Assetto Corsa Competizione

3 hours ago, Mr Majestyk said:

I'd bin Crew Chief for ACC now, the in game spotter works well, and Crew Chief have said their spotter is unreliable in the game. 

It's completely reliable for most things, but there are some inaccuracies with timings.  The spotter is perfect in CC.

For me, it's a must have.  I have the main game sound coming through my AV amp and crew chief through my rift speakers, which really adds something to the game for me.  No way to do that with the built in spotter.

12 minutes ago, SharkyOB said:

It's completely reliable for most things, but there are some inaccuracies with timings.  The spotter is perfect in CC.

For me, it's a must have.  I have the main game sound coming through my AV amp and crew chief through my rift speakers, which really adds something to the game for me.  No way to do that with the built in spotter.

I miss it too, and indeed there was nothing wrong with the spotter. Other things, like penalties, were bugged though. When I had done a drive-through, the chief would still say that I still have a penalty waiting.

I might switch back to CC, but the makers themselves recoomend using the in-game one. So I'm not sure.

11 minutes ago, Thor said:

Ha, I really need to work on my braking into fast corners when behind other cars. That's two incidents in three races, which isn't acceptable. 

image.png.ea72d29406e5c7c0cdeeb0bd21ae8f80.png

21 minutes ago, davejm said:

More than likely, if you keep up your form in qualifying.

For Hungary, I'm not sure. It's not a track I know too well...

55 minutes ago, Thor said:

Ha, I really need to work on my braking into fast corners when behind other cars. That's two incidents in three races, which isn't acceptable. 

Not sure if you've seen it but @davejm posted a link earlier in the thread to a very good video about this from one of the ACC developers:

Very much worth watching. I might rewatch it myself actually :)

Put this on last night to test some cars. I went back to brands hatch. Fuck the Porsche. I managed to get it setup to a point where it felt decent, but I would still lose the back end when pushing, I can't be having that. The Mercedes is alright, but needs further testing. I went back to the Nismo and got close to to my times in the Aston, so it could be between those two for me. But yeah, sod that fucking Porsche!

2 hours ago, SneakyNinja said:

Maybe I should get a time bonus for wrestling the 911 around Brands for an hour ;) 

It’s very sensitive to weight transfer, especially coming off the brakes, which is a bit counterintuitive. 

Sounds like diff settings might help with that.  What options do you have there?  You can only change the preload on the GT-R but I've never really played around with the setup on other cars.

Next week's race is a sprint cup meeting at the Hungaroring.

The first race will take place at 14:00 (in-game time), with the second at 20:00.

Average ambient temperature is 17°C, with a good chance of cloudy conditions and slight possibility of rain.

The server is set up for practice.

Despite some misgivings, I'm going to race with the Merc to see how it is over the course of the sprints. Pretty sure I managed 1.45.0xx in it tonight, with more time to find. Also, I love the look of the car, I've actually gone and made a custom paint job - in game, so you guys can see it too. :) 

It's very twisty turney. Feels like a go kart track in a way.

I don't have much time for practice this week. It's my son's birthday tomorrow (2 already!) and mine on Friday (don't ask) so it's all down to Thursday's practice session. :D

On 11/09/2020 at 15:11, beenabadbunny said:

Very much worth watching. I might rewatch it myself actually :)

Thanks for this - it's all obvious when you think about it but very nicely explained and demonstrated, and (obviously) transferable to other racing games too - it should be a mandatory watch before every Monza race in GT Sport, for example :)

However... watching that video does make it obvious just how much us console players are missing in our version :(

So even though I've got the PS4 version, I will most likely end up double-dipping as I've just bought myself a PC that should run it much better than the console does.

If I wanted a VR headset just for this game (and PCars 2 I guess), what should I be looking at?

It would have to go in a very limited space (and obviously I won't be moving around).

(I know there's a dedicated PC VR thread but this seems better suited in here because I know a few of you race in VR).