IGNORED

PlayStation 5 - Next gen is expensive

Eighthours

I'm trying to figure out the logistics of that, there's a perspex lid the size of a full-sized PC case covered in vents which is obviously where the PS5 goes, but there's nothing that it would obviously fit on top of, and there's a lockable perspex box under where the TV goes, which has no vents and which no model of PlayStation would fit in except the PSone and the PS2 Slim.

Have they hustled us and the PS5 is actually a smol boi?

7 minutes ago, Alex W. said:

I'm trying to figure out the logistics of that, there's a perspex lid the size of a full-sized PC case covered in vents which is obviously where the PS5 goes, but there's nothing that it would obviously fit on top of, and there's a lockable perspex box under where the TV goes, which has no vents and which no model of PlayStation would fit in except the PSone and the PS2 Slim.

Have they hustled us and the PS5 is actually a smol boi?

I’m guessing the PS5 goes in the PC case you mention and it sits vertically between the two controller plinths. No idea what goes in the box under the TV though.

45 minutes ago, Uzi said:

Would hardware normally be going up to demo more than 3 months outside of a launch window?

I’m wondering this as well. Where’s the image from? It doesn’t say PS5 anywhere on there, so could be from the PS4 launch.

2 minutes ago, JPL said:

I’m wondering this as well. Where’s the image from? It doesn’t say PS5 anywhere on there, so could be from the PS4 launch.

Can't be from PS4 launch. Switch Pro Controllers on the racking to the left.

It's in a Currys PC World somewhere.

3 minutes ago, JPL said:

Currys/PC World didn't merge until Jan 2015. PS4 launched Nov 2013.

You can't have retail demo spaces going up that far in front of being able to actually demo/buy something. The square footage is way too valuable.

Although I was also wondering if perhaps the store could have been doing a test build having received the stand from Sony to ensure it was all there while the stores were closed/empty during Covid?

• Eighthours changed the title to PlayStation 5 - Next gen is expensive