rllmuk
Eighthours

PlayStation 5 - Mark Cerny reveals even more details in second WIRED exclusive

2 minutes ago, PeteBrant said:

The amusing thing about this post is that I PM’d @Stanley and @Alex W. On Friday and told them exactly how I knew the render was not genuine . 

Why not just post it then? Literally nobody is checking what you say on here.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Broker said:

Why not just post it then? Literally nobody is checking what you say on here.

I thought about it and decided against it . Like I said I’m not privy to any information , I will say  the render has something on it that does not belong there and is clear indication that someone has been on the internet to grab images to help create the render .

• Downvote 3

24 minutes ago, PeteBrant said:

I thought about it and decided against it . Like I said I’m not privy to any information , I will say  the render has something on it that does not belong there and is clear indication that someone has been on the internet to grab images to help create the render .

You is so smart.

• Downvote 1

28 minutes ago, PeteBrant said:

You should’ve decided against posting anything about it.

• Downvote 1

PeteBrant's explanation re. the render is a fun bit of personal trivia and I can't see why anyone should get out of shape about it or demand he share it.

• Upvote 5

31 minutes ago, Alex W. said:

PeteBrant's explanation re. the render is a fun bit of personal trivia and I can't see why anyone should get out of shape about it or demand he share it.

Nobody is demanding anything, I was just wondering why someone would do the old “I know secret things but I can’t say them” on Rllmuk where nobody would ever get caught saying anything. Obviously, as always, the answer is because someone wants attention, which is a pretty boring answer. I was just wondering if he actually knew something secret or if there was any actual reason for him being careful.

• Upvote 3

This thread:

People: That PS5 image is stupid, why would anyone think that's real? Any idiot knows it's a fake

@PeteBrant: I've noticed something that suggests the obviously fake thing is obviously fake

People: REVEAL YOUR SECRETS AT ONCE MORTAL

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, Broker said:

Nobody is demanding anything, I was just wondering why someone would do the old “I know secret things but I can’t say them” on Rllmuk where nobody would ever get caught saying anything. Obviously, as always, the answer is because someone wants attention, which is a pretty boring answer. I was just wondering if he actually knew something secret or if there was any actual reason for him being careful.

Christ almighty . It’s not cos I want attention. I noticed something quite unique about the render . And the reason I spotted it is potentially personal information I would rather not share publically . When a couple of people asked what it was I pmd them directly to tell them because I trusted them with that information . It’s nothing earth shattering , just an amusing observation. 

Stop being such a colossal twat about it .

• Upvote 8

And yet you’re still dragging it on, replying, going on about your personal secrets. Definitely not because you’re looking for attention though.

• Downvote 2

3 hours ago, PeteBrant said:

It was the Let's Go Digital logo that tipped you off, wasn't it?

• Upvote 5

I think Pete might have that tattooed on his bum, after the 'incident' on his stag do. It's a legendary internet story as to how he got it, which he doesn't like to talk about.

( i wanted to subscribe to this thread, and the above seemed the most creative way. It may not be true.)

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Broker said:

And yet you’re still dragging it on, replying, going on about your personal secrets. Definitely not because you’re looking for attention though.

Hang on, you came in to reply to something I said 3 days ago saying I was talking bollocks . And then you said I shouldn’t post anything at all and that I was attention seeking . 

Im not going on about anything I’m replying to the falsehoods you are posting . Don’t like it ? Then stop posting about it .

• Upvote 1

They've designed a console just for me! 

I knew I was right to hold off on the PS4.

If you just show a little self discipline and vote with your wallet, these corporate giants soon learn who's boss.

• Upvote 5

It’s all about the innards for me. As long as they’re good they could put them in medusa’s head and I’ll still get it.

• Upvote 1

I struggle to get too animated about two fuzzy, indistinct photos taken at a funny angle that the publication doesn't even print. Phone cameras are so good now that you really have to work hard to explain why you couldn't get a clear photo of something that was right in front of you.

So I’ve brushed over some of the PS5 info out there, but can’t find any details on whether the patching system will be the same as this gen. One of my enduring bugbears about the PS4 has been how it needs double the HDD space to download an update. I know it’s a safety feature of sorts, but there has to be a better way. Any details on that?