just don't seem to suit me.

What's relatively beginner-friendly in ACC?

*although GTS has the mid-engined RSR rather than the rear-engined GT3 R so I know it's a different animal.

1 hour ago, beenabadbunny said:

Don't know if that's because it has been improved with post-launch patches (it's currently on v 1.5.4)

Ah, the PC version is at version 1.5.5 I think now? 1.5.6 maybe after today's update.

50 minutes ago, beenabadbunny said:

What's relatively beginner-friendly in ACC?

For me it was the 488. Play around a bit with the TCS sliders.

Good race tonight, plenty of action in the first half, picking up a wee bit of damage scuffing some cars going backwards sideways :)  but then went a bit quiet on the 2nd half until catching Thor near the end and trying to stay close (but not too close) to pick up some SA points. I do struggle to pay attention towards the end of these 60min races.

I really enjoyed my first race despite losing net places. I had a really close battle with Mr Majestyk for a few laps before binning it, great stuff. I also lost a stack of time via a 30 sec stop / go penalty, totally forgot about the limiter on exit. I'll know for next time! I also need to work out how to use Discord, I've never used it for voice comms before. Can a wheel button my assigned to 'push to talk'? No idea how any of that stuff works.

9 minutes ago, SweatyTravolta said:

Sorry to Sharky (maybe?). Was pushing too hard to chase Valver and gave it too much gas rejoining the track which sent me into your path.

It was me, you can’t do that, if you’re being blue flagged (or even not) and go off, stay off until you know for sure it’s clear. I had a 10 sec lead which was lost and it needed a 34 sec (no tyres) pit stop to fix the damage, race over. I know it wasn’t intentional and it’s only a friendly league but that turned a win into losing points and a place in the championship and probably decided it.

2 minutes ago, scoobysi said:

It was me, you can’t do that, if you’re being blue flagged (or even not) and go off, stay off until you know for sure it’s clear. I had a 10 sec lead which was lost and it needed a 34 sec pit stop to fix the damage, race over. I know it wasn’t intentional and it’s only a friendly league but that turned a win into losing points and a place in the championship and probably decided it.

The problem is it was clear when I decided to come back on, nothing in the mirrors. It's a 100mph+ corner so by the time I've checked everything and decided to go again there's a car flying round the corner. Sorry I ballsed up your championship.

10 minutes ago, Mr Majestyk said:

Good race tonight, plenty of action in the first half, picking up a wee bit of damage scuffing some cars going backwards sideways :)  but then went a bit quiet on the 2nd half until catching Thor near the end and trying to stay close (but not too close) to pick up some SA points. I do struggle to pay attention towards the end of these 60min races.

Your pace was solid. :hat:

Well, for me that was a great race! @scoobysi That was a pretty epic battle with you during the middle of the race, sorry to read that you had trouble. Aside from a bump into the back of @SharkyOB on the first lap (and I made sure to not overtake) I had a clean race. There were clearly a lot of incidents of cars going off tonight, and I managed to come through them all unscathed. Sometimes you get lucky, and I got very lucky with all the carnage that went on during tonight's race.

8 minutes ago, SweatyTravolta said:

The problem is it was clear when I decided to come back on, nothing in the mirrors. It's a 100mph+ corner so by the time I've checked everything and decided to go again there's a car flying round the corner. Sorry I ballsed up your championship.

I’d followed you down the straight, you must have had blue flags, I’d be on your radar, on your map, in your rear view mirror, I’m not sure how you couldn’t have known I was there.

Anyway what’s done is done.

Well that was a roller-coaster of a race for me.  I didn't have high hopes as I'd been slowest in Practice.  I then put in my own PB for 'qually and ended up 11th, which I was happy with.  After a reasonable start, and getting up to 8th, I then dropped back down to last after @Meers' spin on the last corner at the end of lap 2(?) collected me.

But then put my head down and put in some consistent clean laps to start overtaking a few folk.  Stayed out for a long stint too and ended up in 4th!  But then a crash into a rejoining spun car, and having to pit myself - saw me drop back down to 8th.

Overall, very happy with that and really enjoying this championship!!

Video replay of the highlights being uploaded now..  will post the link in a bit.  Looks lovely with all the headlights in the dark at the start :wub:

Most of the HUD is useless in VR, it may as well no exist. They need better audio communication from the pit crew. I'd seen the blue flags but often they come way before anyone is even in the mirrors. I'd also let other faster cars past by slowing earlier going into corners after they'd appeared in my mirrors. I think it's just one of those fast corner incidents and I'm genuinely sorry for messing it all up.

Maybe we should have two separate leagues running? There seems to be a fair split between the super fast and then mid pack to slow. That'd avoid these sort of things.

29 minutes ago, Jashin said:

Is it normal for there to be no car shadows in the replay? It looks a bit weird but I'm not sure whether I'm missing a setting somewhere.

You're not alone - even on the Ultra preset they are missing in my replays...  haven't looked into how to fix it.

1 minute ago, Valver said:

You're not alone - even on the Ultra preset they are missing in my replays...  haven't looked into how to fix it.

Replay graphics settings are in a different area of the menus, so you have to set them separately.

3 minutes ago, SweatyTravolta said:

Maybe we should have two separate leagues running? There seems to be a fair split between the super fast and then mid pack to slow. That'd avoid these sort of things.

There’s no need for separate leagues but if you go off at least coast and check the map before rejoining especially when you’re being shown blue flags. I’ve taken people out rejoining too but this was avoidable as you had a nice bit of grass to run along. Apology accepted so no more issue.

Thanks everyone for some great racing tonight. 

Apologies again to @Meers for our coming together, I had the inside (I think) but it was still an aggressive move and in hindsight I should have been a bit more patient.

Had @SneakyNinja in my sights for a lot of the race (after completing my pit stop) but couldn't quite get close enough to battle for the position.  I think we had a similar pace so I struggled to close the gap.  Was fun trying though, gave me something to fight for. 

It's a shame I messed up my stop.  I had to restart the car, reverse, stop again.  They then picked me up, drop me down!  A 15 second stop for fuel took well over 20 seconds.  

Just now, Jashin said:

I really enjoyed the race. I'll try to figure push to talk out on discord next time. Can the function be bound to a steering wheel button?

Yeah, you bind it to a button on the wheel. 

We could hear your gear shifts and some background noise (and some talking at times?).  Could you not hear us?  We tried to talk to you a few times but it didn't seem like you were hearing us at all.