PlayStation 5: Launch is 19/11/20. £360 digital, £450 full fat. Launch games £70?!?!

47 minutes ago, rafaqat said:

There's that phrase again that people seem to use when they're out of arguments and want to shut the argument down.

Just buy all the consoles.  Lots of fun. 

To be fair pad-gate is getting a bit long in the tooth now. 

I don't understand why people who have no interest in the 'other' console even post in these threads. It's point scoring embarrassment. 

It's pathetic

Play your lil box, enjoy what you like and have some fucking shame. 

• Upvote 3
  • Empathy 1

Has it ever been mentioned if base PS4 games that will be backwards compatible will actually be the Pro versions on PS5?

I'm expecting some major fuckup to happen at launch that people will go crazy about. This could be one. 

Nobody cares mate. Backwards compatibility barely registers with normal people. It's only excitable fanboys (who probably keep their old consoles anyway) that get excited over it.

New consoles are all about the new and shiny.

• Empathy 1

In the initial tech briefing they said the PS5 GPU can run in a PS4 mode and a PS4 Pro mode, presumably only falling back to PS4 if the software doesn’t natively support Pro. 

Implicitly the console is always in a “boost” mode compared to PS4, because he cited that as the reason why they wanted to test games.

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, EUkdazs said:

Nobody cares mate. Backwards compatibility barely registers with normal people. It's only excitable fanboys (who probably keep their old consoles anyway) that get excited over it.

New consoles are all about the new and shiny.

Not sure if serious. 

Will tonight’s State of Play be on Twitch? It’s generally been a better quality platform than YouTube for previous live streams, but I can’t seem to find it using the search and it doesn’t appear to be a thing on the official PlayStation channel. 

Edit - no sooner posted than I found IGN’s stream, nevermind. :)

21 minutes ago, Popo said:

Will tonight’s State of Play be on Twitch? It’s generally been a better quality platform than YouTube for previous live streams, but I can’t seem to find it using the search and it doesn’t appear to be a thing on the official PlayStation channel. 

Edit - no sooner posted than I found IGN’s stream, nevermind. :)

It's on the PlayStation Twitch channel as usual. By far the most reliable stream, I've found.

Genshin Impact. 

Looks like BotW mixed with Fire Emblem Three Houses and Tokyo Mirage Sessions. 

Already the best of these major game presentations this year. 

6 minutes ago, pinholestar said:

Fuck yes. I completed Control literally yesterday and thought it was great. An Alan Wake-themed expansion gets me very excited. 

date?

• gospvg changed the title to PlayStation 5 - Showcase Wednesday, September 16 at 9pm
  • Pob pinned this topic
  • Pob unpinned this topic