PlayStation 5: Launch is 19/11/20. £360 digital, £450 full fat. Launch games £70?!?!

10 minutes ago, wretcherd said:

Nintendo revealed Switch launch games and price in January for a March release.

Still my favourite launch ever, I have such fond memories of it but then my uncle died the following week so it’s tinged with sadness - made the quiet stillness of BoTW oddly reflective. 

• Empathy 6
24 minutes ago, Stanley said:

It’s only price we don’t know now, what else is there?

launch date, what games will be at launch, (how many hdmi sockets the PS5 has :))

I suspect two of those are easy. Which games at launch will be the big moving part.

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, footle said:

launch date, what games will be at launch, (how many hdmi sockets the PS5 has :))

I suspect two of those are easy. Which games at launch will be the big moving part.

We can guess a few I suppose, and the date will likely be mid to late Nov. 

Pricing is the big one as will likely be a big determining factor into which one people buy - still got the £349/£425 figure in my head for PS5 digital and full fat, Xbox I have no idea as we still know nothing about this supposed Series S but I can see Series X being not too shy of £500. 

1 hour ago, footle said:

Bugsnax.  Going to be interesting seeing people convince themselves its a next gen game.

3 minutes ago, Stanley said:

We can guess a few I suppose, and the date will likely be mid to late Nov. 

Pricing is the big one as will likely be a big determining factor into which one people buy - still got the £349/£425 figure in my head for PS5 digital and full fat, Xbox I have no idea as we still know nothing about this supposed Series S but I can see Series X being not too shy of £500. 

PS5 I'm assuming is going to be cheaper and most people will go for that regardless of price.  Just the natural flow from PS4.

I’d expect, and hope, that Spider-Man Miles Morales will be the big launch exclusive, perhaps even including a remastered version of the original game, and then Demon’s Souls. Those two alone would make it pretty desirable for me, especially Demon’s. 

I’d like to see more of the hardware/UI. That stuff always gets me excited. The Series X is basically going to use the current One X UI, which is pretty boring.

I was hoping by now we’d see some proper stage demos, with someone with a controller in their hands, launching a game, etc, showing us how fast they boot, loading times, that kind of thing. It seems like the easiest way to actually demo some of the benefits of next gen, and yet neither Sony nor MS have done that yet (MS did that multiple quick resume video, but it felt like a demo thing rather than something actually running).

Instead they’re just showing us trailers or narrow gameplay slices which you probably couldn’t tell were on next gen unless they tell you.

• Upvote 3
7 minutes ago, rafaqat said:

PS5 I'm assuming is going to be cheaper and most people will go for that regardless of price.  Just the natural flow from PS4.

This is why Series S is so interesting - if it really is a thing, and everyone seems to think it is, there’s no way it will be more expensive than PS5 as the whole purpose of it seems to be a cheap entry level next generation system. 

What’s the point of an entry level system for the next gen if you don’t have any exclusive games though? Most big Third party games will be cross gen won’t they?

In that case it seems likely that the reason we haven’t seen it is because there’s no point launching it for the next year. 

Unless the rumours about it doing next gen but only at 1080p are true, in which case I’m 100% sold on day one. 

I was excited about the PS5 launch, and planned for a pre-order/time off work on day one combo but after seeing the games that have been announced so far, I'm considering not bothering.

So far, what is actually confirmed for launch? Bugsnax? No thanks. Godfall ? Nope.

Obviously Spidey is a winner but is it day one and is it a full game?

Mind you, I only had Killzone and Resogun to keep me occupied on PS4 launch day and I enjoyed that.

The big hitters like Horizon are 12 months+ away. Hopefully there's something up Sony's sleeve for 2020.

• Upvote 1

I didn't buy a PS4 for Resogun or a 360 for Geometry Wars but that's what I played the day I got them home.

It's not really about launch games, this will be the box I use for non-Nintendo games for the majority of the decade.

This time around I'll probably see how well my existing games run, like I did when I got a Voodoo 2 and Half-Life wasn't in software mode anymore.

2 hours ago, cubik said:

I was excited about the PS5 launch, and planned for a pre-order/time off work on day one combo but after seeing the games that have been announced so far, I'm considering not bothering.

So far, what is actually confirmed for launch? Bugsnax? No thanks. Godfall ? Nope.

Obviously Spidey is a winner but is it day one and is it a full game?

Mind you, I only had Killzone and Resogun to keep me occupied on PS4 launch day and I enjoyed that.

The big hitters like Horizon are 12 months+ away. Hopefully there's something up Sony's sleeve for 2020.

Spider-Man is apparently comparable to Uncharted The Lost Legacy in size. I'd say that's a full game, just not a 30-40 hour one.

That, Astro Bot and Demon's Souls would be a great launch for me, with Deathloop and Kena Bridge of Spirits as possible cherries on top.

• Upvote 1
50 minutes ago, wretcherd said:

I didn't buy a PS4 for Resogun or a 360 for Geometry Wars but that's what I played the day I got them home.

I did thirty minutes on Geometry Wars 2 last night, holds up really well on an OLED...

• Upvote 2
41 minutes ago, footle said:

I did thirty minutes on Geometry Wars 2 last night, holds up really well on an OLED...

And same generation as that I was fucking delighted to discover my new PC is powerful enough to flawlessly play the PS3 version of Super Stardust HD.

5 minutes ago, Dudley said:

And same generation as that I was fucking delighted to discover my new PC is powerful enough to flawlessly play the PS3 version of Super Stardust HD.

they released a PS4 version didn’t they?

the problem with geometry wars is I posted that, then turned it on, and forty minutes later of 3 minute deadline goes...

geometry wars 3 was ok, but lost something as it got overcomplicated

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, footle said:

they released a PS4 version didn’t they?

the problem with geometry wars is I posted that, then turned it on, and forty minutes later of 3 minute deadline goes...

geometry wars 3 was ok, but lost something as it got overcomplicated

Yeah it got a conversion but I think it's basically identical.  Weirdly because the PS4 involves going downstairs and turning stuff on though, a quick fix game like this I really appreciate having right there on the PC.

1 hour ago, womblingfree said:

The new Housemarque game on PS5 is what I’m looking forward to most at launch. Those guys are as reliable as a Swiss watch.

Me too, but I'm not sure it's a launch game. It's been in development for over three years now though, so it should be pretty far along.

• Upvote 1
  • gospvg changed the title to PlayStation 5 - Showcase Wednesday, September 16 at 9pm
  • Pob pinned this topic
  • Pob unpinned this topic