rllmuk

PlayStation 5: Launch is 19/11/20. £360 digital, £450 full fat. Launch games £70?!?!

Allowing DS4's for "some" PS4 games is better than what we normally get with a new generation, but it's still a bit rubbish, and especially in the light of Microsoft's approach. I'm looking forward to seeing PC ports of PS5 exclusives that somehow manage to work just fine with DS4s, Xbox pads or indeed a mouse and keyboard. 

Sony should by all means restrict games to the Dual Sense if they genuinely require reactive triggers or whatever, but arbitrarily blocking them from everything, even multiformat games is clearly just a money thing.

Just now, Mogster said:

Allowing DS4's for "some" PS4 games is better than what we normally get with a new generation, but it's still a bit rubbish, and especially in the light of Microsoft's approach. I'm looking forward to seeing PC ports of PS5 exclusives that somehow manage to work just fine with DS4s, Xbox pads or indeed a mouse and keyboard. 

I don’t think they mean that only some PS4 games will use the DS4, I think they’re hedging for the PS4 games that don’t run on the PS5.

Just now, Alex W. said:

I don’t think they mean that only some PS4 games will use the DS4, I think they’re hedging for the PS4 games that don’t run on the PS5.

Ah, that makes more sense.

Sony though, they have form for controller-nonsense

they still have to make up for the:

PSone DualAnalog/DualShock

PS3 Sixaxis/DualShock3

fuck ups.

1 minute ago, Mr Combo Breaker said:

I thought the PS3 controllers still worked fine on the PS4, hence a forumite accidentally buying Fifa on the PS4 when they were playing a PS3 game at the same time :lol: 

Only for select PS4 games.

Accessibility advocates are already speaking up about the controller compatibility. People who have adapted Dual Shock 4 controllers or the like are rightly upset that Sony is basically making them worthless. Microsoft’s extremely far ahead of Sony on accessibility already and this does not help.

6 minutes ago, Mr Combo Breaker said:

I thought the PS3 controllers still worked fine on the PS4, hence a forumite accidentally buying Fifa on the PS4 when they were playing a PS3 game at the same time :lol: 

I think that was the other way round, in that you could pair DS4s with a PS3.

EDIT: What do I know!

EDIT2: I know this, apparently. :D

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Mogster said:

I think that was the other way round, in that you could pair DS4s with a PS3.

EDIT: What do I know!

Oh wait no that’s it. I had it backwards.

• Upvote 1

State of Play confirmed for Thursday!

Also, nothing of any importance related to PS5 will be there.

So they’re going to update us on everything that’s hot with PlayStation right now except for literally the only thing that is hot.

what is upcoming? I did a quick google and it looked to be indies and the usual multi-platform games? PSVR releases look a bit thin as they are mostly (welcome) ports from other platforms.

Will DualShock 4 work with PS5 games?

No, we believe that PS5 games should take advantage of the new capabilities and features we’re bringing to the platform, including the features of DualSense wireless controller.

1389g5.jpg

• Upvote 1
On 31/07/2020 at 10:28, Vemsie said:

I do have the next best thing. A calendar of all the events this month. ;)

DC Fandome will have the reveal of Rocksteady's next game apparently. In other news: looks like EA is gonna gobble up WB Games.

The Frontier showcase is hopefully Frontier Developments.  More Elite Dangerous Odyssey info is due this month. :wub:

1 hour ago, Mogster said:

Looking forward to playing Horizon ZD with my Xbox Elite pad this Friday. :hat: 

1 hour ago, Alex W. said:

To be fair, with the PS2 you could get you and your friends’ old Dual Shocks and play four player TimeSplitters.

If you bought the multi-tap.

surely not?

4 minutes ago, womblingfree said:

What’s the likelihood you can buy a PS5 then download at least some of your back catalog of bought and PS+ games day 1?

depends on your download speed.

also licencing, from one console to the other, will be a ballache, and your credit card details will get hacked.

Ahahahahahahaha!

That's the Sony way...

• Upvote 1

Just thinking whether to get rid of my PS4 or XBox One first. Probably get rid if the PS4 Pro first as it’s so noisy.

Should be enough stuff on Gamepass to tide me over, and if my PS+ library vanishes on PS5 I can always just pick up another 4.

2 hours ago, SeanR said:

who's buying a PS5 without PS5 controllers? :unsure:

Hide contents

Will DualShock 4 work with PS5 games?

No, we believe that PS5 games should take advantage of the new capabilities and features we’re bringing to the platform, including the features of DualSense wireless controller.

That is an incredibly pathetic reason to no offer the support. Everyone is going to have one PS5 controller to play their games with in single player. No one is going to lose any sleep over playing PS5 versions of games like Overcooked or Rocket League without adaptive triggers and a microphone.

4 the players.

Really does seem like something that the devs themselves should decide, I’d wager 90% of games won’t even use those new features. Hard not to be cynical about that choice. 

Just now, Bojangle said:

4 the players.

Really does seem like something that the devs themselves should decide, I’d wager 90% of games won’t even use those new features. Hard not to be cynical about that choice. 

Almost guaranteed, they really should have just given players the option to use either controller.

It’s pretty standard not to have cross hen support for controllers . The worst example of this is the Wii u pro controller not being compatible with the switch . It is basically Identical .

hoping against hope that headsets and steering wheels will work but not banking on it .

• Upvote 2
23 minutes ago, gospvg said:

Almost guaranteed, they really should have just given players the option to use either controller.

Sony wouldn't want to confuse their player base, Imagine not knowing which controller works with which game.  nightmare

• Empathy 1
  • gospvg changed the title to PlayStation 5 - Showcase Wednesday, September 16 at 9pm
  • Pob pinned this topic
  • Pob unpinned this topic