PlayStation 5 - Next gen is expensive

Eighthours

I thought it had been pretty well established since at least the Wii that lots of people see Nintendo consoles as their secondary console. Mainly because they're less powerful and receive substantially less third party support so the PS and Xbox consoles tend to be where people spend more of their time as it's the de facto choice for multiplatform games. I don't think it's particularly insulting. 

6 minutes ago, Pelekophoros said:

Yeah, but seriously, I didn't mean it was second to anything in something as pathetic as a console rating contest.

I'll reword myself so you that you don't need to be so needlessly offended.  If it helps, I have a full fat switch, a switch lite, a PS4 OG, a PS4 slim, an XBone OG, an XBone S All Digital and a MAME arcade cabinet. I love games more than anyone else in the world, true fax.

The switch is uniquely positioned in the console market to justify its existence alongside either of the other major players. Unique experiences blah blah MS service game pass blah blah PS4 grim dark etc whaddyacallit kthnxbye.

I’m not offended in the slightest, just find it odd that anyone would view it as a second console. 

9 minutes ago, the_debaser said:

I’d rather 5 steaks than 100 farmfoods microwaveable hamburgers. 

The Switch has got loads of people lapping up 100s of microwaveable hamburgers years after they came out in other shops, at over the twice the price. And the hamburgers are blurrier and have dodgy framerates.

5 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

The Switch has got loads of people lapping up 100s of microwaveable hamburgers years after they came out in other shops, at over the twice the price. And the hamburgers are blurrier and have dodgy framerates.

Yeah but they let you eat them where you like.  Freeeeeedom. 

Anyway.  Buy them all. Bask in the glory of the different hardware. Buy the special editions of games and display them for all to see.

I mean, we’re all joking, obviously, but let’s be honest, Nintendo don’t even have to try. Animal Crossing sold more in three months than every first party Xbox game combined for this whole generation. Mario 3D Allstars a full price re-release of three old games with barely a touch of paint broke the fucking internet. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, a port of a Wii U game, has sold more than any of Sony’s esteemed first party games, and is the best selling racing game this gen. Splatoon 2 sold more than Halo 5. Come on now. 

Fuck me. For all the time we waste reading and writing on here it amazes me people still bother with the hyperbolic bullshit around saying Xs games are better then Ys when they’re such completely different propositions. There is no better in Sony vs Nintendo exclusives. They’re different. They float different peoples boats.

But anyway, you dolts go back to trying to claim one of them is categorically better.

(and yes I get some of it is a joke, but it wasn’t funny to start with and hasn’t continued to be for the last 15 years)

2 minutes ago, thesnwmn said:

Fuck me. For all the time we waste reading and writing on here it amazes me people still bother with the hyperbolic bullshit around saying Xs games are better then Ys when they’re such completely different propositions. There is no better in Sony vs Nintendo exclusives. They’re different. They float different peoples boats.

But anyway, you dolts go back to trying to claim one of them is categorically better.

(and yes I get some of it is a joke, but it wasn’t funny to start with and hasn’t continued to be for the last 15 years)

I'm building a gaming PC this year too. 

At the height of the Blur vs. Oasis rivalry, there was one lad at school who would constantly try to butt in with the opinion that the real kings of Britpop were the mighty Ocean Colour Scene.

His reasoning:

- Cheaper shows and easier to get tickets. (Oof.) 

- "Different people like different things." (*wince*) 

After several weeks, I started to feel sorry for the guy and said yeah, sound, I'll check em out because he clung on so tight. Poor sod.

That's basically how I feel about this gen. 

41 minutes ago, Marlew said:

At the height of the Blur vs. Oasis rivalry, there was one lad at school who would constantly try to butt in with the opinion that the real kings of Britpop were the mighty Ocean Colour Scene.

His reasoning:

- Cheaper shows and easier to get tickets. (Oof.) 

- "Different people like different things." (*wince*) 

After several weeks, I started to feel sorry for the guy and said yeah, sound, I'll check em out because he clung on so tight. Poor sod.

That's basically how I feel about this gen. 

I always remember on the MTV request show, someone requested The Day We Caught The Train by OCS and the presenter, possibly Donna Air, didn’t get it at all. “I’ve never heard of The Davie Crockett Train”

I guess the modern day equivalent is Alexa doing exactly the same...