rllmuk
Eighthours

PlayStation 5 - Mark Cerny reveals even more details in second WIRED exclusive

6 minutes ago, Len said:

Exciting times with them just over a year away. Can't bloody wait! :D

Indeed, it’s the PlayStation exclusives that excite the most. I wonder what game Bluepoint is working on :huh:

Spoiler

Demon’s Souls Remastered? :omg:

• Upvote 2

Just now, Stanley said:

Indeed, it’s the PlayStation exclusives that excite the most. I wonder what game Bluepoint is working on :huh:

if it is the decent ones you are waiting for then maybe 2021 - until then Resogun 2 will be the reason to own (and a damned good reason too ) :D

23 minutes ago, Clipper said:

its cringy :D

It doesn't mean doom and gloom, but leadership changes are interesting, if you like that sort of thing. A planned departure may have looked quite different, so what was the disagreement?

It won't spoil your enjoyment of the PS5, so don't worry.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Hide contents

Demon’s Souls Remastered? :omg:

Oh just imagine that. :lol:

He did sort of seem to imply it could be worked out or was he just being vague as vague can be?

3 minutes ago, Clipper said:

if it is the decent ones you are waiting for then maybe 2021 - until then Resogun 2 will be the reason to own (and a damned good reason too ) :D

It’s thought they weren’t making anymore arcade games :(

• Empathy 1

1 minute ago, TehStu said:

It won't spoil your enjoyment of the PS5, so don't worry.

I won't be getting one this time round unless the VR is a worthy upgrade 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Stanley said:

It’s thought they weren’t making anymore arcade games :(

ok so Knack 3 and Killzone and The Order it is for the first 12 months :D

Just now, Clipper said:

I won't be getting one this time round unless the VR is a worthy upgrade 

I say that every generation about one console or another,  always end up with them all eventually :lol:

2 minutes ago, Stanley said:

I say that every generation about one console or another,  always end up with them all eventually :lol:

I know - SHUSH you - I am trying to make this gen the one where I break the cycle! :D

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, womblingfree said:

Thanks for the updates on triggers and haptic feedback but...

Does it have a 4K disc drive? Can I use my PS4 VR stuff? When’s Cyberpunk 77 complete edition coming out on it?

And which bloody holiday??

I’m sure they said that PSVR will be compatible as they aren’t releasing PSVR2 at the launch of the console. 

2 hours ago, womblingfree said:

If it’s PS4 compatible there are a ton of PS3 games on PS4 already, so that’s three generations mostly in the bag.

but also not.

6 hours ago, Hoodedclaw said:

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/10/08/an-update-on-next-gen-playstation-5-launches-holiday-2020/

"Since we originally unveiled our next-generation console in April, we know that there’s been a lot of excitement and interest in hearing more about what the future of games will bring. Today I’m proud to share that our next-generation console will be called PlayStation 5, and we’ll be launching in time for Holiday 2020."

Hope it coincides with the two weeks I have off in August!

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, joffocakes said:

it optimistic to expect PS1/2/3 support on PS5? I've not really played a PS3 so theres lots I missed.

My ultimate dream is PS5 being able to play PS1 through 4. I have a feeling however that PS Now is going to get a big push for back compat - making it a repository of most PS games through the history of the platform.

• Upvote 1

Force feedback triggers are presumably the DS5's version of a touchpad/giro/pressure sensitve buttons.  Anything to make people buy new controllers! (but it might be quite cool)

16 hours ago, Boozy The Clown said:

Away and fling shite at yersel ya wee fanny.  The head of playstation leaves practically unannounced and no one here bats an eye or thought to even mention it. RllSony.

When you act like a totally moronic fanboy arsehole, can you please do it in a less obviously Scottish way? You're embarrassing the rest of us. Cheers.

• Upvote 5

10 hours ago, Hitcher said:

Sounds like it's going to be a pretty small SSD then.

I think it will come with a 512GB SSD, although I think they should go with 1TB as minimum.

Games are already pushing 100GB. a 512GB SD is likely, but also awful.

Still, if this console can add any bells and whistles to existing PS3/PS4 games a'la Xbox One X then it may be the first console I ever pick up day 1.