PlayStation 5: Launch is 19/11/20. £360 digital, £450 full fat. Launch games £70?!?!

Just now, Theholyhogg said:

no way ive read nothing about it on here??

What about p4g? 

There's a bit about it in the Switch SMT: V thread. There's nothing about P4G, I think the rest of the list is bollocks, personally. Silent Hill might be a thing, it's been rumoured for a while. But Vagrant Story? Nah, I can't see that. 

• Upvote 1
On 30/07/2020 at 19:23, Theholyhogg said:

This is my favorite part just before a new console is released,all the speculation regarding games they are going to show,gets me so hyped.:wub:

I think the build up to this next gen has been the least exciting of all time.

A long drawn out - dribble of announcements - mixed with games look the same as the current gen - just makes me feel very meh.

• Upvote 4

Leak seems fake. The next CoD is called Cold War, not Vietnam. I think they will go in-depth on the launch games, reveal some system features (and perhaps the release date) and they'll have a surprise or two as multiple reliable sources have said Sony still has some stuff to announce.

Demon souls and GT7 would be a dream launch lineup. Along with Assassins Creed and Cyberpunk as 3rd party games around launch it would be a fantastic. 

Yeah, I don't think GT7 will be a launch title. 
I still hope for Returnal as that game looks super intruiging to me, but that's probably not gonna make it to launch either.

I miss the days when I could’ve picked up Gamesmaster or something and there’d be a pull out console special with a calendar of all the release dates for these things and some nice glossy photos of the console. I can’t be bothered visiting 7 different SEO-bait trash sites on Google trying to get a nice summary of what is coming out when.

• Upvote 7

I do have the next best thing. A calendar of all the events this month. ;)

DC Fandome will have the reveal of Rocksteady's next game apparently. In other news: looks like EA is gonna gobble up WB Games.

• Upvote 1

Specialty peripherals, such as officially licensed racing wheels, arcade sticks, and flight sticks, will work with PS5 games and supported PS4 games.

The Platinum and Gold Wireless Headsets, as well as third-party headsets that connect via USB port or audio jack, will work on PS5 (the headset companion app is not compatible with PS5).

The DualShock 4 wireless controller and PlayStation officially licensed third-party gamepad controllers will work with supported PS4 games. 

Both the PS Move Motion Controllers and the PlayStation VR Aim Controller will work with supported PS VR games on PS5.

Please note, not all PlayStation officially licensed or third-party peripherals/accessories may work on PS5. We recommend checking with the manufacturer to confirm whether a product will work on PS5 and specific titles. 

Edited by SeanR
  • Upvote 3

Interesting that the PS4 camera works on PS5, but only with an adaptor (supplied free of charge at the cost of what sounds like some annoying admin.) Does that imply anything other than the port being a different shape? It presumably implies the PS5 one does something more, otherwise you'd just keep the same port because why not?

3 minutes ago, Clipper said:

why don't PS5 games work with the ps4 standard controllers? they aren't that different are they?

who's buying a PS5 without PS5 controllers? :unsure:

Spoiler

Will DualShock 4 work with PS5 games?

No, we believe that PS5 games should take advantage of the new capabilities and features we’re bringing to the platform, including the features of DualSense wireless controller.

Edited by SeanR
1 minute ago, Uncle Mike said:

Interesting that the PS4 camera works on PS5, but only with an adaptor (supplied free of charge at the cost of what sounds like some annoying admin.) Does that imply anything other than the port being a different shape? It presumably implies the PS5 one does something more, otherwise you'd just keep the same port because why not?

I figure it’ll just have ordinary USB ports on the back, and the new camera and the adapter will just use USB. There’s little benefit to wasting previous space and money on a bespoke plug for something most PS5 owners won’t even have.

The PS4 was meant to ship with a camera at one stage IIRC, which is probably the only reason it got its own special connector.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, SeanR said:

who's buying a PS5 without a PS5 controller:unsure:

Hide contents

Will DualShock 4 work with PS5 games?

No, we believe that PS5 games should take advantage of the new capabilities and features we’re bringing to the platform, including the features of DualSense wireless controller.

(slight fix) noone but if you want to play 2player with your kids it is cheaper to use a ps4 controller than to buy another ps5 controller :D Having spare controllers around is v useful.

"Please note, not all PlayStation officially licensed or third-party peripherals/accessories may work on PS5. We recommend checking with the manufacturer to confirm whether a product will work on PS5 and specific titles. "

"We're checking if they're willing to pay us another licence fee".

6 minutes ago, Clipper said:

(slight fix) noone but if you want to play 2player with your kids it is cheaper to use a ps4 controller than to buy another ps5 controller :D Having spare controllers around is v useful.

trying real hard, outside of Nintendo, to remember the last time controllers* were forward compatible. (you can use wii motion controllers on the WiiU, right?)

(Atari 9-pin had legs in the home computers side of things, but consoles are usually outdated by increased number of button)

Just now, SeanR said:

trying real hard, outside of Nintendo, to remember the last time controllers* were forward compatible. (you can use wii motion controllers on the WiiU, right?)

(Atari 9-pin had legs in the home computers side of things, but consoles are usually outdated by increased number of button)

yeah still disappointing every generation when they fail the consumer just to sell more peripherals. Especially as controllers now are prettyy much the same every gen. And double especially when they try to sell you on the idea with bollocks about wanting the games to take advantage of the new features.

• gospvg changed the title to PlayStation 5 - Showcase Wednesday, September 16 at 9pm
  • Pob pinned this topic
  • Pob unpinned this topic