PlayStation 5: Launch is 19/11/20 - UI Video Released

1 minute ago, Alex W. said:

Well, they didn't shit the bed. But they've still got a lot of little details to get out in the coming weeks.

That seemed like it was thrown together as a reaction to the MS launch.

It wasn't slick, just loads of trailers with a couple of talking heads and a single slide that was knocked up today with pricing.

The machines need to get in the hands of someone in the press, I'd love to know how noisy it is for example. My launch PS4 spoiled my TLOU2 experience a bit by making it sound like I was drying my hair when I played it.

Only Resident Evil and DeS aroused any interest in me. The rest looked pretty but like they'd be really bland to play.

The digital-only console for £349 is laughable as well. You'd have that saving swallowed up after your first few PSN purchases.

Just now, DeciderVT said:

Only Resident Evil and DeS aroused any interest in me. The rest looked pretty but like they'd be really bland to play.

The digital-only console for £349 is laughable as well. You'd have that saving swallowed up after your first few PSN purchases.

Not if you gameshare. 

Just now, hub2 said:

A little confused with PS Plus Collection. Most of those games are on PS Now (and are streamable AND downloadable).

Maybe they are combining the services on PS5.

they’re not - it’s a set of games to counteract the “you have something to play day one on your series s” narrative. To a large part all stuff that’s two or more years old, has been on sale a shit load, and isn’t upgraded for PS5.

some good games if you’ve not played them. But are you then the person looking to buy a console at launch for £300-£500?

that disk edition is dead in the water though.

5 minutes ago, Ry said:

If digital games are going to be £65 (spider listed as $70) then it would be insane for me to get the digital version.

I think the smart thing to do would be to undercut physical games. They don't need to pass all the savings from distribution etc to the customer, just some of it. They'll still be in the black at the end of the day. If they don't make the value proposition obvious then a lot of people will stick with physical - it's what they're used to and they'll still be able to play their old games.

Then once everyone's got used to digital purchases, next gen they can just do away with physical releases entirely and properly bleed the customers dry.

£359 is a little lower than what I expected for digital. It’s a good price. I really wonder if Microsoft could do with their own digital edition to get into that price range. That would take cut Sony off a little, avoid people looking at an S thinking there’s only a small hop to a full phat machine, but it’s Sony’s.

1 minute ago, Uncle Mike said:

I'm quite enjoying all the confusion in here about the Collection stuff. It's just a catalogue of selected PS4 games to download and play, included in the price of PS Plus. What's so tricky?

Only the fact that at no stage did they say "Included in the price of Ps Plus". You'd think if it was they'd have made it very clear as it's a differenciator.

I agree it's likely they are just stupid and it is included.

1 minute ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Wait wait wait so Sony doesn't have launch games either?? Just some old PS4 shit? WHAT KIND OF NEXT GEN IS THIS

The one where we all buy a PC instead, or in my case already have one.

I want the PS5 for the obvious quality of the Sony exclusives, and the 4k UHD drive so long as it outputs Dolby Vision. But I don't need that asap. I certainly don't need a PS5 or an Xbox at launch. They both have absolutely fucking nothing. 

Makes me wonder why either are even bothering with a 2020 launch. 

1 minute ago, Uncle Mike said:

I'm quite enjoying all the confusion in here about the Collection stuff. It's just a catalogue of selected PS4 games to download and play, included in the price of PS Plus. What's so tricky?

It eats into their PS Now offering assuming that's also going to PS5. 

Just combine the two like Gamepass. 

Just now, gooner4life said:

Why are Australia and New Zealand getting PS5 before the UK? laughable, I'm definitely going Xbox.

They're geographically close to Japan and need fewer units than the UK does.  It's a supply thing.

Apart from Demon's Souls and Oddworld, that didn't do a lot for me to be honest. Deathloop looks great, until it gets to the gameplay bits, then I just lose interest. 

And no Silent Hill - guess that's nothing more than a rumour then at this point.*

* Watch it show up in the Nintendo Partners Direct tomorrow now just to fuck with everyone. 

Just now, Jg15 said:

Fucking hell at the price difference between disc/discless. The disc console really is dead on arrival. 

Maybe so. But I think it has a good chance of seriously denting S sales at that price.

• gospvg changed the title to PlayStation 5: Launch is 19/11/20 - Teardown Video Released
  • gospvg changed the title to PlayStation 5: Launch is 19/11/20 - UI Video Released
  • Pob unpinned this topic