PlayStation 5 - Next gen is expensive

Eighthours

People like knowing shit. They're excited for the new consoles and they want to know what they're going to be like, what they're going to do, how things look on them.

It doesn't help than MS have gone "Here, here's what the X does with backward compatibility, here's how the front end looks, and here's how quick it boots." so there's a glut of information out about it. It's not important information (well the BC shit is) but it's at least satiates people for a bit.

And maybe people are a bit worried about the ps5. Legal flannel or not the 99% line has people concerned. Probably needlessly, but concerned nonetheless. And the only news people have been getting has made people recoil a bit. The save kerfuffle, the 99%, 70 quid games, the size of the bloody thing. If have thought Sony would have thrown some kind of bone, but that's at least starting on the 4th it seems.

8 minutes ago, Marlew said:

I guess Sony don't give a fuck because they absolutely battered Xbox this gen and assume they'll have better games and do same again next time. 

They only battered xbox last time because MS were completely shit at marketing prior to release. Not like Sony would ever make that mistake... :unsure:

5 minutes ago, Chadruharazzeb said:

They only battered xbox last time because MS were completely shit at marketing prior to release. Not like Sony would ever make that mistake... :unsure:

I think it was all the first-party games they released throughout the entire generation from start to finish. MS could have caught up, like PS3 did last time, had they released more games worth playing. 

We may well bang on about GP here, but the reality is that they sold half as many consoles. People don't give that much of a shit. 

The Ps5 has less space in the first place, surely you’ll be able to transfer to and from the HDD.

Whether you’ll be able to unplug an external HDD from a PS4 and into your PS5 and it’ll just work however, is a different question, and one I’d like to know in advance so I can sort out internally installed games in advance.

25 minutes ago, Freeman said:

Whether you’ll be able to unplug an external HDD from a PS4 and into your PS5 and it’ll just work however, is a different question, and one I’d like to know in advance so I can sort out internally installed games in advance.

PS4 external formatted drives are tied to accounts, so I don't see why not.

https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2017/02/11/ps4-external-hdd-used-on-multiple-units/#:~:text=PS4 External Drives Can Apparently,Tied to the Same Account&text=It seems that PlayStation 4's,tied to the same account.

33 minutes ago, Freeman said:

It worked from PS4 to PS4 Pro so there is a chance at least. 

Not sure of its origin, put this photo is doing the rounds:

image.thumb.png.484f61c4a2c8aa69dbc83f5e9c129160.png

The interesting part is in the background, as it appears to be the PS5 from which the plate has been stripped. The fan looks to be around 120mm, and I'm guessing there's another on the other side.

4 minutes ago, Ferine said:

Not sure of its origin, put this photo is doing the rounds:

image.thumb.png.484f61c4a2c8aa69dbc83f5e9c129160.png

The interesting part is in the background, as it appears to be the PS5 from which the plate has been stripped. The fan looks to be around 120mm, and I'm guessing there's another on the other side.

Really innovative. :rolleyes:

If that picture is legit, wouldn't that mean that the fan(s) are inhaling / blowing air onto a solid sheet of plastic? That can't be right surely unless there's a substantial gap...

[EDIT] More pics from same source apparently:

DA82-FD7-C-25-BB-4-C1-B-81-C5-BA7-E40312

06-D68845-C12-F-4-F94-93-BC-01-DAA50-BE6

CFE5363-C-17-A2-4426-934-A-B7-BA1-DD0624

Take with a grain of salt etc...

I can’t really tell from the photo but does that suggest the white panels could be user replaceable like the Xbox 360 faceplates? It looks like the fixings will make a gap between the panel and chassis which might be good for airflow. 

You mean this? Looks too small to be a PS5 chassis, I just can't make out what it is but I'm not convinced that's what a ps5 looks like with the side off. Compare it to the keyboard nearby and the weird metal plate in on the left...

Screenshot_20201003-010130.jpg

59 minutes ago, Gigawatt said:

I can’t really tell from the photo but does that suggest the white panels could be user replaceable like the Xbox 360 faceplates? It looks like the fixings will make a gap between the panel and chassis which might be good for airflow. 

This seems incredibly likely at this point, especially given the previous leaks. Special edition side plates would make me happy.