PlayStation 5: Launch is 19/11/20 - UI Video Released

Just now, teddymeow said:

Ditto. That PS+ Collection thing is really good too. Some absolute bangers in that!

It's going to be strange that you can download those PS4 games on PS5 but not PS4 with PS Plus.

2 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

Is the digital edition literally the same but without a disc drive? How does the disc drive cost another £100?!?

Same reason phones with more memory do.....

2 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

Is the digital edition literally the same but without a disc drive? How does the disc drive cost another £100?!?

It doesn't, but they can make back the £100 loss with their 30% cut from digital game purchases.

1 minute ago, deerokus said:

It doesn't, it's a loss leader, they're more than making up the difference in charging you more for psn games and taking a bigger cut. 

Meh, I've been pretty much all digital this generation anyway. And most of last, to be honest. Screw discs, I don't want em. 

Just now, RubberJohnny said:

Good showing though, quite a few games announced there after everyone saying it was looking thin based on the previous one.

the biggest gaming news is that spiderman is cross gen, and to play the content you’ve bought in full PS5 is another £70 please.

If digital games are going to be £65 (spider listed as $70) then it would be insane for me to get the digital version. 

They can fuck off with that. 

Just now, Doctor Shark said:

Meh, I've been pretty much all digital this generation anyway. And most of last, to be honest. Screw discs, I don't want em. 

Mostly yeah, you do get some good bargains on discs now and again though. 

Of the 4 platforms I think the discless ps5 is the best value. The one s is bargaintastic however. Going to think about which I prefer. 

Just now, rgraves said:

I'm confused - is it BC with PS4 or not - or do you have to pay a subscription to play the compatible PS4 stuff?

It is backwards compatible, how else would it play the PS4 games?

Just now, teddymeow said:

Ditto. That PS+ Collection thing is really good too. Some absolute bangers in that!

Yeah, be interested to see the pricing - or whether it’s the same price as PS Plus. 

You know looking at them side by side you are getting a lot more console for your money with PS5 Digital over Series S, but that £249 price could hurt them. 

Software wise Sony looks way stronger IMO.

PS+ Collection is just a more limited PSNow which I got a year for £24.99 at the ps sale a few weeks back isn't it? Well a lot more limited really as hundreds of games on it and can download all ps4 games now so no streaming.

All confused branding. Are there still free ps5 games each month on psplus?

• gospvg changed the title to PlayStation 5: Launch is 19/11/20 - Teardown Video Released
  • gospvg changed the title to PlayStation 5: Launch is 19/11/20 - UI Video Released
  • Pob unpinned this topic