PlayStation 5: Launch is 19/11/20 - UI Video Released

2 minutes ago, rafaqat said:

I reckon they'll get more in as Sony get more shipped?  Plus there's going to be loads of people pre-ordering at multiple places to secure one and will release their pre-orders as time goes on I reckon.

Thanks, I'll just have to be patient and wait then, especially since I'd rather order through Amazon- I missed the announcement last night and didn't think the pre-orders would be coming out so soon.

Simply games have yet to put up their stock yet, sign up for the email, they're likely to be taking a deposit but if you're desperate for one this side of Christmas there is a chance.

AO are taking full payment right away so I guess that's why stock has lasted there. 

8 minutes ago, Zombait said:

Yeah, AO let's go! Not seen the ads on TV? I always thought of it as a catalogue company type thing, never used them though. 

I've bought kitchen appliances from them and they were excellent, customer service was spot on with a price match (for another online retailer which they often don't do) and they actually made it cheaper for me instead of just matching it to make up for me having to ask them which I thought was great. I reckon they should be a pretty good bet for a console.

They seem to be getting more into the gaming side nowadays, I actually bought my disc copy of GoW from them in a random sale for £8 with free postage!

Just now, Droo said:

How many of you will be lumbered with two consoles at launch? 

Most places won't take payment until the week before dispatch at the earliest, by which time you should know which places have fulfilled your preorder and can cancel one.

1 minute ago, Droo said:

How many of you will be lumbered with two consoles at launch? 

Not me but for those who do find themselves in that situation I'm sure they won't be lumbered with them, if there is a limited / no restock for Christmas it's gonna be a scalpers paradise on eBay 

22 minutes ago, Zombait said:

Yeah, AO let's go! Not seen the ads on TV? I always thought of it as a catalogue company type thing, never used them though. 

Seem to be offering 12 months interest free too. 

Just back from Game (have instore credit), got there just after nine, the queue was all the way along the shop, tills at the back, and out and along the front of the next two shops. So went and did some other shopping, came back and it was just within the shop, so queue up and finally was able to pre-order the console.

Lovely stuff.

Just managed to finally get one through AO, so if anyone is trying and the site keeps falling down, be persistent.

Strangely, they tell me they'll get it to me tomorrow- obviously their website isn't set up for preorders properly lol

Responding to the presentation itself, it seemed a bit rushed.   Obviously though, the finer points of presentation haven't counted for anything at all given the rush to pre-order.  I thought back compatibility could be clearer.  I wouldn't be surprised if the new FF comes to Xbox, or the FF VII remake for that matter.  

32 minutes ago, grounded_dreams said:

Just back from Game (have instore credit), got there just after nine, the queue was all the way along the shop, tills at the back, and out and along the front of the next two shops. So went and did some other shopping, came back and it was just within the shop, so queue up and finally was able to pre-order the console.

Lovely stuff.

Wow! Where in the UK is this?

I just managed to 'confirm' on ShopTo even though " Clicking confirm does not guarantee stock on day one" so I'm pretty confused. I've used AO before in fact I got my latest TV there, I'm unsure of ordering a console for launch day from them though, plus they want the money now, which I have but still... I'd use Simply if I could just because I like to stay loyal to companies who have treated me well and are not huge bastards so I'll keep an eye out for what's going on there and swap to them if I can.

2 minutes ago, wretcherd said:

I would have rather given shopto my money than Jeff Bezos, especially since they're 20 mins down the road, and I did "preregister" with them for a penny a couple months ago. Seems their website has fallen over.

Agree but their website was DDOS on me all the time.

3 minutes ago, wretcherd said:

I would have rather given shopto my money than Jeff Bezos, especially since they're 20 mins down the road, and I did "preregister" with them for a penny a couple months ago. Seems their website has fallen over.

Same, would’ve gone shopto same as last time, but went Bezos, shopto really should’ve given out links to people who preregistered or had an account history. They owe me £0.01 

1 minute ago, FiveFootNinja said:

I've just checked dates... are Cyberpunk and the PS5 both out on November 19th?!

I had in my head it was a week later but I think I've got confused with the Xbox. That's the day one game sorted then!

Yes it's the same day, but IIRC the PS5 upgrade for Cyberpunk isn't coming until later?

I've confirmed on ShopTo but that doesn't mean I get one, so you aren't missing out guys, the message they're giving is this: 

Regarding PS5 Consoles and Accessories:

• Clicking confirm does not guarantee stock on day one. We will inform you via email when we receive the confirmation of allocation from Sony.
• You have until 24/09/2020 to click CONFIRM PRE-ORDER or the registered interest will be deleted.
• This item is strictly ONE PER CUSTOMER AND HOUSEHOLD.
• Please, DO NOT PRE-PAY for your Registered Interest/Pre-Order just yet. Paying for the item now will not guarantee to get the PlayStation 5 on day one.

Not exactly filling me with hope.

1 minute ago, Triple A said:

Yes it's the same day, but IIRC the PS5 upgrade for Cyberpunk isn't coming until later?

The official Cyberpunk 2077 Twitter account has given us a clear-cut explanation with regards to the game on PS5: "We are happy to confirm that Cyberpunk 2077 will be backwards compatible with both next-gen consoles! Your PS4 copy of the game will work on PS5 on launch day."

The account continues: "A later upgrade to Cyberpunk 2077, taking full advantage of the next-gen hardware, will be available for free."

4 minutes ago, Triple A said:

I thought it was getting a little pump up on a day one patch and a proper PS5 update in 2021?

Either way a spanner has been thrown in the works as Amazon are no longer taking pre-orders for the PS4 disc version. Wish I'd realised earlier and ordered it with the console (seemingly like everyone else) :doh:

6 minutes ago, FiveFootNinja said:

I thought it was getting a little pump up on a day one patch and a proper PS5 update in 2021?

Either way a spanner has been thrown in the works as Amazon are no longer taking pre-orders for the PS4 disc version. Wish I'd realised earlier and ordered it with the console :doh:

https://www.shopto.net/en/ps4cy02-cyberpunk-2077-p61595/

Site is still playing up so maybe Simply Games?

https://www.simplygames.com/p/cyberpunk-2077-ps4

• gospvg changed the title to PlayStation 5: Launch is 19/11/20 - Teardown Video Released
  • gospvg changed the title to PlayStation 5: Launch is 19/11/20 - UI Video Released
  • Pob unpinned this topic